Geohot Won't Be Releasing Tools To Jailbreak And Unlock iPhone [Update]

1235»

Comments

• gdogg
    gdogg Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

hey geo im gessing you probly think its another message about my trouble with my iphone .

ive read loads of comments and can see that the computer world does have its bad times , spesh when people dnt show appreciation to your hard work and effort put into doing something that most of us wish we could do

i currently have the iphone 3gs but updated it to os 4 :/ ive been on loads of websites and you seem to be the only one thats not trying to trick people into bricking their phone

its kl if you want a break why not i think you deserve it but there still tons of new iphone people (like me ) who would love for you to keep strong and do what your good at

:D big up geo x

• Kris
    Kris Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Well...... I know I'll miss your help man for sure.. I'm trying to learn this JB process myself but it's harder at times.. I hope all goes well in your journey and discrimination/slander from others.. The iPhone scene is really gonna miss you too man. L8r

• Kris
    Kris Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Well...............I'm gonna miss you man. Hope all goes well in your journey of a new. I'm trying to learn this myself but man oh man it's hard. Anywho, have a good one George.

• Upcoming Movie Wallpaper
    via Wordpress

oh come on geohot.. dont leave my iphone alone...

• Nick@hotmail.com
    Nick@hotmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

*lmao* someone should make a reality show out of this post!!! Too funny.....

• whateva
    whateva Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Geo, kinda funny how after people donated, myself included, you bail. its not about people being selfish, its about you failing to deliever what was promised.

my thoughts: apple is probably suing you, and you have to bow out because you can't afford a lawyer with all your donations. so you take the money and run. sounds like some wallstreet guys in the hot seat now too.

• tekknen
    tekknen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

just stop it,
    first, this pic means nothing. we only saw this pic which is probably faked.
    second, it is not like that geohot is the only and last person who is working on jail breaking the iphone.
    third, yes it is damn annoying that he backed on his words but at the end it is up to himself to wither he will release his work to the public especially if u did not pay a dime for it.
    i'm very grateful for blackra1n JB and i'm very sad that he ended his journey this way.
    ---------------------------------
    iphone 3GS OS 4, pretty screwed

• wisted
    wisted Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

@Heard Get over it, it's awesome to know someones done it wether they want to share it or not. Atleast you know it's possible

• SoilentGreenIsPeople
    via Wordpress

Jailbreaking accomplishment does not really mean these guys are smarter then you, they just have some knowledge you don't right now. Trust me.
    I have cracked a few apps, and i didn't study computer science or engineering at all.
    So, just because you don't have that inside knowledge they have right now, that does not mean you are less intelligent at all. These guys really don't have much of a social life at all wich is one reason they have time to do these things, that is all they do. They often lack normal social skills because of that. Proof how of that is how geohot responds and communicates. That is just one example.

• luk
    luk Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

He was payed by apple....

• G-Man
    G-Man Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I think all these comments are useless.. If anyone wants to do something they either do it or don't.. it shouldn't matter what people think. We should ALL appreciate everything we get from others, especially if its FREE.. and most of us do. With that said, if he wants to quit who's to tell him not to.. do understand there will ALWAYS be someone else. So thank you for that time period and your skills will be missed.. no need to complicate things..

• e1inc
    e1inc Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

bottom line people, its done and over with... geohot bro big ups to ya, you have made your mark in this world and will always be known as the zen master of iphones and of course the "kid who got a sick ass car for the 1st ever unlocked iphone".... thanks again for your hard work and hospitality. I wish you the very best sir in all your future ventures. may the force be with you, (yoda voice over) go life on must, out peace biaaatches..... lol

• rvjdonjuan
    rvjdonjuan Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

this is why people are mad....first its not like he developed these jailbreaks for nothing he took donations to help him further jailbreaking...so he wasnt giving it out free...2nd after he jailbroke iphone 4 why post on the web and BRAG like he is the **** then tell everyone hahhaha too bad you cant do it and BTW i will not release anything to help you...that's like cleaning **** off someones car then spreading it in there face...also this geo guy has made a website and registered domains and everything...this guy should have kept quiet about his jailbreak then no one would have known or sensed he was rubbing it in peoples face...but no he wanted the attention and fame for being the first to do something...in my book that makes you an egotistic pompous ass

• rvjdonjuan
    via Wordpress

do you have any evidence to refute this claim????

• rvjdonjuan
    via Wordpress

wait did u just tell people to research and study??? study what...? oh you mean study other stuff people have tried and used their time to create....i thought you could do it yourself, without anyone else...by you saying what you said, people are still relying on others to jailbreak. which officially puts your comment in the trash...without others like geo hot no one would jailbreak anything....

• rvjdonjuan
    via Wordpress

wait did u just tell people to research and study??? study what...? oh you mean study other stuff people have tried and used their time to create....i thought you could do it yourself, without anyone else...by you saying what you said, people are still relying on others to jailbreak. which officially puts your comment in the trash...without others like geo hot no one would jailbreak anything....

• Ari
    Ari Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I am agree with you Tagart! He don't have any brain on his head but on his knee.

• skywalkeriom
    skywalkeriom Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Thanx for your efforts geohot but I can tell you I to have been waiting for a jailbreak and unlock for my iphone 3gs 3.1.3 5.12.0 new bootrom MC model and beginning to think time to sell it, however good news last night not only did I jailbreak my iphone I unlocked it as well so I think the waiting is over and before you all say it must be the old bootrom I can assure you it's not having spent considerable time with various applications determining what os , baseband , model etc.
    Regards skywalkeriom

• DB
    DB Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

LOOKS LIKE APPLE IS GETTING BETTER BECAUSE NOONE HAS COME UP WITH JAILBREAK YET

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I appreciated GeoHot for all he had done. and he is right ("The real reason behind no release isn't technical. It's just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered")
    .. Its all because of the haters that doesn't appreciate the work value of others for FREE. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR WORK GEOHOT AND YOU WILL BE REMEMBERED.

• Ray
    Ray Posts: 121
    via Wordpress

**** all of you who said bad things about him, you people are the reason for him quiting doing this, so screw you all!!!

GeoHot is the best hacker in the world R.I.P geohot we will miss you =(

• emailme
    emailme Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Good on you Geohot!, for all you have done for the iPhone community. Listen with your heart to all who thank you and appreciate what have done in the past. Be strong and do what you want, clear you mind and find your way again. May you find strength and passion in yourself once again which may lead you back to us once more - Thank you

• Time to move on
    Time to move on Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would like to say thanks for all his work but its time to move on....Picked up my new Samsung Captivate on release day and lovin the android os.

• 1207kenkensky
    1207kenkensky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

no!!!!!!...please geohot have mercy...please..