Absinthe 2.0 - iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Released

Comments

• iBucky
    iBucky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Success. Kept getting the error. Erased and reset...but just kept on failing. I had updated to 5.1.1 via wifi. So I did a complete restore to 5.1.1. And it was a breeze. So if you are having problems. Backup. Do complete Restore. Thanks POD2G
  • Pito Perez
    Pito Perez Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    good job boysto my appreciation i just donated $5000 to both dev-team..once again thank you guys
  • FAELAID
    FAELAID Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    When you finish the jailbreak, you click on the absinthe icon in your springboard. That adds cydia to your springboard.
  • arsyad
    arsyad Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    after getting error,,,i tried tu fresh restore using itunes..and thankss,,,its really work....big thx to pod2g n teams!!good work...
  • jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    Not working for me either. I’m getting the same issue of the progress bar gets about 3/4 of the way through, hangs for a few minutes, then tells me “Something went wrong” and goes into a recovery. * Getting the same .. What to do !!!!
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Follow the steps mentioned in update 2, it should work.
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
    No it works on only iOS 5.1.1
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
    Follow the steps mentioned in update 2, it should work and don't forget to run Absinthe as an Administrator.
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
    Search for Cydia using Spotlight, it may not be on the first Home screen page.
  • Alkhemist
    Alkhemist Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Tried 5 times on an iPad 2 Wi-Fi 5.1.1. Same as everyone else, it hangs and then tells me to "retry." I'm not a techie, so I don't know what's meant by "turn off passcode lock" or "pins." What can I do?
  • Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress
    I don't believe your claim. If I got $500 I would spend them on another phone. Dude, be real!
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Worked here too after full restore including firmware. Thanks!!
  • vandervidi
    vandervidi Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    tried to install this like 20 times but got the sme dissapointing result. failure..i have iphone 4 gsm , not jailbroken , version 5.1.1 . i backed up my data, ran the tool, restored my data .. ran the tool as an admin.. did it all. after running this tool - absinthe - the process finishes successfully but my phone actually does not get jailbroken and cydia icon does not appear ..please help me.
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
    If you're having problems, follow the steps mentioned in update 2.
  • vandervidi
    via Wordpress
  • Cliff
    Cliff Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
  • Joao Reis
    Joao Reis Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    4s Working like a charm...smooth and easyThanks DevTeam
  • milooss
    milooss Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Milooss wrote at 2012-05-25 17:03:26SORRY IT WAS MY MISTAKE .. Can i JAILBRAKE 5.1 without updating it to 5.1.1 ???
  • vandervidi
    via Wordpress
    This workes!! thenk you very much!!
  • icezenheim
    icezenheim Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    working in iphone 4s, 4, ipod4, ipad3.....
  • User4S
    User4S Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I spent a half of day with that issue. Looks like "Erase All Content and Settings@ s not enough, I installed and reinstalled firmware and defined a phone as as a new one and just after that got it jb'ed. :)
  • martin
    martin Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    cydia does not load keep getting errors cached failed
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    pod2g and chronicdev team, the whole world appreciates and is appreciating the hard work !!MrMan and Samuel Android is waiting for u leave ...
  • Anaesthetix
    Anaesthetix Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    THE SOLUTION to the "Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking" problem:Ipad 3 WIFI on windows 7 64bitYOU MUST RESET Your iPAd to (effectively) a brand new iPad via this process.---------------------------------------------------Install 5.1.1. via iTunes on PC*unplug* the USB cable from the iPad.Close iTunesTURN OFF iPadPLUG IN iPad into PC USB *AND* HOLD "home" button on iPad = recovery mode (This is CRUCIAL STEP)OPEN iTunes (if it doesnt open itself)RESTORE as a TOTALLY NEW iPAD (takes an age!).Once done, get through to Home screen on ipad by skipping as many iPad setup screens as you can - Leave iPad completely alone now. On Home screen.FINALLYRun ABsinthe WAITDONE!Cydia is on screen 2 of the iPad
  • Joseph
    Joseph Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    I get the same thing and the app times out and Stop working and windows closes it...
  • luca
    luca Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Not working on my iPad 3. Tried everything suggested everywhere, no way to make it work. Too bad.
  • Anaesthetix
    via Wordpress
    THE SOLUTION to the “Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking” problem:Ipad 3 WIFI on windows 7 64bitYOU MUST RESET Your iPAd to (effectively) a brand new iPad via this process.—————————————————Install 5.1.1. via iTunes on PC*unplug* the USB cable from the iPad.Close iTunesTURN OFF iPadPLUG IN iPad into PC USB *AND* HOLD “home” button on iPad = recovery mode (This is CRUCIAL STEP)OPEN iTunes (if it doesnt open itself)RESTORE as a TOTALLY NEW iPAD (takes an age!).Once done, get through to Home screen on ipad by skipping as many iPad setup screens as you can – Leave iPad completely alone now. On Home screen.FINALLYRun ABsintheWAITDONE!Cydia is on screen 2 of the iPad
  • Anaesthetix
    via Wordpress
    Seriously, RESET the iPad as if it were a brand new device, and it will work - have got it up and running without a glitch (finally!) on my UK WIFI iPad3 32Gb New iPad.THE SOLUTION to the “Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking” problem:Ipad 3 WIFI on windows 7 64bitYOU MUST RESET Your iPAd to (effectively) a brand new iPad via this process.—————————————————Install 5.1.1. via iTunes on PC*unplug* the USB cable from the iPad.Close iTunesTURN OFF iPadPLUG IN iPad into PC USB *AND* HOLD “home” button on iPad = recovery mode (This is CRUCIAL STEP)OPEN iTunes (if it doesnt open itself)RESTORE as a TOTALLY NEW iPAD (takes an age!).Once done, get through to Home screen on ipad by skipping as many iPad setup screens as you can – Leave iPad completely alone now. On Home screen.FINALLYRun ABsintheWAITDONE!Cydia is on screen 2 of the iPad
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    On iPad 1G I kept getting the error after the "Waiting to complete" message, so I did:- Downloaded the 5.1.1 iPad 1G firmware- Updated to the downloaded firmware (Shift + restore in iTunes then select the file)- Selected "Configure as new iPad" on the iPad screen- Jailbreak tethered with redsnow- Installed from Cydia the "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether" package- Reboot - Update from backup- Sync apps
  • Cydiahelpsux
    Cydiahelpsux Posts: 72
    via Wordpress
    It works, you dont