Step-by-Step Guide to Pwn first generation iPhone running firmware 2.0 using Windows

1235»

Comments

• Enes
    Enes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked for me. Thanks!!!!

• P
    P Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

Does it work even with the newest Itunes 7.6 or 7.7 ??

• First time Dave
    First time Dave Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Where are the instructions for Step-by-Step Guide to Pwn original iPhone running firmware 2.0 using a MAC.

All I can find is references to the windows article. I've downloaded some of the SW for the Mac, but can't find the Mac step by step instructions. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

• Gustavo (Brazil)
    Gustavo (Brazil) Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

YOU GUYS ARE GENIUS!!!!

Works just fine with 1.1.4 unlocked in Brazil (TIM operator).

Thanks a lot! I needed this new Exchange features to work in the office!

Regards all!

• Kadee
    Kadee Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Help help help
    I upgraded my iphone to 2.0. in the process of the upgrade
    I noticed that my contacts was backed up during the process.
    Some how I have wiped out my contacts in my phone. I tried to regain
    It from ituine I could not. I found out that I did not check sync contacts
    With outlook etc. Is there any way I can retrieve my contacts through hidden files in iTunes.
    I use windows vista. ITunes 7.7.

• mattymoede
    mattymoede Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

will installer ever come back to 1st generation 2.0?

• jkatz321
    jkatz321 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

IT WORKED PERFECT.... THANKS ....HAVE YOU HEARD ANY NEWS ON WHEN ANY NATIVE (INSTALLER) APPS WILL ARRIVE ON CYDIA OR ATLEAST HAVE AN IDEA ON WHEN THE INSTALLER WILL BE INTRODUCED TO US 2.0 USERS?

THANKS YOUR SITE HAS BEEN A GREAT HELP!

• as_i_thought
    as_i_thought Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

help, ive dun the shift+restore to upgrade my phone to 2.0 but my phone is no longer unlocked, i get a msg on itunes saying 'the simcard insterted in this iphone does not appear to be supported etc' then when i try to unlock it again like i did with 1.1.4 firmware, but then itunes says that my iphone has entered recovery mode and needs to be restored, any ideas what im doing wrong?

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

Can I use a 1st Gen iPhone that is unlocked on the Sprint Network? LMK

• camy
    camy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi i acidently upgraded to 2.0 from itunes and now my 1st gen iphone needs activatin jailbracking n unlocking im on windows and are having trouble all help apreciated thanks everyone

• camy
    camy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

hi i acidently upgraded to 2.0 from itunes and now my 1st gen iphone needs activatin jailbracking n unlocking im on windows and are having trouble all help apreciated thanks everyone

email me with the info if posible c4my@hotmail.co.uk

• Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress

It works! It works! I was waiting crossing my fingers... hope it works... hope it works... and it DID!!! This is the best thing that has happened to the iPhone.... since the iPhone!!

• Mini_Hack
    Mini_Hack Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks I Followed This Guide and every thing went just as it said it will. Thanks alot.

... Posts: 34
    via Wordpress

Didn't work for me. Fuckd my phone up! Lucky I don't know the guys that posted this bull ****.

• cutiecarcar
    cutiecarcar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Finally after 4 hours of teeth grining, i was so scared to death but now i can sleep smiling with an updated phone wahehehe weeeeeeeeeee

• Michelle
    Michelle Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I have just purchased the older version of iphone and it is running v 1.1.4. It is also jailbroken and unlocked. I spend most of my time overseas and need to be able to use different sim cards on the phone. I really want to upgrade the firmware to 2,0, but I'm afraid I won't be able to unlock and jailbreak it if I do. Has anyone had any success and confirmed that everything worked? Also, I have np idea how to start unlocking/jailbreaking the phone once it's updated. Is there a step by step website that I can go to?

Thanks.

• sever
    sever Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Maybe not exactly on topic but it may help someone:

Yesterday I tried to do an Erase all setting and content and my battery died in the meantime. So I got a phone that was not booting (only apple logo on black screen). It took me a while to figure out how to resolve this. In itunes it was detected as a phone in recovery mode but on restore gave me the 1600,1601,1602 errors. So the problem was that is wasn't in correct DFU mode.
    If you want to succeed do the folowing:

1. Disconect the phone from the computer
    2. Reset phone by pressing Home+Power until screen goes black
    3. Release both buttons
    4. Press the Home button and keeping it pressed connect the phone to the computer
    5. Keep pressing until you se on the screen the ipod logo and the connector cable logo
    6. Now release the Home button, windows will detect it as Apple in DFU mode and itunes too.
    7. Now do a Shift-Restore from itunes with the already pwned firmware (link on top of page)

Hope it helps,
    Thank you

PS. Thank you Dev Team for this info (it was in the winpwn help file, DFU Mode)

• rachel
    rachel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Hello, I am hoping someone could help me out, I have been looking all over, I had iphone with 1.1.4 and I downloaded the tool to get me 2.0, well I completed that whole thing then all the sudden it wouldn't reead my sim card anymore so I don't know if it actually gave me 2.0 b but when I restore using the 2.0 ipsw it restores, so now I need to figure out how I can get my phone unlock again, any assistance would greatly be appreciated!

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

I found out the right way to fix the issue where-in you don't get any signals on t-mobile (or any other GSM carrier) once you upgrade to firmware 2.0 and then downgrade back to 1.1.4...the detailed instructions are at : http://iphone-tmobile-nosignal.blogspot.com/

• YEra
    YEra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my iPhone to 2.0.2 by an accident and now can't change it back and I use windows, so I can't use those tutorials =(

• varun
    varun Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

im using windows...i ran bootneuter..put nueter to on and flashed..then i put the fone in recovery mode using ziphone..but wen i restored with the 2.0 firmware it says unkown error occured...help?

• Ravell
    Ravell Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is this process still valid or is there a new technique?

Thx R

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

What happens if you have 1.5 as your firmware?

• AS
    AS Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

AD

Hi, i bought my first gen iphone from a random store in a mall the guy said it was version 1.1.2. I went home. it broke, hardware issues, so he sent it to apple and i got it back. Now he says its still 1.1.2 but in settings general about it says its 1.1.4. Is there a way i can check for sure its 1.1.4 before attempting the winpwn?
    THanks

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

When you connect your iPhone to iTunes, you should be able to see the firmware version in iTunes as well (look for Software version).

But the fact that in Settings->General->About and in Version it says 1.1.4 then it is definitely 1.1.4.

But why do you want 1.1.2? The latest version is iPhone firmware 2.2 currently, 1.1.2 is quite outdated.

• astyuiop
    astyuiop Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
      are there any iphone os 3.0 jailbreaks available?if so please tell me at duncanmcintyre7@gmail.com
  • phone free tv
    phone free tv Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

After over two weeks of using the iPhone, I can fairly say I have become familiar with this mobile device to share some insights on how it fares as a primary mobile phone.

• phone free tv
    phone free tv Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

After over two weeks of using the iPhone 3G, I can fairly say I have become familiar with this mobile device to share some insights on how it fares as a primary mobile phone.

• jacksonville divorce attorney
    via Wordpress
    A lot of legal representatives in the us focus on divorce proceedings and also annulment. Money performs a huge role within the choice of the best a divorce lawyer atlanta lawyer. A direct email marketing, a reasonably priced divorce process attorney at law will be one who charges minimally amount to depict these of their breakup event.