How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1 Using Redsn0w

Comments

• angelelfeo
    angelelfeo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hice eso mismo en mi 3gs y todavia me sale cydia en blaco y no me deja navegar en safari tampoco :'-( vuelvo a instalarlo otra vez y hacer los mismos pasos y aun nada de nada, ya estoy al punto de la depre.
  • noris
    noris Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    10x. i have an iphone 3gs with ios 5.1 . WORKS BEST
  • kwreck
    kwreck Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hey i need help please community. i followed along with all the steps of redsnow, i get it to work and it loads to the "second stage" then it tells me to wait for a reboot, my ipod reboots in normal mode and nothing happens, please help im stack at this point -.-
  • farid
    farid Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    does this also work for iphone 4 on the 5.1 firmware??????
  • george
    george Posts: 88
    via Wordpress
    Download iREB and run it
  • Damon Fredrick
    Damon Fredrick Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    no winterboarder with this jailbreak??? looked all through cydia... nothing there.. no **** either?? no app cake?? wtf?? doesnt seem much like a jail break
  • fais
    fais Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hey guys any solution to your problem yet ? i am stuck at the same stage with library files error from red snow
  • Rahul
    Rahul Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    i have same Problem with modem firmware 04.12.01..
  • Rahul
    Rahul Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    waiting for New Ultrasnow version.. coz issue with Newtwork.. :(modem firmware is: 04.12.01
  • khah
    khah Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Download iTunesMobileDevice.dll from a site on google.Extract it into desktopRename it by right clicking it and left clicking rename Rename it MobileDevice.dllPlace the file after renaming it into the folder that need's it. (In my case I needed it in the Redsn0w folder in order to use it.)Let me know if this helped you!
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    You must have an old bootrom 3GS. The jailbreak is not tethered for this device. Google 3GS bootrom to find out how to check your bootrom if you so incline.
  • Jeff Fernandez
    Jeff Fernandez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Worked perfectly on my phone!!!!! thanks BIG BIG BIG HELP!!!
  • Leon
    Leon Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    I follow above you said but at step 7, I can't pass this step any more. Because at step 7, preparing jailbreaking running. When patching kenel at half, it stops and appers close this program dialog box. Why?
  • Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress
    So ive completed the jailbreak. but my interface continues to lagg when i scroll between my apps? anyone got a solution?
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    I think I jailbroke my phone but I'm not sure. I bought the phone last year in France with the carrier SFR. It's an iPhone 4.3 (8F190) with fireware 4.10.1. I downloaded redsnow, but I already had cydia on my phone because I previously got it from www.jailbreakme.com which downloaded cydia but didn't seem to unlock my phone. So I unchecked the box to have installed through redsnow. However, after it rebooted it disappeared. I repeated the jailbreaking process through redsnow and this time checked the box to install cydia and now it's back on my iPhone and it worked. However, I still can't make any phone calls when I put in my local sim card and the local network provider doesn't appear on the phone where it should. The call get's dropped when I put in any sim card that isn't SFR. Is the reason the jailbreak didn't work because I have a French application (8F190). Do you have any tips to help? Thanks!
  • Williams
    Williams Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    hey community please i need help have not being able to jailbreak my iphone4GS ave tried so many softwares like absenthie and redsn0w , these softwares keep telling me my device is not supported my firware version is 5.1 please what do i do to get cydia on my phone
  • Ajoy
    Ajoy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hi,Thanks for the info. I was able to jailbreak my Iphone 3gs which was accidentally upgraded to IOS 5.1. I was also able to fix the Cydia Icon. I jailed broke my iphone using a sim that it recognizes. However, when I insert other sims it says "no service". Please help.
  • Martin
    Martin Posts: 53
    via Wordpress
    Ey my phone is updated to v 5.1 so can I follow the instructions to jailbreak my iPhone 4? I have a great amount off apps on my phone which I bought on iTunes will I need to redownload it through the jailbreak store?
  • Carlos
    Carlos Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    hi im a newbie here.. i recently jailbroke my iphone 3gs 5.1 5.16.05. Now what i wanted to ask is how can i restore back to the way it was. to take the jailbreak off and restore to factory settings. i new at this and still trying to learn. im trying to sell my phone and dont want to sell a jailbroken iphone. if anyone would help me with this id appreciate it.
  • Rey
    Rey Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Rey - Did you ever get your issue worked out?
  • Autumn
    Autumn Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I followed the instructions and the redsn0w thing quit unexpectedly and erased everything in my phone. I'm so irritated. I retried but now it's going to take forever to even get my iphone back to its normal state UGH
  • #1jerry
    #1jerry Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Looking at EBay jailbroken phones are getting premium prices. Try selling as is, you might be surprised.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    i jailbroke my phone using this but it somehow deleted my app store, what do i do??
  • Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress
    it did not work ...it keeps saying unknown build...error
  • Paul T.
    Paul T. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I just got a new iPhone with ios5.1. Can I jailbreak it without a home computer? And is there a way to put the older software on my phone if I can't jailbreak it the way it is. One more thing, why isn't the iPhone 4 4g ready? HELP
  • tmartin
    tmartin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i tried doing this jailbreak, it all seems so familiar but my phone was stuck on the initial startup and i cant get passed the "activation" process, it keeps telling me (no matter what kind of sim card is in there) that it is temporarily unavailable.. is this a phone problem or apple problem!?
  • Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress
    Fed up with AT&T I went out and signed up with Verizon today and got myself the iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1. The problem: I have a PowerBook G4 1.67 ghz running OS 10.4.11. I guess Lion doesn't support Power PC Macs. Ergo, I'm stuck with iTunes 9, and can't sync my iphone with my computer! Somebody please tell me there's a good work around. I was thinking of Jailbreaking my iphone 4 but is this wise with an older version of iTunes? Please help me!Many thanks!
  • Natz
    Natz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Can I still jailbreak an iPhone 4 running version 5.1, with modem Fireware 4.12?
  • ahmed
    ahmed Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Does it work with iphone 4s??