Has AT&T Unlocked Your Off-Contract iPhone Yet? [Updated]

Options

Comments

• Boss
    Boss Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i was able to unlock 2 iphone 3g, iphone 4 and iphone 4s..............
  • raymond
    raymond Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi I was wondering if you had to give them your account information as well or if you simply just gave them the IMEI number?I too bought an iPhone off of craigslist, but do not have an account with AT&T.Thank you
  • Nic
    Nic Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Nothing like making money off this.I called today and had 5 cases made for 5 different imei's.April 16th.We'll see.
  • qsarsa
    qsarsa Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The lock and the contract have nothing to do with each other, so legally no.Morally yes, which (many speculate) is why they've started doing this to preempt any possible action by the FTC or FCC.
  • Pug face
    Pug face Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    No I only gave them my name, email and imei#. I told them I didn't have an AT&T account.
  • qsarsa
    via Wordpress
    Options
    *There is no code*.*There is nowhere to type a code in*.AT&T talks to Apple, your phone talks to Apple, your phone unlocks itself. If your rep has done the procedure properly, you'll get a text telling you your phone is on the unlocked list. Put in a non-AT&T SIM, and connect it to iTunes, and it will unlock itself.
  • qsarsa
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Presumably they'll unlock anyone who has early-upgraded from a 4S, or paid their Early Termination Fee.
  • Prckybgd
    Prckybgd Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How did you manage to unlock iPhone 4s
  • Ton
    Ton Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just got off the phone with at&t and they only way they will unlock your iphone is if you bought it from them more than 2 years ago. They dont care if you upgraded your old iphone needs to be 2 years old with at&t.
  • jackodude777
    jackodude777 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've just call and ask to get my iPhone 4 unlock and they say that they don't unlock iPhone yet.
  • iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just called ATT and told that they can do it. after verifying account information they said that i have to complete full 2 years. since iPhone4 came out in June i have no idea how any of you getting unlocks. she clarified that they would unlock if phone was purchased without contract or after 24 month.
  • Ronny E. Llerena
    Ronny E. Llerena Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have just I doubt in mind. Some say to just restore, but won't that bring me up to 5.1? Right now I'm at 5.0.1 and there's no way I want to upgrade my system. Also what if I'm not eligible and I restore I'm really messed up for who knows when there will be a jailbreak for 5.1 and it's bb.
  • JP32
    JP32 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Joe joe
    Joe joe Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I hate how Canada do there cell programs just sucking the people money.
  • ronak
    ronak Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi rounak..Yes i am from india this is the at&t official number which i got fron an indian at&t executive 18003310500 if ur calling from india dail 00 before the number..Watin for the call to come from at&t..
  • Lizy
    Lizy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I cancel my ATT service a few months ago and paid the ETF, does that mean i'm qualify to request an unlock for my iphone 4?
  • Old Timer
    Old Timer Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I got two IPhone 4 unlocked today talk to technical support that's who does it they put your imie number in and several hours later you connect the phone to iTunes and click restore an when it finishes it will say congratulations your iPhone is unlocked. At least that's what it did for me
  • ronak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi old timer..Even i contacted at&t the executive asked for my imei no n assured me to call me back..It has been over 12 hours i did not receive any call i am thinking to restore my iphone as you did hopeing that my iphone gets unlocked but i am worried that if i restore my iphone my base brand would get updated and in case my iphone diesnt gets unlocked i would unable to use it with gevey sim too..so i am confused..Can any one guide what to do in this case??Should i restore with no basebrand custom firmware created with redsnow?? Will this work?
  • Hari
    Hari Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Ronak did you call the AT&T? Can you unlock without a AT&T account? because me i am using my i phone 4 from 5th November 2010 ( with gevey) I am from India.I can`t make account with AT&T.How can i unlock my i phone 4?
  • Saurabng
    Saurabng Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm in Nepal with 5 at&t iPhone 4 in my hand. I don't know how to contact them.I tried registering online and it also failed. Anyway i could unlock them contacting them?????
  • Saurabng
    via Wordpress
    Options
    no don't do that. If you are using gevey u may loose that. For every one here expecting how the unlock happens. Just wait either keep on your iphone connected to Pc (via itunes), It will automatically asks for activation(waiting for activation).And just you dont need to restore it will automatically activated over in few minutes.But your pc or mac needs to be connected with internet remember this.If you don't have enough time to keep your iphone connected with pc please keep on checking connecting with itunes frequently...
  • Saurabng
    via Wordpress
    Options
    check down at my reply.
  • Saurabng
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I called +18003310500 and the operator told me that it's late sorry call monday to friday with 7am-5pm.bla bla bla. ****!I need to call tomorrow.
  • ronak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you Saurabng..I vill do what you say..hope the process works automatically..Bt still i have not receiver any confirmation from at&t..
  • ronak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you Saurabng..I vill do what you say..hope the process works automatically..Bt still i have not receiver any confirmation from at&t..By the way can you tell me that while checking with itunes do i need to remove gevey sim??
  • Saurabng
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i never did tried with gevey but anyway as far as i know may be it will work using gevey, coz it doesn't has link wid any gevey or ultrasn0w.I have tried unlocking unlocked with ultrasn0w, it has worked simply, it was just asking for activation as i connected with pc(itunes). As you connect to pc with any sim it will ask waiting for activation and just after few minutes it will show your phone is unlocked. That's all. Anyway bro can u help me, with my iPhones.If you could make contact wid at&t will u please ask for unlocking one of my iPhone? if you could please here is my imei:: 012652000106397..
  • ronak
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi saurabng That means ur phone got unlocked via itunes..cool..good to hear something positive..Neither i am getting any activation pop up on itunes nor i received any call from at&t as they said..vill keep on trying as per your method..and vil hope my phone too gets unlocked as urs..Sure mate ill forward your imei no if in near future i call at&t customer service..Thanks..
  • Grandpaw
    Grandpaw Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Best way to tell if your phone is unlocked is if you plug it into ITunes and where the phone number should be it says na it should be unlocked.
  • Old Timer
    Old Timer Posts: 15
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just plug it into ITunes and see if the phone number says na if it does it should be unlocked.
  • Jays_on
    Jays_on Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks iPhonehacks for keeping us updated! You are doing a great job!