Dev Team And Chronic Dev Team Comment On Geohot's Limera1n; Greenpois0n Delayed

Comments

• mkimid
    mkimid Posts: 227
    via Wordpress

Personally, I am thinking,
    Geohot's solution should be saved for all devices. And, SHAtter is for the A4 power deviced only. It should be opened first.
    Because of apple will use new version of process in their new device. possibly, SHAtter will be useless in near future.

• J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress

The Cydia main page is not loading.. :( Help!

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Most of you are idiots and don't understand the whole situation... and you probably never will but here are the main points to consider:

1) Geohot KNOWS that his limera1n exploit has already been discovered and fixed by apple (so it will definitely NOT work when a new bootrom is produced)

2) The Limera1n exploit works on many more devices than greenpois0n does (how could you idiots think that it's an inferior exploit?)

3) Yes, geohot should have gone about it differently (like contacted the team with his exploit as soon as anyone mentioned using shatter), but his heart was in the right place. Again, he KNOWS that his exploit is already going to be fixed. What he did here is try to prevent the hole used by shatter from bein exposed, in the hopes that the next bootrom and/or next generation hardware releases would still be vulnerable to it.

So

4) All of you rich Applefan whores who buy the latest and greatest hardware as soon as it comes out... STFU. Geohot just did you a FAVOR!

• yo mama
    via Wordpress

other way around. limra1n exploit hole is already closed in software so it is already known that it will not work in a future bootrom.

There is still a chance for shatter after the new bootrom.

• Hmmm i see
    Hmmm i see Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

this

why come back, your donations dried up?

your an insult to the hacking community

fk off Geohot

• yo mama
    via Wordpress

no problem. Just sync with your MAC first, then jailbreak with the PC.

Don't sync with the PC

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

i dont blame them for being angry,these dudes work hard and geo is such a attention fiend that he had to release his tool,a day before dev-team was planning there release.next time dev-team will probably keep the release day on a hush! it just goes to show you how immature he is.basically sitting on his findings until he heard the date shatter was going to drop.i dont respect it,it was a coward move.these guys werent looking for attention they passionately wanted to give us this tool.theres no tellin when or if they might release it.a dude that complain so much about being heckled about jailbreaking and was supposely fed up came out the blue with limerain.i wanted a jailbreak for life and now we wont get one.thanks alot geo,you sccessfully succeded at being a douch bag!

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

look

limera1n is a jailbreak thats all it does every device i thx geo
    im sick of the dev team there tools dont work anymore only on the 3g with redsnow most people have iphone 4 or 3gs or the new touch

so geohot thank you dude

and dev team your blog about limera1n looks like well lets say your upset geohot as done a jb unlock you since 4.0 and 3.1.3 we woukd be screwsed without comex your loosing touch with people dont moan at geo when your tools dont do **** anymore

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

and geo these noobs on this forum are no better to

you made limera1n and you can release it when you like
    and if the noobs dont like it dont use it then and i see dev are trying to use limera1n in there own tools these guys are lame

go geo shows these fools your the king

• iPhoneWill
    iPhoneWill Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The naming conventions drive me nuts: greenpois0n, limera1n, SHaTTeR, Spirit, etc etc, mostly because I have to explain the differences to people who don't know otherwise

• Kash
    Kash Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Don't care who...just get a Mac version out.

• Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

I made a mistake and added repo666.ultrasn0w.com to my sources in cydia and tried to install it before I realized what I was doing I remembered that there is no unlock for iPhone 3GS with new modem firmware, I am trying to firgure out how to remove this source from cydia completely as I keep getting message that says could not activate cellular data network, I can text message and make phone calls and use wifi with no problem, I just want to remove that added source to cydia so that message will go away, Thanks, Ed

• Mac
    Mac Posts: 132
    via Wordpress
  • MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

IT LOOKS LIKE CAT AND MOUSE GAME IS BETWEEN THE DEV,CHRONIC AND GEO BUT STILL I WILL GIVE THE CREDIT TO ALL HACKERS WHO WORK HARD
    THANKS FOR ALL HARD WORK

• Mac
    via Wordpress

Well said my friend.

• Mac
    via Wordpress

Hey um im wonderin. How is he a media ****??

• Mac
    via Wordpress
  • Mac
    via Wordpress

Dude but if he hadnt, everyone would be bitchin for a new jailbreak from devs, so now they can just wait. Besides no use wastin such a good hack. Also since i have a 3GS, i can actually use limera1n to jailbreak it.

• Fares
    Fares Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I think, very wise decision from iphone Dev and Chronic Dev Teams.

• Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

What attention? did it make the front page? is it on NBC or dateline? People forget this is the guy that started it all!,If he released under another name like a new comer then I can see wanting the attention! Maybe the devs should have contacted him, since he started this ****!

• Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

Exactly! Leave the JB to the JB guys and devteam do what you do and make those unlocks!

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

Bravo to geo, since day one he's been doing his own thing and does it by his own accord. From that first stupid emergency call hack and the countless ridicule he's continued to give the general pop what they want pure and simply .... A JAILBROKEN PHONE. To all those haters out there: patiently wait for weeks to pass before a jailbreak is re-amped USING THE SAME CODE that geohot himself has helped create. No, No u cant go around it unless you dont use the software period. So a big thanks goes to geo. Always a fan, supporter and DONOR to the cause. I'd insist you all do the same.

Long live the open software revolution.

• Geohot did a good job but is a douche because :-
    1. If he had the exploit he could have shared it with Chronic or at least released the information that he had an exploit and was working on it and should have given an ETA.
    2. By refusing to reveal his intention, there was duplication of efforts.

Geohot to me sounds like a little kid who is upset that he is not getting the recognition for his work. Maybe Chronic and Dev and Geo can address this issue.

I appreciate Chronic for taking the higher route because, if they had released green poision, Apple would have known of both the exploits and fixed it. Like this Apple "maybe" looking for the Shatter exploit.

I urge the jailbreak community to not to reward Geohot this time.
    My money goes to a Chronic dev team for taking the better route.

We have to be united as one against Apple, which BTW is now the Evil Empire .. Goodbye Microsoft (uhh what soft... ?)

• El Barto
    El Barto Posts: 31
    via Wordpress

I guess Geohots limera1n is another way of saying "FIRST!"

• CR
    CR Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

There is nothing wrong with Geohot's approach. Large tech companies know that their best work comes from having competitive teams within.

Also, why is it assumed that the iphone hacking teams should be so organized with constant communication of each other's efforts? The science community doesn't even work that way -- they compete and challenge each other constantly for fame, success and notoriety.

Leave these folks alone, humbly accept their gifts, and hope that Apple somebody realizes that an open IOS is a much healthier business model. Think of the things these guys could be making if they weren't spending all of their time jailbreaking.

Let's hope their are more Geohot's out there to keep Apple on their toes. Go Geohot!

• Sterling
    Sterling Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I have to say, while Geohot went about this very poorly, he did the right thing. Because Geo's jailbreak covers more devices, I think that his should be the one that they use. SHAtter can now be saved for future A4 devices. But for now, limera1n and soon, greenp0ison, using Geo's jailbreak instead of SHAtter is good.

• Sterling
    Sterling Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Wow! Someone with common sense =P
    People just like to bash geohot. He went about limera1n a little childish, but that doesnt matter because now SHAtter can be possibly saved for the iPad mini, iPhone 5, or ipt5g and whatever else awaits. And also, for those of you with a 3GS, geo just saved you.

• KevinK
    KevinK Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

why hasnt apple hired geohot?

• To
    To Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

geo did the right thing he at least to preserve one exploit for the future and we are sure that we could jb in future