Step-By-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPad 2 Using Absinthe For Windows [iOS 5.0.1 / iOS 5]

Comments

• Mick
    Mick Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Tried restoring as new ipad 2 and still get absinthe now setting things up, stand by screen. It only loads initially then stops? Any other answers?Ipad 32gb 3g with 5.0.1 gsm software.
  • johni
    johni Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    try a hard reset then when the apple logo appears hold down power and home button, when the screen goes black wait 2 seconds and let go of the power button but keep holding down the home button for 15 seconds, then all you got to do is connect it to itunes and restore.hope that helped
  • Manik
    Manik Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Worked Awsum for me...... Took only 5 minutes for iPad 2
  • D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    Jailbroke my ipad2 GSM in less than 10mins. I can't seem to add sources in Cydia though. Is this normal or the source am adding is just offline? I am adding SinfuliPhoneRepo (sinfuliphonerepo.com) and am encountering a Network timeout error.
  • Christian
    Christian Posts: 102
    via Wordpress
    i have aproblem that says that windows stops working with absthense... it is an error what shoul i do to fix it
  • D
    D Posts: 50
    via Wordpress
    Setup your iOS device as a new device.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Somehow my original message (8 hrs ago) got under "waiting moderation" condition. Reposting it.Finally managed to JB successfully.Sent it to recovery mode, installed clean 5.0.1, no wi-fi settings. Opened Absinthe, rebooted, opened Cydia, it asked for connection – only then added home wi-fi network, added source and installed Appsynch and ****. After a reboot (~1min) connected with iTunes, restored from local copy, and everything works great now. I hope my jailbroken iPad runs smooth and glitchless.Thank you very much! Donation soon.
  • mikee
    mikee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi Team,I am stuck on "preparaing jaibreak data" for 30 mins now.. any suggestions?Please and tHank you
  • Michelo
    Michelo Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Hi guys,Please let me know about the steps as I'm at on my first Jailbreak here. I have an iPad 2 64GB Wifi only. Many apps installed, 15GB of music and 4 GB of pictures, some videos. I made a backup in Itunes.1- I find the guide very clear, it's just about the comments that I'm afraid a little bit. Many people say to restore before starting, then jailbreak and then restore from backup. When you say at first: Restore, do you mean the "Restore" button in iTunes? When you click on your device at left, then you see the resume of your iPad info at right with different sections as: iPad, Version, etc. So, under "Version" you have "Look for updates" and then "Restore". Is that the "Restore" you are talking about? 2- Also, by doing that "Restore" will I go back to ios 4.x (was like that when I bought my iPad) meaning I will have to update to 5.0.1 after, before jailbreaking?3- By doing the "Restore", will I lose all my music, pictures, apps, etc? Will they be back after jailbreaking and restoring my iPad from backup at the end? I'm asking because they are talking about the fact that the restore from backup only brings back the calendar, contacts, mail, notes, etc. Does it mean that it's not really the restore from backup that brings back all my stuff (music, apps, pictures) but when I will sync? I don't know if you can understand what I'm asking here (English is not my mother language).Thanks for your time.
  • ivc
    ivc Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Done it...JB my brand new iPad2 in less than 10 mins...awesome work...many thanks for liberating us
  • ivc
    ivc Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    anyone facing battery charging issue after JB iPad...I couldnt charge my iPad2 after JB...after plugging in to direct power source...it kept saying not charging...
  • pavel
    pavel Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    none of the apps r starting after jailbreaking my ipad 2 :(
  • O p e t
    O p e t Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    my ipad 2 is officially jailbroken :Dthank u dream team
  • Emmanuel
    Emmanuel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I have the same problem!!
  • O p e t
    O p e t Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    my ipad 2 is officially jailbroken :Dwell, not officially loool
  • NIKITOS
    NIKITOS Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Thanks. Guys, you're really cool. Did it all in 15 minutes!!! Thank you agan!
  • GINO CAMPOS
    GINO CAMPOS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    WINDOWS GREENPOIS0N ITS NOT WORKING AT ALL
  • tedeall
    tedeall Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thanks Earl. First place I could find that solved the problem of stopping at beginning jailbreak. It took less than 10 minutes once restored as new iPad - just restoring from back up now. Thanks!
  • michele
    michele Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I would really appreciate an answer.
  • Michelo
    Michelo Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Hi guys,Please let me know about the steps as I’m at on my first Jailbreak here. I have an iPad 2 64GB Wifi only. Many apps installed, 15GB of music and 4 GB of pictures, some videos. I made a backup in Itunes.1- I find the guide very clear, it’s just about the comments that I’m afraid a little bit. Many people say to restore before starting, then jailbreak and then restore from backup. When you say at first: Restore, do you mean the “Restore” button in iTunes? When you click on your device at left, then you see the resume of your iPad info at right with different sections as: iPad, Version, etc. So, under “Version” you have “Look for updates” and then “Restore”. Is that the “Restore” you are talking about?2- Also, by doing that “Restore” will I go back to ios 4.x (was like that when I bought my iPad) meaning I will have to update to 5.0.1 after, before jailbreaking?3- By doing the “Restore”, will I lose all my music, pictures, apps, etc? Will they be back after jailbreaking and restoring my iPad from backup at the end? I’m asking because they are talking about the fact that the restore from backup only brings back the calendar, contacts, mail, notes, etc. Does it mean that it’s not really the restore from backup that brings back all my stuff (music, apps, pictures) but when I will sync? I don’t know if you can understand what I’m asking here (English is not my mother language).Thanks for your time.
  • Iatros
    Iatros Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I restored iPad and set up as new iPad. Then ran the cinject_0.4.3 Command line package instead of the Absinthe for windows. Worked like a charm, jailbroken in about 10 minutes and working great. Don't know if CLI works better than Absinthe or if it was the new iPad 5.0.1 situation that did it, but did same with my 4S and same result: Absinthe wouldn't work, CLI did. But again, set up as new on both, so that may have been the key.
  • echick
    echick Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I am looking forward to this jailbreak, but when i try to log in as an adminestartor, i says i have to have a password. also, if i do it without adminestrator, it says that i am unarthorized. what do i do? thanks for your help!
  • frederik
    frederik Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    My ipad is 3 hours to charge 10% plzz help!!
  • dman
    dman Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
  • jayapandiyan
    jayapandiyan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Really my heartfelt thanks to the team. It works well and took just 10 min only. Thanks for the share. keep continuing.
  • Zaqwan
    Zaqwan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    took less than 5 mins from step 1 till jailbreaked!!! thankyou!!! :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Both yesterday posts 'been erased.After hard reset i installed clean 5.0.1, jailbroke it, and restored from local backup. Everything runs smooth for now, hope it goes on the same way.Thank you very much, dream team! Hope to donate soon (transaction via PayPal in Russia are a pain in the a-s-s).
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    All the This and that and reset didn't work for me....This is what I did...1. Backup Ipad 22. Restore using Shift + Restore (windows) / Option + Restore (Mac) make sure you have you IOS 5.0.1 firmware Download... google it....3. Setup as a new ipad...4. Run Absinthe5. Importantly after its dont DONT click the Absinthe icon... this will make it not work just go straight and flip the VPN switch and your IPAD will reboot...6. After Reboot you should see the Cydia icon.... If not DO IT AGAIN....
  • schizo440
    schizo440 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Lol....jailbroken and ready for action........ thank you all for such hard work
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys, so ive been stuck for 2 days, and same step all the time, ipad 2 just updated, i'm stuck on the first step and it never moves, say begining jailbreak, please wait, and i waited and waited still nothing. I just noticed that my itunes is not the latest ones, i might try that but i dont see why that should affect it. Please advice