Step-by-Step Guide to Pwn first generation iPhone running firmware 2.0 using Windows

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
Step-by-Step Guide to Pwn first generation iPhone running firmware 2.0 using Windows

The iPhone Dev Team released their Pwnage Tool 2.0 to jailbreak and unlock the first generation (original) iPhone running iPhone firmware 2.0 yesterday, but only Mac users could use the tool as they are yet to release the WinPWN tool for Windows users. URherenow and Srini, one of the readers...

Read the full story here

Comments

• garryb
    garryb Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

so this is for the iphone 2g not the new 3g iphone

• Alladin
    Alladin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks for an easy step by step guide! Btw i have a question, can this guide be used on iPhone 3G also or only older devices? as its mentioned in the heading:

"Step-by-Step Guide to Pwn original iPhone running firmware 2.0 using Windows"? as orignal iPhone running firmware 2.0 is iPhone 3G?

• Zohaib
    Zohaib Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Hey there,

Just wondering, how can one backup their full iphone before hacking it to firmware 2.0. I want to do a full backup including address book contacts, photos, and notes and etc.

If you have the answer please post it as i want to be on the safe side before doing this :)

• question.com
    question.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

im doing it now. thanks in advance.

to back everything up, just sync with itunes. make sure you check off the sync options (outlook or windows contacts)

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey Folks,

This method works with the first generation (original) iPhone and not iPhone 3G. I have also updated the post to say first generation iPhone to avoid any further confusion.

cheers!

• Frederick231
    Frederick231 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi :) Thought you might be interested in this. I posted this on the iphong dev blog site but might be helpful for you here as well.

iPhone 2.0 Upgrade Steps for 2G iPhones ACCIDENTALLY Upgraded to 2.0 already.

Follow and check all steps and all will work.

=== Pre-upgrade Checks ===
    1. Restore your iPhone with the Original & Official Apple iphone 2.0 software.
    2. Phone will be "emergency" only status.

=== Device Support Folder ===
    1. Open Finder
    2. Goto "Mac HD"
    3. Goto "Library" and then to "Itunes"
    4. If "Device Support" EXISTS - open folder and delete everything in there.
    5. If "Device Support" folder doesn't exist - create a new folder called "Device Support"

=== Download Bootloaders ===
    1. You need both 3.9 and 4.6 (available via 100s of links on this page - particularly at the top)

=== Upgrade Steps ===
    1. Open up the pwned 2.0
    2. Goto EXPERT MODE - if you use simple mode you will get errors 6, 20, 1600, 1601 etc and it will NOT work
    3. Select the 2.0 firmware and also select relevant *.bins
    4. When get to main menu screen, go into Bootnetuer and select "Update Bootloader" and select "4.6"
    5. Go back to main menu and enter General Settings --> select Enable Baseband Update
    6. Then build the firmware and save it to your desktop
    7. Once the firmware is built, pwned will ask you to plug in your iphone via USB.
    8. It will then step you through the process of enter DFU mode
    9. Once this is complete it will ask you to boot up itunes (when you plugged you phone in it may have already loaded)
    10. Hold down ALT (on MAC) and select the firmware on your desktop
    11. iPhone will update - LEAVE IT for the entire process.
    12. It should install and all will work :)

=== If DFU Fails ===
    1. Plug iPhone into USB & then TURN OFF (connected obviously :P)
    2. Hold the power and home buttons at the same time for 10 secs
    3. Release power button and continue holding home button
    4. iTunes will recognize the phone in "Restore Mode"
    5. Hit "Option/ALT" key and click restore.
    6. Select the firmware on your desktop
    7. Await 2.0 love (feel free to drink a beer at this point)

Hope this is all clear enough for everyone :)

Frederick!

• Rl
    Rl Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Could someone please give a step by step how to do this with iphone 3g? I see the first step here is to WinPWN 1.0 To PWN Your 1.1.4 iPhone, but the 3g is already at 2.0 firmware. Help??? THanx

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey RL,

The Pwnage Tool 2.0 cannot unlock iPhone 3G, the iPhone Dev Team are currently working on it.

If you are looking to unlock iPhone 3G, you need to wait for the iPhone Dev Team to release their updated tool which works with iPhone 3G.

cheers!

• marvin -philippines
    via Wordpress

hey thanks.. it working in my phone 1.1.4, now im using pwnage 2.0 thanks a lot..

• Rl
    Rl Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

iphonehacks. I just want to have the "installer" on my 3g. Don't need to "unlock."

• Rohit
    Rohit Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I did everything in the instructions and i have appstore and cydia but arent't i supposed to have installer too? i dont have that though

• Luke
    Luke Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

does it work with itouch?

• styler1024
    styler1024 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

wow thanks!!! worked for me :-)

• Lamborghini
    Lamborghini Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Work perfectly! Thx for the help!

• urherenow
    urherenow Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

SRINI figured out??? F*** YOU!

#1) Check your stupid blog again. I POSTED THIS INFO BEFORE HIM

#2)HE didn't figure out shi*. I put the process into my own words and linked to the original source (sleepers.net) Srini COPpIED AND PASTED THE sleepers.net instructions.

• AJMi982
    AJMi982 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Flashing Baseband NOW.... should know if it worked in a couple minutes.

• Ellicit
    Ellicit Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

IT WORKED FOR ME!

Thanks!

• AJMi982
    AJMi982 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

WORKED.. NO INSTALLER >:(

• Fredboy
    Fredboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

The **** of the ipsw is down. Are there any mirrors?

• JrzyBoi
    JrzyBoi Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

So let me get this straight before I screw up my phone...do I need to upgrade to the 2.0 software first, or do I leave it at 1.1.4 and go through the "Pwn" process to let it unlock, upgrade software and jailbreak?

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress

just done it worked fine for me it installed cydia not installer.app so will have to get to grips with that as i have only used installer.app but apart from that all ok and thanks all who put work in to this

JrzyBoi
    un need to leave it on 1.1.4and do the "Pwn" hope that helps mate

• T. Payne
    T. Payne Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

leave it at 1.1.4 then PWN it

• binebine
    binebine Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It worked great! Thanks. I wish you had more details in the steps...but guessed a lit here and there and it worked.
    Thanks a great deal.

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

can you pwn with 1.1.3 instead of 1.1.4?

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

Uploading the 2.0 Custom firmware on rapidshare as we speak.

But i was wondering if any windows user has done it and if they would like to share that if it worked for them or not.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

How would i go about doing this if i'm already at 2.0 on my original iPhone. And i'm using Windows so i cant just use the new pwnage tool. Thanks!

• aerobic247
    aerobic247 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

this worked a treat i was about to install os x leopard in my eee pc just so i could Pwn my iphone till i found this.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

All I want to do is jailbreak/activate (No Unlock), how would i do this? Would I just not run boot nueter?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey URherenow,

Sorry about that I had missed out URherenow's comment while publishing the original post. I have updated the post accordingly.

Thanks a ton for the tip.

cheers!

• hounddog
    hounddog Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This worked great will keep informed as I use it more. Easy to do just follow directions