Sn0wbreeze To Jaibreak iOS 4 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G For Windows Users Released

1235»

Comments

• RandomMan
    RandomMan Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

There is one thing i dont understand so i have an Iphone 3GS, old bootroom, with 3.1.3 JBed with Spirit. I then did a restore using stock 4.0 then tried to do a restore using 4.0 customed with Snowbreeze, but i got the error 1604, so i kept getting it again and again without any solution. Is this because i had 3.1.3 JBed with Spirit or some other cause? (before u recommend a solution to this i must say i do not have any SSH files to downgrade it to another version and then JB using another method and then upgrade to 4.0) Tyvm for any advice!

• f
    f Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

and I have old bootrom....only reason I have 3.1.3 was when I updated for spirit jb

• f
    f Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

from my understanding you can't update to 4.0 before creating the custom firmware with sn0wbreeze. However, I am not sure if that is your problem since I am in the same position as you and I jailbroke previously with spirit 3.1.3. I wanted to try what you did and restore to stock, however I would have restored to 3.1.2/3 if possible.

• anthony.montalvo@comcast.net
    via Wordpress

I updated my 3GS with iTunes to ios4, and accidentally restored it so that it was wiped out, it's old bootrom, and I'm wondering if at this point I'm SOL or what? I used snow breeze to create ipsw but when I try to restore I keep getting error 1600

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

Any insights on this JBing a phone that was already updated to iOS4?

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

We are in the same boat bro. Upgraded to iOS4...thought the snowbreeze tool was going to be like blackrain. My fault for not reading up prior to. I realized it too late that the snowbreeze app creates the custom ipsw, then you do the update with that. So I'm now getting the 1604 regardless of what I do!!

• vbpakster3
    vbpakster3 Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

anyone having problem with tmobile web2go edge after unlocking?

i have 3gs 4.0 web2go unlimited

• little dragon
    little dragon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

go get at this web site man i try i can't jail break it tell me if u could jailbreak it on 3gs run on 4.0
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

• Victor
    Victor Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

worked for 3GS - old bootrom - perfectly!!!!
    1. You need to have the latest iTunes installed.
    2. To have a 3GS iPhone jailbreaked (old bootrom and JB without spirit...)
    3. Create custom ipsw firmware using sn0wbreeze
    4. Restore firmware presing "shift" + restore in iTunes and select the custom ipsw file made at point 3
    5. restart and unlock with ultrasn0w - see tutorial @ http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

Many thanks to development team and iH8sn0w!!!
    Good Luck

• l
    l Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I was getting the same error. And restoring it from the idle starting icon worked like a charm. I've jailbroken 2 of my 3GS iPhones smoothly now. Thanx for the tip!!!

• dann
    dann Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

My 3GS has iOS 4 with the old bootrom but has never been jailbroken before. Will sn0wbreeze work on my phone?

• Yeser
    Yeser Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have 3gs with old bootrom.4.xx
    I had itunes 9.0.2 , the restore did not work and displayed an error message with error code 1.then I updated to itunes 9.2, AND IT WORKED :)

Then cydia crashed, I just rebooted and .. everything works just fine.

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

did not work on my 3GS that was is jailbroken on 3.1.2

• DPrice1019
    DPrice1019 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

OK, so I have a iPhone 3GS with Baseband 05.13.04, Bootloader 6.4 and Model MB716. When I run Forcaster, it says Unlockable: No and Tethered: No.

My iPhone was jailbroken when I had 3.1.3, but I do not have any files saved on Cyndia.

When I start to use Snowbreeze, it says that it can only work with iPhones that have been jailbroken. My question is this. If my iPhone was previously jailbroken before I upgraded using iTunes from 3.1.3 to 4.0 (Not with Spirit because I have no idea what that is), can I use Snowbreeze to upgrade my iPhone now, or do I have to wait for something else?

• ph33rlus
    ph33rlus Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

sure as long as you release the cure for cancer. seriously - you cant release something that isn't there man. if there was a release for the new one it would be out there. im in the same boat as you

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

Man, read soooo many posts but I'm confused. From what I've read, iBoot 359.3 is the old bootrom. But my model number is MC135, which I've seen people say "MC" is the new bootrom. So am I old or new?

And how do I know if it was jailbroken via the Spirit jailbreak?

My iPhone 3GS...
    Model: MC135
    Baseband: 05.11.07
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Serial # 88942SDK3NP
    Current OS: 3.1.2
    iBoot (rom): 359.3

Assuming I used blackrain to jailbreak, can I upgrade to iOS 4, and jailbreak and unlock?

• ryen
    ryen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

will sn0wbreeze be available for mac os x?

• Gustavo
    Gustavo Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Works great for me, jailbreak and unlocked with UltraSn0w (0.93) and i have my phone (telcel in Mx) working at 100%.