How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1 Using Redsn0w

Comments

• chancecow
    chancecow Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    hi jailbroke my iphone 4 and everything worked for a while and i had downloaded 1 thing from clydia and then i download winterboard or whatever and it restarted my device once it did now i can't acess the cylida or winterboard icon help asap?
  • Nathan
    Nathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    What you need to do is put your ipod in dfu mode, open redsn0w, and click "Extras". Then click "Select IPSW". (On Windows 7) Select your ipod restore data from: C:/Users/(your username)/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iPod Software Updates. If you are running ios 5.1 it should be called Ipod4,1_5.1_*****_Restore.
  • Dixonsuhaimi
    Dixonsuhaimi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    why the redsnow 09.10b07 cannot detect my iphone in DFU mode?redsnow 09.10b06 cannot detect my iphone in DFU mode too, but redsnow 09.10b05c can detect my iphone in DFU mode. i've jailbroken my iphone several times. i know how to get my iphone into the DFU mode, please someone help me, REDSNOW can't detect my phone in DFU mode, my iphone has been stucked in the apple logo for 2 months
  • neelesh
    neelesh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i am scared if anything hapeens to my phone thats why i do not want to jailbreak it
  • Fr33zty14
    Fr33zty14 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey Everybody...HELP MEH PLZUmm just like to add, i did own a iphone 3gs running 4.1 (jailbroken) and it was just sex...I recently completely f-ked it up when creating a new tweak to inhance preformance by moving system variables to local memory, in order to run WINDOWS EXE files...Anyway just bought a new iphone 3gs (ios5) Baseband 9b176Found HEAPS of bugs with ios5 like bypassing lockscreen with the fantastic camera lockscreen app.But i wanna further help the jailbreaking community and i wanna jailbreak..I got a brand new iphone 3gs new bootromActivated with ios5.1 And i would like to know...Is it gonna work.. Cause 1, i really dont wanna buy a new phoneCause 2 iv seen the amount of people with harsh errors.. (But its only the people with errors who complain)Cheerz
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Hi. My problem is I'm receiving 2 error messages with redsnow. First one is redsnow failed to build IPSW, second one is memory failed, and redsnow refuses to go further. I'm trying to re-jailbreak my iPhone 3GS, with iOS 4.3.3 to 5.1. Can't get off sit base????
  • sagar
    sagar Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Hello,I have an iPhone 3GS with:Version: 5.1 (9B176)Modem Firmware: 05.16.05Bootrom: 359.3.2I want jailbreak it and then unlock it to use with a different carrier. Is that possible.Thanks for your help in advance.
  • posan
    posan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Great article, but sadly it's doesn't work for me..... i heard there is 5 Tips to Unlocking iPhone 5
  • Monish
    Monish Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Unlocked iphone 4 with ios5.0 using redsnow. Then unlocked using SAM. All was well till i downloaded some cydia apps. Then after a tethered reboot, phone restarted in safe mode and so i deleted all the cydia apps i had downloaded.However, the cydia icon disappeared and phone remains in safe mode despite rebooting via tethered redsnow.Can someone advise what to do?Tks
  • Monish
    Monish Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Jail broke with redsnow and unlocked using SAM.
  • Dianna
    Dianna Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i have the same problem i accidentally upgraded and now i dont know if i can unlock it using a tmobile sim
  • Abdul Aziz
    Abdul Aziz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys can someone please help me, i followed the steps as explained above ba it still says no service i dont know why, Am in The Gambia, West Africa hope it works when am here........And am having an iphone 4 wiv ios 5.1...Thnx
  • Anish
    Anish Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I accidentally installed ios 5.1 over ios 4 on my iphone 4. Now when I try to jailbreak using redsnow it is not able to unlock the phone. It gives me "No service" error. How do I actually unlock the iphone 4 with ios 5.1 on it. I could not retain the baseband either. So it changed to 4.12.01. Now I know how to do this upgrade by retaining the baseband but its too late for my case. Any suggestions?
  • tmp
    tmp Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroke a 3g last year with no problems, and tonight tried to jailbreak a 3gs. Everything went fine, but when I tap on the Cyndia icon, it spends a ton of time "loading" and then times out. This happens with any app I try to access. Any ideas?
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    You have to start the iphone 4 using the cydia application. You need to open cydia, use extras, and reboot. IT worked for me.
  • LaLa
    LaLa Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Yeah, I accedently updated to 5.1 is there any way I could possibly go back to 5.0.1?
  • sisla
    sisla Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 3GS on firmware 4.0.1, jailbroken, old bootrom, bought from Apple, so unlocked.I want to update to 5.1 so I can use iCloud etc but I can't manage this through iTunes. I keep getting an error 11.Any ideas out there please guys & ladies as I'm completely lost?
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    please help...... hi guy i unlocked my 3gs iphone to ios 5.1 but its not accepting my sim card.......... no service....... please help
  • jimmy booby
    jimmy booby Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    just go to redsnow zip and hit extras hit just boot
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
    guys,i got a situation herei jailbreak my iphone 3gs (ios 5.1) recently, then yesterday i turned off my iphone, when i turned on back, then suddenly all the application that i've download from **** cant be used, tap on the apps then it turn back to mainscreen, even Cydia and Safari also, any solution for this?
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
    you can restore back to factory default if anything happen..
  • Dipesh
    Dipesh Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i had jailbreak my iphone 3gs with ios 5.1, i dont know the baseband (where to find baseband of my iphone). after successfully jailbreak i had to reboot with redsnow, if i would not use redsnow for reeboot my iphone jb apps dont work, is there any solution for it
  • Megan
    Megan Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    When will redsnow come out with an update for the 5.1.1 ipod update? Because for some odd reason now that i updated thay version from itunes it will not even show cydia even after I tried doing it tethered. Is there something Im doing wrong? Thanks
  • Zac
    Zac Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    install ipad baseband 06.15.00and use ultra snow, and u phone is unlocked.
  • Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress
    I'm having a problem with my jailbreak for my itouch 4g. I can get it t to jailbreak properly with the 5.1 iOS with .9.10b8b redsn0w and got it to work for my uncles iphone 4 and my bro's ipad, but for some reason after jailbreaking my itouch i can't reboot it tethered. Clicking "Just reboot" on redsnow goes smoothly right until it needs to reboot. Instead of booting up with pineapple it boots with apple then precedes to go straight into recovery/restore mode. I know i'm putting it in DFU mode correctly, otherwise the reboot wouldn't even start on redsn0w. I've also tried the hard dfu mode and reg dfu mode, both give same results and i JUST did it for my uncle again and had no problem with his phone.
  • cr8tivegal
    cr8tivegal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroke my iPhone 3gs, (ios 5.01) used Ultrasn0w to unlock it but the Carrier name remains the same I am in Canada and the Carrier still shows "Rogers 11.0" is this correct or was the unlock not successful, does anyone know the answer I have invested way to many hours already trying to get this to go. Thank you in advance!
  • church
    church Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i attempted to jailbreak my iphone4s and upon the start up screen i was told to hold down the top button and the home key my phone flashed and now it wont cut on at all pls help me...
  • annoyed1234
    annoyed1234 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    I have followed all instructions exactly (been over 3 hours now trying to do this) and finally thought it worked after it said installing Jail breaking data and rebooting there is NO cydia at all! Not even a white one. WTF why cant i get this to work!
  • annoyed1234
    annoyed1234 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    i have an iphone 4 runnin on 5.0.1 update
  • Siraj
    Siraj Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    While running the app getting an error that 'Certain operation (like the A5 jailbreak) are disabled due to incomplete iTunes libraries please be sure that latest iTunes is installed. could not load mobiledevice.dll. I have the latest iTunes installed. Can anyone please solve the problem.