Step-By-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPad 2 Using Absinthe For Windows [iOS 5.0.1 / iOS 5]

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    First, you sync your ipad with itunes, i.e. make a local backup.Second, you download (which is more reliable) your 5.0.1 firmware for the specific (wi-fi: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-3310.20111109.Cfp76/iPad2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw) ipad from the apple site.Third, you kick your ipad into the recovery mode (look for 'ipad recovery mode' on youtube).Fourth, in itunes when prompted you Shift+click on "Restore" and select the downloaded ios 5.0.1. It installes a _clean_ ios on your ipad, as if it came from the store.Fifth, run Absinthe jb procedure (will take 5-10 min).Sixth, connect with iTunes again, on the summary of the device select 'restore from local copy'.This is the most preferred way to jb - it won't hang since the iOS is clean and fresh.
  • JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    did you read my steps?
  • Marcio
    Marcio Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    untethered jailbreak done...everything is working but music player & video player doesnt work...!!!Plz reply if u have any solution to it..
  • Marcio
    via Wordpress
    When I try play a video, I got a message error " the requested URL was not found on this server"I'm not subscribed iTunes Match.Plz help!
  • Triboy
    Triboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi , I'm guessing this works on wifi+ 3G iPad 2 ?
  • Sirsh
    Sirsh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i run as administrator error 'Sorry, the attached device is not supported'.Please help
  • mikey123
    mikey123 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hi, I have an Ipad 2, Just tried this, the program came up with "Sorry your device isnt compatible" I was running Ios5 Just updating to Ios 5.0.1 now.Can anybody give me any suggestions? Many thanks.
  • mikey123
    mikey123 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I apologise. Just finished updating.Now it recognizes :)
  • Marcio
    via Wordpress
  • Marcio
    via Wordpress
    Everything it's fine now!Just sinc all stuff on iTunes!Thanks dream dev team!Donation on the way!
  • Fozz
    Fozz Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hello everyone, is it possible with the jailbreak to have a portable harddrive, that is powered by the ipad 2 connected and can you fix the power issue.Because now with my not jailbroken ipad 2 there isn’t enough power to run the portable.Thanks.
  • Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    How can I hacktivate iPhone 4s I'm stuck on the reactivation screen AT&T doesn't want to activate my iPhone because my bill is 2 days late and they it's past due now :(
  • Fozz
    Fozz Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hello everyone, is it possible with the jailbreak to have a portable harddrive, that is powered by the ipad 2 connected and can you fix the power issue.Because now with my not jailbroken ipad 2 there isn’t enough power to run the portable.Thanks
  • caracasmc
    caracasmc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Restored to factory iOS 5.0.1 and setup as new iPad before attempting the Jailbreak. Everything went perfectly, no errors, no problems. I was jailbroken in about 2 minutes. Great job guys!
  • Mick
    Mick Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Cheers for that mate, works perfectly
  • christ
    christ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hi all, First, I tried to jailbreak iPad 2 WITHOUT setting as new ipad, no error but didn't boot and no Absinthe icon...Then, tried WITH setting as new ipad(factory setting), no error too BUT still NO Absinthe iconI try to RESTORE as new ipad many times and the result ALWAYS ...no Absinthe icon in Home Screen.... I gave up ...Does anybody can help my problem...please....Any suggestion wold be greatly appreciated ...TIA
  • Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Worked!!!!!…… Took only 5 minutes for iPad 2
  • Michelo
    Michelo Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    This is the third time I'm trying to get some answers here but nobody even took some time to answer me. Please, could you do so?Here are my questions:Please let me know about the steps as I’m at on my first Jailbreak here. I have an iPad 2 64GB Wifi only. Many apps installed, 15GB of music and 4 GB of pictures, some videos. I made a backup in Itunes.1- I find the guide very clear, it’s just about the comments that I’m afraid a little bit. Many people say to restore before starting, then jailbreak and then restore from backup. When you say at first: Restore, do you mean the “Restore” button in iTunes? When you click on your device at left, then you see the resume of your iPad info at right with different sections as: iPad, Version, etc. So, under “Version” you have “Look for updates” and then “Restore”. Is that the “Restore” you are talking about?2- Also, by doing that “Restore” will I go back to ios 4.x (was like that when I bought my iPad) meaning I will have to update to 5.0.1 after, before jailbreaking?3- By doing the “Restore”, will I lose all my music, pictures, apps, etc? Will they be back after jailbreaking and restoring my iPad from backup at the end? I’m asking because they are talking about the fact that the restore from backup only brings back the calendar, contacts, mail, notes, etc. Does it mean that it’s not really the restore from backup that brings back all my stuff (music, apps, pictures) but when I will sync? I don’t know if you can understand what I’m asking here (English is not my mother language).Thanks for your time.
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
    I have a work ipad 2 and want to jailbreak for my use now and restore to factory when I give it back...is this possible with the new ios 501 jailbreak? Thanks
  • Sumo
    Sumo Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Just restart the whole process over and don't forget to turn off pass code lock. Same thing happened to me but you just have to re do the the steps over again.
  • joliverio
    joliverio Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I JB my iPad 2 without any issue! Thanks a lot! For me the steps were: 1. Make backup for 4.3.2, 2. Update iPad2 firmware to 5.0.1 from Apple, 3. Restore 5.0.1 using downloaded 5.0.1 IPSW file (press shift key and select IPSW file previously downloaded), 4. run ABSINTHE for windows under "admin privileges", it took less than 10 minutes for me the whole process, 5. Press the Absinthe icon in your iPad, it will install cydia, after auto boot will see the cydia icon.Thanks again for all involved
  • DanielE
    DanielE Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    The sinfuLiPhoneRepo is down....blimey
  • DanielE
    DanielE Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Awesome Dev-Team...is it possible to donate to a bank-account without using PayPal....it's a pain in the ass to use paypal in russia
  • aundrea
    aundrea Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    thank you so much dream team. Jailbroke mine in less than 15 minutes!!
  • ipad2user
    ipad2user Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i successfully jb my ipad 2 but i notice that my message icon was lost and it only shows a small plain box, what should i do?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    might sound stupid, but the Absinthe icon won't be on the home screen. Have you tried listing right?
  • Karimsha
    Karimsha Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    DONE Jailbreaking in 30 mins and its working like a charm. and **** and as well Charming.. I was missing CYDIA icon on my Homescreen ..
  • Rusty
    Rusty Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Is it possible not to set it up as new ipad? Thanks
  • Rusty
    Rusty Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    I am having same problem am using windows and stack me for hours... Do I need to fresh re-setup my ipad?
  • KanB
    KanB Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    better restore your ipad and read the step carefully, and do it once again, hope it will work for you