How To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Using Limera1n [Windows]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Using Limera1n [Windows]

Geohot surprised everyone by releasing limera1n yesterday, a day before the release of greenpois0n by the Chronic Dev Team. Limera1n can jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPad, iPod Touch 3G and the new iPod Touch 4G. In this guide, we will take you through the step by step procedure to...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Your the MAN! I wish I could JB but I'm going to Korea for 12 months and need to unlock it so I can use it there. So atleast o now know I can JB.

• hxclos
    hxclos Posts: 353
    via Wordpress

You can't get anymore clearer directions than that. Thanks.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

This is great, thanks for putting this together. Now, I have a question. I have and iPhone 4, 4.0.1, jailbroken with jailbreakme.com. My SHSH blobs have been saved to Cydia for 4.1, confirmed by TinyUmbrella.

What do I need to do to get 4.1 jailbreak? I really don't want to lose anything.

• Hacker
    Hacker Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
  • Nicofeine
    Nicofeine Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Thanks Geohot! & to all Devs whos working hard for this. Hopefully 1 of you guys makes an unlock for us stuck on basband 5.14.02 soon.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Do I need to update to 4.1, preserving my baseband, then use limera1n? Or, is there an option of using a cooked .ipsw?

• Luis
    Luis Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

Can I back up a limera1n JB 3GS 4.1 to a non broken state.
    Than JB with greenpois0n for unlocking reasons? Or is there an easier way?

Or will there be a way to unlock it while it's JB later?

• Kobe
    Kobe Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Geo is the man once again!!!!

• Yoga Sugiharta ( BALI )
    via Wordpress

Thank you it's working. GBU. I am using iPhone 3Gs ios 4.1. I am still waiting for unlocking. Thanks GEOHOT.

• Ohkami
    Ohkami Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Works fine until step 8 but then the limera1n logo that's supposed to show up on the iPhone in step 9 never does. Just Apple logo appears on iPhone and limera1n application enters step 10, announcing the phone was successfully jailbroken. Which actually it wasn't, there is no limera1n app on the iPhone, also not after restart.
    Environment: Win XP in Parallels 5 VM on Macbook Pro OS 10.6, iPhone 4 running 4.1

• Kbih
    Kbih Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I can successfully jailbreak my 3GS on 4.1 (new bootrom, previously jailbroken and all..) but when I launch Cydia it's always stuck on "Reorganizing, will close when done" and no matter how many times I realaunch Cydia, restore my phone, and jailbreak it again, it doesn't help.

• tnek
    tnek Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Just installed on 3GS 32GB ver 4.1(8B117) model: MC133KN modemfirmware: 05.14.02

Installed with NO problems :) great jubii, now back in buisness...

GREAT thanks to GeoHot/ Limera1n

best regards
    tnek - dk

• tnek
    tnek Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

just backup'ed in itunes - then let it rain :) and after jailbreak... everything is just like before I did it :) super great - now we have to remember what were going to do with the jailbreaked iphone :))

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

greenpois0n has nothing to do with unlocking. Ultrasn0w is the ONLY thing that unlocks the phone currently.

• Qasim
    Qasim Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

heloo everyone
    i successfully Jb my iphone 4 . My SHSH blobs have been saved to Cydia for 4.1, confirmed by TinyUmbrella. I can not install cydia because http://www.limera1n.com/ is banned in china. when i open limeran1 then it say check your internet connection. Can ayone help me?Any way to use proxy to install cydia on iphone?

• yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress

Wait for the MAC version, or use a windows PC. Your problem is probably XP in the VM.

Nobody using 64bit Win7 has had problems as far as I can tell (except for 3gs new boot rom)

• mazri
    mazri Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Hey guys it werks for my iphone3gs firmware 4.1. wohoo... Thanks goehot!!

• lemonra1n
    lemonra1n Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

in reply to Yo Mama in reply to Ohkami...
    What is with blogger conjecture and lack of fact??

"Your problem is probably XP in the VM. Nobody using 64bit Win7 has had problems as far as I can tell"

I have the same issue as Ohkami, iPhone 4 4.1 clean restore on a win32 xp machine, win64 xp machine, win7 64 machine, macbook pro running xp32,xp64 and win7 64.

BARNEY... IT IS NOT AN OS ISSUE is there anyone that has something knowledgeable to add? other than "wait till it comes out on mac"

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

i ve got an iphone with FW4.01 JBed using jailbreakme.com do i update to 4.1 the let it rain or does limerain install 4.1 ??

• luis casas
    luis casas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Worked GREAT on 3GS 4.1(8B117) model: MB717ll
    05.14.02 cant wait for the Unlock.

AWSOME JOB....i had to donate thanks again your a saint!

• Emmanuel
    Emmanuel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

install 4.1 first. Be sure you don't need carrier unlock, cause 4.1 overwrites the baseband and no unlock is available at present time.

• spiz
    spiz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I didn't understand one thing, I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.0.2 can I use limera1n to jailbreak it? I need the unlock so i don't want to upgrade to 4.1. Is apple still signing 4.0.2?
    Thanks

• Slim
    Slim Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

worked for me iphone4 4.1,but how will i unlock please

• Aly
    Aly Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Had it working on the iPhone 4 factory unlocked 4.1 brilliantly, The limera1n icon did not appear because i turned my phone off before clicking on make it rain but worked the second time around when I left it on.
    Also there were some posts that **** is not working after limera1n on cydia which is not true, it worked perfectly fine and I am enjoying my iPhone 4 to the fullest with a jailbreak and ****, ooh I also did not loose any application or any contacts or messages, everythin was exactly the same..
    welcome back GEOHOT with a massive Bang.. !!

• Slim
    Slim Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

modem firmware 02-10-04

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

Tried It, Bricked My iPhone 4, Got Stuck On A Spinning icon With The Apple Logo As In DFU Mode, Had To Restore It, Not Happy.

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

geohot has pissed a few ppl off by releasing this jb. its not even ready unlike the greenpois0n which has gone through loads of testing.

• dee
    dee Posts: 56
    via Wordpress

how old is the guy 10! this guy geo is such a damn attention fiend douch bag!!now that he release is damn tool shatter is not goin to release thier powerful tool!!! he jeopardize for people who waited for shatter to drop! out of the fuckin blue he decided to release it on the sameday.he bowed out saying he wasnt goin to do it no more because of the pressure he was receiving -obviously he likes it! I want to still unlock my damn phone so I'll stay from this out of the blue buggy jb tool.

• confused
    confused Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

So if you want to unlock you should wait? What if my iPhone is already 4.1
    ? Will I still be able to unlock? Can I use this jailbreak or should I still wait?

• Ipodtouchuser
    Ipodtouchuser Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Has anyone tried this on iPod Touch MC model? If so please let me know if it works. Thank you.