Sn0wbreeze 2.1 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3

Comments

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

ok i build the custom firmware and when i try to restore it in itunes i keeping gettin errors any suggestions

• Sliek
    Sliek Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

ok ppl ive had all these errors as well but try to DFU mode by Redsnow or by yourself if you know how to and then itunes can accept Costom made IPSW that you created with SnowBreezss just click Shift and then choose the costom Firmware u just made...hope that works cuz it bored for me.. :)

• sildra9on
    sildra9on Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

I have same issue here. HELP~~~

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

WHat.. how did you do it? share it here.. we all got error. how come u dont?

• WikoSiko
    WikoSiko Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Makw sure you are in DFU mode not Recovery Mode, If you see the USB and iTunes logo your not in DFU mode.

After I figured this out things worked smoothly :)and im now Happily jailbroken and Unlocked on my 3G[S] New bootrom with a 5.13.04 Baseband ;)

• Nathaniel
    Nathaniel Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

This may sound silly.. but....

1) I currently have 4.0.2 on my iphone 4 that came factory unlocked.... should i upgrade to 4.1 and jailbreak do i lose the factory unlock?

2) When i upgrade to 4.1 will i lose all my applications and layout and will i have to reinstall everyone of them after?

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

I changed to a different user profile, well a new one, and i was able to successfully restore to 4.1, preserving my 5.13.04 BB and was able to successfully unlock my phone.

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

If purchased as factory unlocked (SIM FREE ) then you can upgrade. All you need to do is use redsn0w or limera1n or greenp0ison to jailbreak once you have upgrade. BUT you need to be sure its factory unlocked. Where did you buy it ? If directly from apple in a country that apple sells them in as "sim free" your good to go if not be careful if your using an carrier in a country that Iphone does not support.

• dee
    via Wordpress

putting ya phone in dfu mode leads to recovery! the developers that released this hack overlooked the error (21) message and needs to hurry up with a fix to solve this since so many are having this problem like myself.so i just restored to 4.0.2 using redsnow!

• Abid
    Abid Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I have a problem loading the custom firmware in the iphone, itunes installs the firmware and everything, but when I boot the iphone it gets stuck on the boot up screen where it shows the snowbreeze logo, no matter what I do it wont go past this screen, I have redone the process a couple of times now and it still stuck on that screen, any advice

• domage
    domage Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Yup, the same situation. I don't know what to do...

• joe bruiser
    joe bruiser Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 4 with firmware 4.0.2. i tried to upadte the firmware to 4.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.1.. an error happend and now my phone is STUCK on recovery mode.. i tried to get out of recovery mode using tiny umbrella,ireb,ircovery. none of them got me out of recovery mode.. i then tried to restore through itunes,with original firmware 4.0.2 , and it wont restore. can someone help me? i'm running windows vista..

• varun
    varun Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Guys please use Simple mode instead of expert mode...it will work for sure...i have tried it...

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Did not work. I got a green sreen displayed on my iphone 3G

• joe bruiser
    joe bruiser Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i tried to make it with the simple mode.. but my iphone 4 is stuck in recover mode,so i can't get it into dfu mode..when i try to restore with custom firmware through itunes..i get an error and it wont restore

• WikoSiko
    WikoSiko Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

I used redsn0w to put my phone into pawned DFU mode then put in my modded sn0wbreeze file and there was no errors and I'm successfully on 4.1 with baseband 5.13.04.

• Olliver
    Olliver Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

I've done 4x 3GS from 4.0.1 to 4.1 successfully, now JB and unlocked working fine.

When doing a 3G I get stuck on the snow-logo after restoring in iTunes, seems to do the full process and get stuck in the end.

Any ideas what to do?

• domage
    domage Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Guys! Don't waste your time! Get to your friend with Mac and use a PwnageTool! I've wasted all day trying to deal with sn0wbreeze and made a brick of it in the end.
    And today I upgraded my iPhone-3G with PwnageTool in 5 minutes. It's just like a miracle!

• Dirk
    Dirk Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Hi,

I have the same issues, this is not working and my phone is stuck now.
    Tried every possible way out there, cant even restore to my old 4.0.1 anymore.

For all users who try to attempt it with this method and have an iphone 4, stay away from it. I have already wasted a day with it and still haven´t got my iphone working.

I hate Apple for simlocking phones!

Very annoying.

• varun
    via Wordpress

it works...just JB my 3GS and 4

• varun
    via Wordpress

Hey Jonah do a hard reboot....i was facing the same problem....after the reboot iTunes will recognize ur iPhone..i hope this helps.

• Sliek
    Sliek Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I have a problem loading the custom firmware in the iphone, itunes installs the firmware and everything, but when I boot the iphone it gets stuck on the boot up screen where it shows the snowbreeze logo, no matter what I do it wont go past this screen, I have redone the process a couple of times now and it still stuck on that screen.. Help

• hunter2k
    hunter2k Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i had the same problem stuck in DFU& error 1600 &error 12 with my iphone 4 on 4.0.1 when i tried simple mode. but i switched to expert mode, it worked like a charm. i hope this help guys

• hunter2k
    hunter2k Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i had the same problem stuck in DFU& error 1600 &error 12 with my iphone 4 on 4.0.1 when i tried simple mode. but i switched to expert mode, it worked like a charm. i hope this help guys.

• joebruiser
    joebruiser Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

dirk please let me know if you come up with a fix.

• dee
    via Wordpress

i have iphone 4 will this method work

• alfnav
    alfnav Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

after i created a custom 4.1 os using sn0wbreeze to be able to keep my baseband everything worked great, until you try to make a call and it does not finds a carrier it does not recognizes th esim card phone number, i tried five times with no luck cydia install wifi works fine but not able to make any calls im stuck in limbo any suggestions

• MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

I am in same situation...stuck on boot logo while restoring with custom firmware on iphone 3g....not booting up...any help?

After a while switched off and hold home and power buttons for 10 secs..after releasing power button, continued to hold home button for 30 secs....then found dfu mode (plug with boot logo on the screen)....then did restore with custom firmware....after sometime got error 1603 while restoring...no use

• Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

in order to avoid erros 1600 and 21 at the end of the building ipsw job you must use the instructions on sn0wbreeze to put your device on dfu mode.
    do not disconet your device do exactly as sn0wbreeze says because it cleand and do some stuffs internal which result in making itunes do the restore correctly.
    remember is not only about making a custom ipsw, the most important step is at the endo of sn0wbreeze

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

Different user profile? is that the log in id from apple itune?
    i still haveing the problem getting 1600 error. please provide me the detail instruction how did you successfully jailbreak and unlock?