Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 Released To Unlock iPhone 3GS & iPhone 3G [Updated]

Comments

• bobbuble
    bobbuble Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    i did install ultrasnow but same thing happen to it as well.I did jailbreak it but the baseband still with 5.14 instead 6.15. Any idea to upgrade it to 6.15 with OS 4.1?
  • bobbuble
    bobbuble Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    I did used redsnow to jailbreak it but my baseband is not upgrade at all.Wonder how to solve it ?
  • war3z ch3wy
    war3z ch3wy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i have a 3gs new bootrom, purchased the damn thing with 4.1 and needed to unlockI used redsn0w to update the baseband to 06.15 and then put the phone into DFU mode again and reflashed iOS4.1 with iREB, that was created with sn0wbreeze 2.1so 3GS (new bootrom) UNLOCKED iOS4.1 with baseband 06.15 this way i can be unlocked and not have a tethered jailbreakWorked for me if anyone out there wants to unlock there 3GS and NOT be tethered.Hopefully it will work for you to.
  • Busybee
    Busybee Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    After D/L my two FW's (4.2.1 + 3.2.2) from felixbruns site, i pointed R/S @ 4.2.1 and when prompted only needed to check the box for ipad BB.- any pre checked boxs leave in placeleft all else alone(unless you wish to create custom logos) i would keep it simple.then let it do its magic!!
  • waka
    waka Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i flashed bb o6.15 but there is one problem cydia isn't workingggggg
  • waka
    waka Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    cydia isn't working i did everything i am supposed to doiphone 3gs ios 4.2.106.15
  • MAURO
    MAURO Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    hi, i have problem, i install the firmware 4.2.1 and the ipad baseband 6.15, but just after my 3gs just freeze and now is alyways in recovery mode. I tried to recover to 4.21 but itunes in the end give me" its not possible to restaure iphone error 1015" i tried to use tinyumbrella to exit recover mode but the iphone comes back to recover mode. Help me
  • SnowLover
    SnowLover Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yes, redsnow was released a while back. Slow poke! Glad you're not first.
  • Busybee
    Busybee Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    itunes 10.1 never lets me restore. always had to retro fit itunes 9.2.( apart from BB 6.15 Devs)war3z ch3wy,s method could be worth a punt
  • war3z ch3wy
    war3z ch3wy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    respond to MAURORun iREB and restore with custom firmware made with snowbreeze!!!!Thats the problem with Beta releases.Just stick with 4.1 for now
  • Dariio90
    Dariio90 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hey so everything is working great i have a 3g BUT pandora is not workn and if im on the internet for a bit the phone crashes and runs in safe mode! ne suggestions!>! thanx
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Thanks so much for this piece of advice,I was having the same issue,now that ios 4.1 is back seems like I can't make phone calls,I am sure it has something to do with the ipad BB.Do you know why this is happening or what I should do?Thanks a lot.
  • Daniel
    via Wordpress
    Nevermind I think I got it.I went to cydia and installed ultrasnow and it did the trick.Thanks again.
  • DpHlen
    DpHlen Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    You should stay on 4.1 and don't upgrade 4.2 before you want to unlock with Redsnow 0.9.6 beta5 and Utrasn0w 1.2
  • DpHlen
    via Wordpress
    Hi Iphone 3G : Pls read below and do step by step . I already unlocked my 3GS 15 mins ago: Works perfectly with 3GS , new bootrom , 4.1 , baseband 5.14.02 jailbreaked with limera1n waiting for unlock ,Guys,if you want untethered jailbreak , unlock is your main priority ,Stay with ios 4.1 and follow the below steps as i did1. Download redsn0w_win_0.9.6b52. Download iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw3.Open reds0w , it will ask for iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw , browse it .4 .Next window will ask for few options , i selected , install cydia, install ipad baseband .5 . Next, Redsn0w will search for ipad baseband from net , you dont have to download it , make sure that your internet is on , will take some time ....6 . Now redsn0w will ask you to put your iphone in DFU mode , be ready holding the phone in your hand before clicking next , dont worry , if its not in DFU, menu will come again saying that you are in not in DFU mode .7. Once in DFU redsnow will complete the patching and rest , flashing baseband will happen in your phone,flashing baseband will take some time... wait patiently ..8. Once done . the phone will reboot and you can see the details in settings>general>aboutVersion : 4.1Modem firmware 06:15:009.Proceed to cydia and Select manage>sources and you can see updated ultrasn0w now , install it .you are done !!!! ,First when i did cydia displayed mobile substrate and cydia needs upgrade, i confirmed but ultrasnow failed to install , did again and it went fine ....10 :Shutdown phone , install SIM , voila .... Vodafone IN ..
  • cash for cell phones
    via Wordpress
    I totally agree with some above comments that its really confusing and if you are upgrading your BB to 06.15, there’s no going back.
  • DpHlen
    via Wordpress
    Works perfectly with 3GS , new bootrom , 4.1 , baseband 5.14.02 jailbreaked with limera1n waiting for unlock ,Guys,if you want untethered jailbreak , unlock is your main priority ,Stay with ios 4.1 and follow the below steps as i did1. Download redsn0w_win_0.9.6b52. Download iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw3.Open reds0w , it will ask for iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw , browse it .4 .Next window will ask for few options , i selected , install cydia, install ipad baseband .5 . Next, Redsn0w will search for ipad baseband from net , you dont have to download it , make sure that your internet is on , will take some time ....6 . Now redsn0w will ask you to put your iphone in DFU mode , be ready holding the phone in your hand before clicking next , dont worry , if its not in DFU, menu will come again saying that you are in not in DFU mode .7. Once in DFU redsnow will complete the patching and rest , flashing baseband will happen in your phone,flashing baseband will take some time... wait patiently ..8. Once done . the phone will reboot and you can see the details in settings>general>aboutVersion : 4.1Modem firmware 06:15:009.Proceed to cydia and Select manage>sources and you can see updated ultrasn0w now , install it .you are done !!!! ,First when i did cydia displayed mobile substrate and cydia needs upgrade, i confirmed but ultrasnow failed to install , did again and it went fine ....10 :Shutdown phone , install SIM , voila .... Vodafone IN ..
  • hittsy
    hittsy Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    i had successfully unlock my iphone 3gs 4.1 using redsnow upgrading baseband 06.15 & using ultrasn0w & it is UNTETHERED. thank you dev team.
  • 09joseph13
    09joseph13 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    –i did the latest unlock on blog.iphone-dev.org using Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 with ipad bb 6.15 for my iphone3g but after its restart it stock in recovery mode.. plsss help me thanksss
  • 09joseph13
    09joseph13 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i did the latest unlock on blog.iphone-dev.org using Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 with ipad bb 6.15 for my iphone3g 4.2 but after its restart it stock in recovery mode.. plsss help me thanksss
  • hacktivate8
    hacktivate8 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    guys, please help.i have 3G now with ios 4.2.1 on 6.15. i cannot finish the process because i lost my wifi which works perfectly prior to JB and unlocking? What can i do now?
  • Daniel
    via Wordpress
    After having everything up and running with a snowbreeze custom firmware,all the apps,music etc...etc...there's no way to make the notifications work.I keeps asking me to connect to itunes.I hate the freaking iphone,first one and last one.
  • Daniel
    via Wordpress
    What about notifications?Do they work?Thanks.
  • sam7
    sam7 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    it s works like magic big thanks to the dv team big job great job and big repect .just waiting for this moment over 2 months just be patient i ll work for you
  • marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress
    how to restore after you installed ipad baseband???
  • Yalin
    Yalin Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    dude task manager-set affinity and uncheck the cpu 0 it willl work dont worry.
  • apple hater
    apple hater Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    HELP....HELP.....PLEASE HELP1. I have iphone 3Gs FW4.1 BB 05.14.02, then I used limrain to jailbreak the phone. I installed games and Magellan navigation, everything works fine, until UNLOCK software came out2. I used REDSNOW 0.9.6b5 to unlock my phone, here what I did. From the redsnow pop up screen I choose fw 4.1, then I check in the box INSTALL CYDIA and INSTALL iPAD BASEBAND ... then I got my iPhone jailbroken and ulocked3. everything works fine, but MAGELLAN NAVIGATION stop working, it keep searching for navigaton signal4. what did I do wrong ? what should I do now ? please help ............. S.O.S
  • Mark Mc
    Mark Mc Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Important, for those who are seeing redsn0w crash / hang running win vista and win 7Before launching redsn0w, right click, select properties, click compatibility, and run program in windows XP mode. Click apply, then again, right click redsn0w and 'run as administrator'.
  • anonimen
    anonimen Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I did the same steps (1,2 and 3). However on step 4 when I ran Redsn0w 0.9.6b5 there is no option for " Load iPad baseband ". Do you know what am i doing wrong and how to fix it? Please advise. Thanks a lot
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    So i ran redsnow did everything perfect with 3GS 4.2 and when everything seemed to be going fine then i slide over and cydia is white and wont open. ??? SO what do i do now? Do i try and re do it or what...help!!