Sn0wbreeze To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod Touch 2G For Windows

1235»

Comments

• Coolwave
    Coolwave Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

I just bought a iphone 4, and it was preloaded with firmware 4.1, I know there's no jailbreak out for it yet but is there a way to downgrade to 4.0.1 so that i can use jailbreakme?

• Moodi
    Moodi Posts: 74
    via Wordpress

Thank's for the help Mackie
    I am using MAC and try to put the iPone in DFU mood and know the link and did as it say's. But when I connect to iTone the message is I am in recovery mood. I try to restor to 4.0 ut I get Error (28) So
    please can you advice on how to know that I am in DFU mood?
    Thank you

• Moodi
    Moodi Posts: 74
    via Wordpress

Thank's for the help hand Hangnlowe
    I am using MAC and try to put the iPhone in DFU mood . But when I connect to iTone the message is I am in recovery mood. I try to restor to 4.0 ut I get Error (28) So
    please can you advice on how to know that I am in DFU mood?
    Thank you

• CJ
    CJ Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

For the step 2, is this the one by holding power and home to reboot on the dfu mode?

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I just bought a iPhone 4 and it's on 4.1 firmware. Is there a way to downgrade it to 4.0?

• shey
    shey Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hello, When I tried to restore the IPSW 3.1.2 that I built, I get an ERROR: 1600

Can you please help me? Thanks!

• mlumin8ing@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

To all those getting error messages. I was getting them too. All I had to do was install NET framework 3.5
    That should work. It did for me.

• fuckuaLL
    fuckuaLL Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

snowbreeze 2.0.1 hacktivation problem solved

1) Create a modified firmware in expert mode without activation, flash it and wait until the phone starts up and presents you the emergency screen. Use iREB in case iTunes prevents you from applying the firmware to bypass the error.
    Use a file browser to access the filesystem. iPhoneBrowser does the job.

2) Now, download the right bundle for your phone from msftguy's homepage and get the file "lockdownd.patch".
    (It can be used in the recent PwnageTool for Mac by the way and activates your phone correctly. You need to do it manually now.)

http://sites.google.com/site/msftguy/

iPhone1,2_4.1_8B117.bundle_v0.zip for 3G ,
    iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117.bundle_v5.zip for 3Gs.

Get the bsdiff_win_exe.zip from http://tpokorra.blogspot.com/2007/11/bs ... d-net.html

3) Using iPhoneBrowser download "lockdownd" from "usr/libexec".

Place "lockdownd", "lockdownd.patch" and "bspatch.exe" all in one directory on your PC.

Holding shift, right-click this folder and open a command prompt.

Enter this command to generate the patched lockdownd file:

Code:
    bspatch lockdownd lockdownd_patched lockdownd.patch

4) Do the following steps with iPhoneBrowser on your phone:

Open the path "usr/libexec" and right-click the file "lockdownd", choose "Replace file..".
    Select "lockdownd_patched", it will be renamed and the permissions will be copied automatically.

5) Restart. Your phone is now hacktivated.

• newb
    newb Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

i got the same error, help please.

• mervman
    mervman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

use to have this error (14). after the snowbreeze 2.0.2 update, the problem is solved. thanks!

• a bit lost...
    a bit lost... Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have a 3Gs now on 3.1.3 jb with JailbreakMe and unlocked. Did the "make my life easy" when was on 3.1.2 (now cydia say SHSH 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2). F0recast say basaband 05.12.01, bootloader 6.4, model MC132, tethered "maybe-Depends if refurbished".
    This iphone has never sent back to apple for refurbishing, and i do not have a valid sim to activate in case.

now the easy question: can i move to iOS4.1 and activate it and jb it and unlock it?
    anyway, thanks for the hard work you've done.

many tks in advance

• joshua
    joshua Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

I'm using iphone3g and it was previously jailbroken but when i use the sn0wbreeze the hactivation didn't work now i saw this new program and tried it again and it still doesn't work. the restore goes fine but it does not activate and itunes tells me i am using an unauthorized sim card. need help?

• Juliano
    Juliano Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I restored my iphone 3G using the new Costum Firmware by Snowbreeze butit is still locked , I cant even get to Cydia, cant get to my home page, it still says insert a valid sim to unlock iohone ! any help plz ?!

• Juliano
    Juliano Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

what to do to get to Cydia ?! ... I restored using the Snowbreeze frimware but it still says insert a valid sim to unlock iphone ! cant get to my home page

• DrunkMunki
    DrunkMunki Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

use a phonebook sim card after you jailbreak it, which activates it then use ultrasnowm and thenm put ur new sim in.

• DrunkMunki
    DrunkMunki Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

same thing happened to me, wouldnt sync with iTunes, a complete reinstall of itunes fixed it

• Missy
    Missy Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Where do you get the step by step directions? I have an iphone 3G 4.1 version... please let me know the step by step directions.

• Mike03Kap
    Mike03Kap Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

So if I'm correct about all this I have a iPhone 4 running on ver. 4.0.2 and haven't saved my shsh blobs on cydia I am screwed

Baseband: 01.59.00
    Bootloader: 2.6

Someone shed some light on this situation

• bobbuble
    bobbuble Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
  • Ashton Fadashian
    Ashton Fadashian Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well we all have to wait for the Dev's team release of "Shatter" so you gotta wait and hang tight aite. =)

• Ashton Fadhashian
    via Wordpress

hey dude links here go catch Dinozambas he's a GOD.. =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2SLY8Vk9SM

• Ashton Fadhashian
    via Wordpress

Listen up guys, this jailbreak is just a custom firmware restore and wont work for the Iphone 4 you'll just have to wait for the Dev's team Official release of "Shatter" in the mean while hang tight and wait..

For those on Ipods and Iphone 3G and 3Gs you are welcome to watch Dinozambas (D7) for a detailed explaination on HOW to JB your device links here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2SLY8Vk9SM

Hope that helps..

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

Just jailbroke my 3GS using this method.

I was on iOS 4.0, already jailbroken. However I forgot which method I used to jailbreak iOS 4.0 So I installed spirit2pwn first and realized I might have used jailbreakme.com. So I uninstalled spirit2pwn and installed JBme2pwn. Didn't seem to harm anything...

Used sn0wbreeze 2.0.2

Baseband: 05.11.07

Works perfect as for now. We'll see what happens over the next few days.

All previously installed (jailbroken) apps were backed up with PkgBackup. After restoring, non of the icons were there. Reinstalled one of the apps (iRealSMS 3.0) and all the icons came back.

• *WOOF*
    *WOOF* Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thank you to the jailbreak programmers!!!!!!!! Looking forward to 4.2 and shatter jailbreak!

• BigK
    BigK Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hey all a bit of a noob question. I have a 3GS that is running 3.0 that I jailbroke using the step by step on this site. Now I need to update where should I start?