Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 Released To Unlock iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G [Updated]

Comments

• Jasonjason
    Jasonjason Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    ok so if i have no jailbreak and use redsn0w to do it all, jb and unlock, will it be tethered? should i jailbreak with limera1n first then use redsn0w? please reply asap i am ready to do this! i just want untethered =P
  • This guy
    This guy Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    i cant awake my iphone 3g from recovery mode it stay in the connect to itunes screen all the time after i used red snow to jailbreak it to 421 help
  • Jcm800
    Jcm800 Posts: 175
    via Wordpress
    Ok, off topic, but iPhone Hacks you should do a shout out about this..All you ppl wishing to change font, but are hanging out for Font Swap - forget it.Check out Bytafont on Cydia; it's awesome and better than Font Swap ever was!
  • Rishi
    Rishi Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Thanks to Dev Team and all those who made this tool you guys are legend keep it up. It worked like charm.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    That's because this is a tethered jailbreak.
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    start the jailbrak process and this time select the install cydia and the 4th option I believe,the one that says something about tether....follow the steps and restart.You will have to door that everytime you restart or the battery dies,otherwise neither cycia nor the browser will work.
  • MK
    MK Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    u dont have to select ipad ipsw u have to select iphone 3gs ipsw and then later u have to check park for ipad ipsw baseband go on u tube u will find videogood luck
  • dannyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dannyyyyyyyyyyyy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    i had unlocked a 3gs with bb 6.15, but i noticed the battery was dying quick and tried to restore it. apple wont let me restore it to any firmware anymore. is it cause the BB was flashed??
  • dannyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dannyyyyyyyyyyyy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    nevermind. i just saw a youtube video saying u cant restore to a legit firmware anymore
  • Jasonjason
    via Wordpress
    So is this redsn0w version going to be regress for 3GS on 5.14.02 and 4.1??? I will be updating to 2.16.00 and keeping it 4.1. Limera1n untethered right?
  • Tacoma
    Tacoma Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    You will lose GPS signal after updated to 06.15.00I hope they'll find a fix later on.
  • Jasonjason
    via Wordpress
    Woops I meant 6.15.00
  • Norman
    Norman Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Successfully upgraded my 3G to IOS4.1 baseband 6.15 and unlocked. Everything works fine accept for GPS function. It simply unable to lock to my current location when usng any map and navigation application.Any ideas?
  • Karon_Sport
    Karon_Sport Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    If ur already "jailbroken" DO NOT select "cydia" worked for me i was on iphone 3g 4.1 5.14.02 baseband now i have 6.15 Twitter @karon_sport
  • mikedee5ky
    mikedee5ky Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    man itunes is full of **** my phone is stuck in recovery mode please help me guys......i kno u can do it your the best please let me kno something...thx
  • For iPhone 3GS Geniuses
    via Wordpress
    Quick simple question guys, this is like way back ABC’s for most of u i believe. How would u know/confirm if ur iPhone 3GS is in a NEW or OLD BOOTROOM???Need to confirm before convincing myself to proceed w/ 4.2.1. An untethered JB comes very handy, easy, & necessary for most of us i believe. Just wish that Comex would finaly soon release the complete 4.2.1 jailbreak!!! i cant upgrade to 4.1 anymore, now this 4.2.1 composes a lot of posing risks to many.
  • helpme
    helpme Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Guyz, i have intalled 4.1 with ipad baseband BUT Maps of iphone are showing wrong location to me,, even the Phone Trackers Fun apps are also showing wrong loction. Both Maps and other apps showing me same loction which is 10km away fom my original location...Wat is da Prblm....Did anybody have same issue, 3 days ago i m using 4.0.1 with 5.14.02 and Maps and other apps are working Perfeclty.......WTF,,,,What Should I do....please advice me Guyz..Thnx,,,Please give your 1 minute to me...
  • living4angel
    living4angel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Guyz, i have intalled 4.1 with ipad baseband BUT Maps of iphone is not showing exact loction, It pin 10km away from my orgnl place. Both Maps and other apps showing me wrong loction...Wat is da Prblm....Did anybody have same issue, 3 days ago i m using (only Jailbroken not unlocked) 4.0.1 with 5.14.02 and Maps and other apps are working Perfeclty.......WTF,,,,What Should I do....please advice me Guyz..Thnx,,,Please give your 1 minute to me...
  • bobbuble
    bobbuble Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    So sad ...During jailreak my phone hang with error 1611...any1 got the solution ?
  • Julian
    Julian Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    i do not recommend you doing this..i suggest you wait for something new..this is too risky.there is no going back and dev team has got to come to a solution to sort out the baseband issue in the future...if i was you..id just wait for limesnow or something..which would be a much more simpler way for us 15.14.02 guys
  • mrplumber333
    mrplumber333 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hi there guys i got a big problem with my iphone 3gs. i jailbreaked it last night with that redsn0w_0.9.6beta5 and after that i had a problem with cydia i couldn open it an i was withe colour. then i download redsn0w_0.9.6beta4 which fix cydia, then i run cydia install ultrasn0w so i could unlock it i did install it and then i reboot the divice. after that my iphone 3gs never whent on again and i cant even restor it it shows my error 1015 when i try to restor it. so please please if anyone could help me with this please.......
  • Jasonjason
    via Wordpress
    ok so i get into redsnow and i select my 4.1 ipsw and go to the next page with the boxes. only 4 come up and there is no install ipad baseband box. 3gs 4.1 5.14.02 please help!!
  • Michael S. Kreindler
    via Wordpress
    Early this morning, I jail-broke and unlocked my iPhone 32GB, 3GS using Redsn0w to update to 4.2.1 with a Modem Firmware of 16.15.00. I used Ultasn0w 1.2 to unlock. Everything seemed to be working fine except the icons for many of my installed apps were no longer visible on the springboard. I could however access them through the search mode. They were all there but not visible. I tried syncing with iTunes and reinstalling the apps from the App Store to no avail. Approximately 6 hours later all my app icons spontaneously reappeared on my springboard. I have no idea what made them disappear initially, and I have no idea what made them reappear so suddenly after such a long time. I thought that they would be lost forever. If anyone has an idea as to why this happened I would certainly be interested in knowing. I am happy to say that everything is working great at the present time, and the update was successful.
  • JoeJoe
    JoeJoe Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I have 3gs 32gb with new bootrom. I followed instructions to the letter. I used OS 4.1 with ipad baseband. Now Iphone is in reboot mode with apple logo and white circle stuck. Then I retried with OS 4.2.1, still the same. I tried to put into dfu mode and restore with custom firmware(4.1 & 4.2.1) with cooked ipad baseband from a mac. It doesn't restore (Itunes 10.1 on pc). Any help would be appreciated.
  • HI5
    HI5 Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    hi i have a problem from last 2 to 3 days i am trying to jail break my 3g with redsnow everything is fine till it says wiating for reboot but it never happens i am using windows xp my iphone is 3g can some one help me
  • ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    DEV TEAM, thanx, thanx, thanx.... :-)
  • pavan
    pavan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i had upgraded to ios 4.2.1 with baseband 6.15 and then downgraded to 4.0..now when i am trying to upgrade to 4.2.1 it wont happen.can anybody help me out with this please coz none of the ios or jailbreak or anything is working
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    I am trying to understand but there are so many different ways to jailbreak your phone. If anyone could give me an advice wich one i should use i would be very happy.I have;Iphone 3GSVersion 4.1 (8B117)Baseband 05.14.02model MC131KSnew bootromnever jailbreaked beforeand i dont have apple computer only windowsIs Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 the one i should use or should i first update os on phone?
  • bobbuble
    bobbuble Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    i got error 1015 which already solve ...but after that i got error 1611 which can't solve till now ...any solution ?
  • sergey
    sergey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Всем кому нужна помощь в проблеме с ошибкой 1015, или прошивкой на 4.2.1, я справился с этой ошибкой и восстановил сегодня и 3g и 3gs, проблем не замечено и wi-fi ловит и акб не сажает.... восстановлю всем, однако за денежку.. тел. 8-499-991-02-01