Sn0wbreeze 2.1 To Jailbreak iOS 4.1 For iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3

Comments

• sildra9on
    sildra9on Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

on expert mode. which one do you need to click? unlock? build ipsw? General?

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

that's same exact problem for me. the reason is your phone need to be firmware restore. apple currently dont accept any restore under version 4.1
    so you can only go with 4.1, but the 4.1 now we haven't the problem jailbreak and unlocking here. we keep getting error 1600 or error 21. that what i am trying to figure out how to get over it. some people seems they got thourght it with no problem

• Dirk
    Dirk Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Hi joe bruiser,

Ok, here is what I have done. (I tried out a lot more, but I spare you the details of it. This method worked).

I used the Mac of my girlfriend and started PWnageTool 4.1. I could not get it to work at all with Sn0wbreeze 2.1 on Windows.
    Got 3014, 14, 1600 and 1004 errors when trying to use Sn0wbreeze (WIN).

On the Mac I went through the expert mode and when asked whether to install Cydia or not I unchecked the box. (when selecting Cydia, it came up with error messages when starting it afterwards)

This also allowed me to keep the baseband when upgrading to 4.1.

Then, I used Limera1n on my Windows machine (again) to jailbreak the phone.

Got Cydia installed, downloaded Ultrasn0w and unlocked my phone.

Last step was to restore from backup and everything was working fine. (Thank god)

One thing I noticed with PWnageTool, I could not use the same custom ipsw twice. Always had to go through the whole process again.

So, I really recommend to jailbreak your iphone on a friend´s mac if you don´t have one yourself.

Even though the interface is much better at Apple and their products are really great, this was one hell of a ride that I don´t want to do again.
    Apple, stop locking iphones! It is a pain in the bxxx.

• TimC
    TimC Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I use Snowbreeze 21 and created the custom 4.1 ipsw and installed it on a 3G iphone.

It installs perfectly except I nevered get the green screen before restoring in itunes - I got the white screen - It restores every time - My problem is that Cydia will open and close instantly - I cannot open Cydia. I have gone through the whole process 6 time and the same thing - Can sometime please help.

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

this snowbreeze needs the error 21 fix.cuz early versions required it!!

• Ricardo D.
    Ricardo D. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I would like to know if can I Upgrade my Iphone 3GS 32gb Baseband 05.11.07 bootloader 6,4 MB718LL with OPS 3.12. , to OS 4.01 and Jailbreak with sn0wbreese?

I was waiting for a solution to this especific model.
    Can I proceed now?
    many Thanks!

• MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

u r lucky at least u got to home screen..I am stuck at boot logo after successful restoring to custom ios

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

YES.~~~!!!!!!!!! Finally got my 3GS to work. (after 10times trying, kept getting error 21 & 1600)
    VERY IMPORTANT, make sure you have 10.1 newest itune, and MAKE SURE you followed the step after Snowbreeze2.1 created, you HAVE to click on START on the bottom, and follow it to reboot your iphone into DFU mode. it's a MUST, cause it help you clean up your iphone.
    VERY HAPPY NOW..~~~ after 2 months i couldn't use my iphone that i accidentlly tried to upgrade and stuck on apple logo.

• Dirk
    Dirk Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Hi TimC,

if Cydia is your only problem, then simply unselect it when creating your custom ipsw file.

When it is done, use limera1n to jailbreak and then get Cydia from there.

• Lrs
    Lrs Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

i have same problem

• ACL
    ACL Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What about my 3Gs 3.1.3 base band 5.12. Can i unlock this phone with sn0wbreeze 2.1?

• Chowwen
    Chowwen Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Wow, worked like Charm!

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

YES.~~~!!!!!!!!! Finally got my 3GS to work. (after 10times trying, kept getting error 21 & 1600)
    VERY IMPORTANT, make sure you have 10.1 newest itune, and MAKE SURE you followed the step after Snowbreeze2.1 created, you HAVE to click on START on the bottom, and follow it to reboot your iphone into DFU mode. it's a MUST, cause it help you clean up your iphone.
    VERY HAPPY NOW..~~~ after 2 months i couldn't use my iphone that i accidentlly tried to upgrade and stuck on apple logo.

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

• sildra9on
    via Wordpress

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

is anybody having a problem finding signal when used snowbreeze??

• Abid
    Abid Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I dont get any errors though, it goes through the whole process and says its complete, the phone stays froze on the boot screen and my computer wont recognize it, from ive been reading in the posts it seems only to happen to the iphone 3g which what I have

• Abid
    Abid Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

probably the best thing to do is wait until they release a patch for snowbreeze, theres always some glitches when the updated software is released

• MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

why some of the comments are getting deleted. Is iphonehacks doing it?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yes, spam comments are being deleted.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Hi, thanks for the tutorial. Im getting up to the last point and it looks like its all worked, however after all the loading bars have filled up on my Iphone it just seems to freeze on the Sn0wbreeze logo. I ran it in verbose mode and its coming up 'systemShutdown false'. I cant get any further than this and my computer isnt picking up my Iphone. Any help would be appreciated.

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

hey guys. what i was talking about was creating a new user account on your windows box. then doing the restore of the custom ipsw file created by sn0wbreeze via itunes under the new profile. i kept getting 1600, 1604 and 21 errors when i tried to restore the ipsw until i did this. then i successfully restored 4.1 and preserved my baseband and then unlocked it via cydia/ultrasn0w.

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

also, i restored using 10, not itunes 10.1. but, i'm sure upgrading can't hurt if you need to.

• Anita
    Anita Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm having trouble with this same thing. I have a 3gs 3.1.3(7E18) and have downloaded snowbreeze but haven't figured out how to install it yet. I'm afraid I'm a bit over my head here.

It says to please browse for an IPSW file, but then when I click browse, it says there isn't one. Eeep.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

• Julian
    Julian Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

i have a problem none of you guys talk about here.i managed to do the entire installation with no issues.however,when i open cydia everything is slow and buggy and i cant seem to update certain stuff...

• domage
    domage Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Try to find a person with Mac and use a PownageTool. I solved this problem this way yesterday.

• Chaz
    Chaz Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I have a iPhone 4 that's on 4.1 (02.10.04). Just bought the phone the other day and would like to know if I should jailbreak right now or wait until they release something for me to jailbreak and unlock my phone??

• Chaz
    Chaz Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I just bought a iPhone 4 (02.10.04). Should I jailbreak it now and wait on the unlock, or should I wait until they release a new jailbreak that will allow me to unlock it to work with t-mobile????