Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 Released To Unlock iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G [Updated]

Comments

• bobby
    bobby Posts: 32
    via Wordpress
    Question.Can or has anyone tried to update with the Ipad version firmware through Itunes using the control or shift thingie and pointing it to the Ipad version IPSW and then upgrading through Itunes there to get baseband version to where it needs to be and then go back to redsnow and do it again to jailbreak and eventually unlock it with unltrasnow? I ask this because im on 4.2.1 now on my 3GS and trying to use redsnow right now with the pluging of the Ipad version IPSW and it doesnt do anything. Get stuck on the screen saying "Exploiting with Limerain" forever and then on my Iphone shows stuck on the "usb connect to Itunes screen".Anyone? Also another thing I notice. dev team talking about a "Ipad " option button must be clicked in REdSnow.No such thing.
  • borat
    borat Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    So when exactly are The dev team going to bring out a jailbreak with an unlock for 3G users with the baseband 05.13.04 or lower?
  • blackberry wholesale
    via Wordpress
    I have already jailbreak my iphone 3g 4.1 Limera1n IOS FW 5.14.02. To update 6.15.00 redsn0w using 0.9.5 Beta 5, I remove the jailbreak by limera1n before moving to 6.15.00 or should I continue with the update to the top of the iPhone already jailbroken?
  • Tammy
    Tammy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    I am experiencing issues with Redsn0w :( Can someone help please? I have an iPhone 3g, was on 4.1 w/bb 5.14...I updated to 4.2 after having this ussue and it continues...Redsn0w fetches iPad files then things happen, my iPhone says "Downloading Jailbreak Data" and Redsn0w says "uploading Ramdisk" then the I get a popup from Microsoft that says "a problem has caused redsn0w.exe to stop working" What can I do now?
  • h2o2h
    h2o2h Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    I'm sorry, I have to agree, this method is pretty eyebrow raising. I don't like anything that is "irreversible." I think I will wait for a different method. Thanks!
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Still waiting patiently for an i4 unlock. I just hope that the method to unlock it isn't as complicated and risky as this. Dev team please don't forget about us iPhone 4 users! :(
  • Joseph3gs
    Joseph3gs Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    whenever i use redsn0w, i am always stuck with the waiting for boot or something.. any guides please? my phone is 3gs, baseband 5.15.04 FM: 4.2.1.. please givr me some guides.
  • Hitman
    Hitman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Really? How does one go about this then?
  • JimiChoo3G
    JimiChoo3G Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I using Redsn0w and successfully finish pacthing everything but in the end after i click "finish" my 3G still in black screen(blank) any solution or suggestion?
  • chess
    chess Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    redsnow is not working on iphone 3gs new bootroom got stuck on waiting to reboot then i try a iphone 3g the process went thru perfectly but the phone can not connect to wifi both phones have 4.1 with baseband 5.14 stay away from redsnow u been worn freaking unlock is taking forever apple sucks thank goodness i didnt buy an iphone 4 everybody stop buying apple products to teach apple not to mess with the public htc here i come and sell your iphone on ebay lol
  • Mark Mc
    Mark Mc Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, Redsnow is hanging for me too. It fetches the ipad baseband but seems to be hanging on 'Uploading Ram disk'.I wonder have Apple removed the ipad IPSW or locked it down or something ?A bit flaky to be relying on Apple servers for our jailbreak. I did download the ipsw file locally but cannot point redsnow at it and just have to rely on it downloading it correctly form apple.
  • Mark Mc
    Mark Mc Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    quote from Dev-team "There may be a long delay while it’s doing this (their servers are currently getting pounded)."am sure they are enjoying the fact we are hacking the iphone through apples own back door :)
  • JimiChoo3G
    JimiChoo3G Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i have been wait my 3G for 5 mins after i finish upgrading the firmware... but it's still blank, is that normal?
  • hack
    hack Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    redsnow not working it frezzez on 3gs new bootroom and for my 3g went thru but alot of problems with phone no wifi and phone reset itself anyways going to restore to factory setting
  • hookdonbritney
    hookdonbritney Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ive been stuck on waiting for reboot for awhile now...anyone have this problem and can help me fix it??
  • hack
    via Wordpress
    dam cant restore phone thru itunes gonna have to figure out another way to restore
  • sdguy
    sdguy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Ok, I'm still hesitant on this. I have a 3GS (old bootrom) that I updated to iOS4.1 earlier this year after hearing the unlock for 4.1 would be out shortly. But then the jailbreak of 4.1 said you can't unlock because of the new BB. I have BB 05.14.02. I need my phone unlocked.Do I need to do this? Is there something that I can do if I have an old bootrom? Please let me know!!
  • adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress
    Thanks guys been waiting months for an official unlock from orange uk and you've beat them to it. Thx.
  • living4angel
    living4angel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    fetching ipad baseband file please be patient......stuck,,,,,,,10 minutes passed still hanging on "fetching ipad baseband file please be patient".......Wat to Do????
  • sulist10
    sulist10 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Succesfully unlock iphone 3gs (new bootrom), firmware 4.1, no wifi using cyder2 with download ultrasn0w_1.2_iphoneos-arm.deb and put it in directory /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall. Then restart the iphone. Thanks Dev Team !!!!
  • Nibiru07
    Nibiru07 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Ur going to need to install custom 4.1 IPSW that has BB 6.15 already on it. Not sure about old bootrom? Might want to do some research before trying. Sinfuliphone (General News)has custom firmware already made to be used with iTunes. Windows XPNew bootromJailbroken and Unlocked now on 4.1/BB 6.15
  • bhas
    bhas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi I have updated my ios firmware 4.1 with baseband 6.15 and was able to unlock the iphone 3g. I have missed to upgrade it to IOS 4.2.1. Can i upgrade the IOS to 4.2.1 at the same baseband 6.15?Please suggest.Regards
  • bobbuble
    bobbuble Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I used it to unlock my 3G with OS 4.1.It happen like previously which keep searching for network...How's come yours no such problem ?
  • bobbuble
    via Wordpress
    may i know where to download the 3G OS 4.1 with BB 6.15?
  • Tammy
    Tammy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Got it!!! Wanted to share, hopefully this helps someone else....I had tried running everything in xp/vista compatibility, then tried in Windows 98....98 worked!! Yippeee!
  • bobbuble
    via Wordpress
    how to upgrade the baseband to 6.15 for using OS 4.1?
  • Nibiru07
    Nibiru07 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Looks like sinful iPhone (general news) only has 3G 4.2.1 hacktivated custom firmware. Can either browse the web to find one already made on 4.1 or cook it urself with pwange tool or redsnow
  • Iphone 3G - Help Me Pls!!
    via Wordpress
    Someone Help me please!!!!--i did the latest unlock on blog.iphone-dev.org using Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 with ipad bb 6.15it was worked and the BB remain like before 05.15 so i did it again the steps with Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 and my iphone 3G was no restart in IOS, but in restore mode.I've tried again to restore, but have no worked.First i have the error 14 and 2'nd time i get error code 1604I suposed that the baseband have changed at 6.15 after i used 2'nd time Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5.So.., i have an iphone 3G with no IOS but with baseband 6.15.. !!!!! if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it!!!!!Thank you in advance!!!!
  • Iphone 3G - Help Me Pls!!
    via Wordpress
    Someone Help me please!!!!--i did the latest unlock on blog.iphone-dev.org using Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 with ipad bb 6.15it was NOT worked and the BB remain like before 05.15 so i did it again the steps with Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 and my iphone 3G was no restart in IOS, but in restore mode.I've tried again to restore, but have no worked.First i have the error 14 and 2'nd time i get error code 1604I suposed that the baseband have changed at 6.15 after i used 2'nd time Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5.So.., i have an iphone 3G with no IOS but with baseband 6.15.. !!!!! if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it!!!!!Thank you in advance!!!!
  • hack
    via Wordpress
    CONFIRMED iphone 3g unlock and jailbroken on 4.2 bb 6.15 hell yeah iphone development team did it you guys rock since this work going to try the iphone 3gs new bootroom now but for some reason redsnow did not work on 4.1 so i try 4.2 and yes it work cydia is working its looks a little different i will post in the next few min for results for newbootroom 3gs on 4.1 wish me luck