Geohot Won't Be Releasing Tools To Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone [Update]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageGeohot Won't Be Releasing Tools To Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone [Update]

George Hotz (aka Geohot), the iPhone hacking expert who had released popular jailbreaking and unlocking tools like blackra1n, blacksn0w had broken his silence few days back to announce that he had jailbroken iPhone 4. However, he had also mentioned that he didn’t plan to release tools to jailbreak it, which...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress

Way to pussy out Geohot

• S2000
    S2000 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
  • Azures
    Azures Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Wow..
    Sad to see him go, but I can understand why. I'm hoping he's just taking a well deserved break. Let me be the one to say Thanks for all you have done Geohot!

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

i think he done it for the reaction.. and to get him in peoples heads again. Also so he is isnt forgotten.

• j.hoops
    j.hoops Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

i can understand a little. i would stop if i was him because all the people out trying to make money off of these guys programs. it takes a lot of work to jailbreak a new phone from scratch. and all the people demanding it now.

• zerobrand
    zerobrand Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

steve jobs should be smiling while reading this.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
  • Geohot's FAN
    via Wordpress

Nice people !!!!!!! Now what !!!!! A few bad apples,
    does it in for us again !!!! When will you people learn ....it's a sad day ....Geohot's is the MAN !!!!! Thanks for
    All your hard work!!!!!!

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

If i was him i would do the same damn thing. I would get so pissed off at people for doing that **** to me after all my hard work. Geohot is an amazing hacker and should be given way more credit than every little script kiddie gives him. Jason you are one of the people that is making him do this. if yall would stop acting like kids and let them work and do not **** he may work on it. its free when he puts it out and does not ask for any thing in return. GROW UP KIDS. Don't get me wrong i want the jailbreak just as bad as every one else but i am not going to **** at someone to try to get it done faster.

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

You are a moron. It's comments like yours that led him to his decision.

• ohjayp
    ohjayp Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I dont blame him, people are too demanding, who in the hell made it his responsability to make sure people get their jB and unlock every month.

it's people like those faggots on craigslist charging people $25 to do something that they begged Geohot to do for them for free. This kid goes to school/work just like everybody else, so get off his **** and figure it out yourself.

• big money
    big money Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Who cares about his jailbreak
    And you iPhonehacks can plz
    Stop posting about this child

• Jessiejames
    Jessiejames Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Thanks geohot I really appreciate all that you've done. One love!!

• klutch
    klutch Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

I think he will be back if. This is like a itch jailbreaking and beating apples top guys. People he does it for donations. Let him breath. You knew the iPhone 4 would take time . It's such a great phone don't jailbreak it.

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

I too remember it's all about working out how things work how great you feel when you get it to work like the wii xbox360 and even cable these are the things that make me get up in the morning I would love to know or even where to start with the iPhone think twice

• RICKDOEZ
    RICKDOEZ Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

WOW... ITS COOL HE'S GROWING UP YALL.
    GEOHOT I LOVED YOURE WORK FORGET THESE HOES PIMP!
    DEV-TEAM KEEP UR HEADS UP BECAUSE HOES ALWAYS F'UP EVERYTHING EVEN WHEN ITS FREE.

• katsuboi
    katsuboi Posts: 99
    via Wordpress

Well, a lot of newbies pissed him off. It's his right and choice to abandon jailbreaking the iphone for the public.

Lately, there HAS been a lot of whiners on here and other blogs demanding jailbreaks and unlocks while criticizing Devteam and geohot.

Just be patient and shut up, especially when you're getting this stuff for free.

• fred@msn.net
    fred@msn.net Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

George go work 4 apple, Dev Team has JB all set

• Shame on you guys. If you think you are smarter than Geohot why not you guys Jailbreak your self.

• Legionofone
    Legionofone Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I was patient, quiet, and complimentary. I posted on his/comex/musclenerds twitters thanks for working hard for us and risking there phones for us. Never asked for a release date, but after the stunt he pulled on his last post basically pissing in everyone's face he has lost all respect from me.

• nobber
    nobber Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

Ah well, off you go then, new ppl on the scene anyway.

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

he wasnt the first to unlock the iPhone, the first one was the italian guy, zibri, and this just proves how immature he is, all that work for him self, its just a waist of time, Im not smarter than him, but I do better things with my time obviously, plus his not the only one

• Snake
    Snake Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

nice move, everyone sucked that one ;)

btw, if you are this smart, you should have seen this coming.

• tonyel35
    tonyel35 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

All u haters get off his **** ,yah like females asking for some . His tired of it for now give him sometime to relaxing himself trust me he' ll never get tired of it.

• deez nutts!!
    deez nutts!! Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

"wha wha wha i got my snatch hurt" ...what a little cry baby girl! he said it wasn't difficult, I'm sure someone will release a jailbreak in no time.

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

I'm sorry to see Geohot make this kind of decision. He obviously enjoys addressing the whole jail breaking issue, so there must be something else going on for him to just up and quit.

I and many others DEPEND on people like him to give us the freedom to use our phones in the way we want to. I don't blame people for being anxious when they suddenly find their phone un-jailbroken. Then to have to wait weeks or months for the new jailbreak to emerge is difficult for us all.

I have iphone 4 with OS4 as well so I'm pretty much screwed until someone comes out with an appropriate jail break tool. In a free world the phones we actually BUY would be ours do to with as we wish. But this is America and most of our freedoms are replaced by corporations.

Please reconsider Geohot. WE need you NOW more than EVER. A lot of people who pester you are probably newbies and don't appreciate what you do for the community. I and MANY others do. And we Thank You.

• Reddz
    Reddz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Your all f***ing leeches hahaha geo stick it to the bitches

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

PS. Why not ASK for donations. God knows you work hard enough to give us something we can use. You should make something for all your efforts. And even a token amount like $10 could build up quickly to a large amount. I'm just saying ... think about it.

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress

You idiot, is it not his own doing? He uses a mass social networking tool, ofcourse their will be demand. Get your idealistic head out of your ass : p

• albend+355
    albend+355 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

He said it himself: it was not a good idea on his side to tell everybody that he could jalbreak the i4!!
    He kind of asked for almost everybody that is waiting for the jalbreak to hate him.
    I dont hate him because he gave me the 3.1.2 jaibreak!!!