Step-By-Step Guide to Jailbreak iPad 2 Using Absinthe For Windows [iOS 5.0.1 / iOS 5]

12346»

Comments

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    I use newest version and go through smoothly until 'tap Absinthe' icon and wait for reboot, but after about 10mins, it doesnt reboot automatically. Any idea?
  • Adrian
    Adrian Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Hi,I’ve done everything that was told step by step and i also read all your comments. I d/l the version 0.3 and it went well till the ‘preparing jailbreak data…do not touch your device yet!’then after a minute or so it pops out another window saying ‘absinthe.exe has stopped working’Anyone facing the same problem? If there are, any way to solve this? In a rut. Been doing this for the whole afternoon.
  • Adrian
    Adrian Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    REEEAAALLLYYYY need some help now..been a week..anyone? Pleasseee
  • Zach
    Zach Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Been trying for 2 days to jailbreak my ipad 2.I followed the steps and every time I try Absinth, it shuts down in the beginning saying "Looks likes you attempted to apply this Jailbreak and it failed. We will try to fix it"I reset and restored my ipad and the Firmware on my ipad is 5.0.1, my itunes is 10.5.3.3, and when I try to restore the firmware with Shift+Restore I get a 3194 error on itunes so I can't...Please tell me what to do on this.
  • Zach
    via Wordpress
    Figured it out. (Had to do with a setting on tinyUmbrella. Now I just need to figure out how to restore from icloud.
  • Zach
    via Wordpress
    Ok. So I was successful in jail breaking the first time and then I went on my ipad and "General" - "reset" - "Reset all settings" so that when it rebooted i was able to choose the option to restore from icloud, which i did. But then cydia was gone.....I have now jailbroken it again and though I have Cydia, how do I get the rest of my old data and apps that i backed-up to icloud onto the ipad and keep cydia intact.
  • Anonymous iPad User
    via Wordpress
    If my iPad 2 is brand new and hasn't had anything done to it (no new apps or documents added, etc.) then do I still need to back up my iPad before jailbreaking? (Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm techno-challenged.)
  • Phantom
    Phantom Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i have already jailbreak my IPAD 2 but when try to connect vpn to finish jailbreak it’s appears VPN connection “a configuration error occurred” and when run absinthe msg error URL couldn't be found
  • 37dc.net
    37dc.net Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    OK I have just jailbroken my iPad 2 ,
  • vin_tonyo
    vin_tonyo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hi Chronic Dev Team!Thanks a lot for all of your hard work! This is my first time Jailbreaking my iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 but it works smoothly. Just follow step-by-step procedure and that's my iPad already Jailbreak. Keep it up!!!
  • Shaune
    Shaune Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Stuck on the click on absinthe step too. I've tried the suggestions but had no luck yet.
  • Blake
    Blake Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    I have been trying to JB after i restored my new ipad 32gb wi fi and when I get to the step where it says unlock your screen and click the absinthe icon.... i do not have the icon... any help please ?
  • hamid
    hamid Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    it was great i bought may ipad with 4.3.5 versain and was really sad about its jailbreak because it was 3g and wait really lot foo 5.0.1 jailbreak and finally got it.i suggest to restore your ipad before jailbearking because it makes it faster(under 10 min)it jailbreaked very easy and after restoreing old data it is not showing any errorat the end i thank every body who help in jailbreaking ipad 2 after so much waiting for this god damn jailbreak.thank a lotreally thank mans.
  • Kevly
    Kevly Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi! I did all the procedures and it worked out perfectly fine.But then I tried to add some apps from iTunes, just like I used to do with my previous jailbreak (for iOS 4.3.3) and it failed. I already tried to delete the app from iTunes and add it again and still not working.If u could help me out with it, it would be awesome. Congrats on the jailbreak, btw, it is easiest and most practical one I've ever seen.
  • Rich
    Rich Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
    Jb iPad 2 now won't play music. Toggled I match still doesn't work. What do I do.
  • saeed
    saeed Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Jailbreak iPad 2 pls
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I have followed the exact steps and my jailbreak went through successfully on my Ipad 2 A5 device however after the reboot the absinthe logo did not turn into Cydia so now i'm stuck with a jailbroken device with no Cydia, Can't restore through itunes as it's an A5 device and absinthe wont re-jailbreak as it says this is already done. Please I need urgent help as to how i can get cydia on my ipad 2?
  • deviboyz
    deviboyz Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    okay i got a problem here.i had ipad2 with version 4.3 but i cant jailbreak it need to update to 5.0.1 but since 5.1 came out how do i manually update to 5.0.1 wthout update to 5.?1
  • Alianao
    Alianao Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi....I ald jailbreak my I pad 2.....y still have app cannot download ? Exp :education de ?
  • iPhone 4S
    iPhone 4S Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Absinthe 2.0.1 runs for at least 5 to 10 minutes and I keep getting "Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" I don't know how to fix this..
  • leo
    leo Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    If i try to jb, it will not detect my ipad2.tryed all.my pc detects it and instals it.buth absinthe does nt find it.tryed differend laptops to. no result.somone solution?
  • romeo
    romeo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I instaled sucsefully but cant intsal any hacked app like raceing 2. I downloaded from apptrack
  • bellybutton
    bellybutton Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Try this:Go to Settings > General > Date and time. Turn off Automatic and start Cydia again.