Has AT&T Unlocked Your Off-Contract iPhone Yet? [Updated]

Options

Comments

• Akansha
    Akansha Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So I called AT&T on 3 dys back, and gave my IMEI number to them, the customer care representative told me that they'll me a mail within 48-72 hours telling my whether I'm eligible for an unlock or not. Also, if I'm eligible they'll unlock it till 19th April.But I haven't received any mail yet. Should I call them back or wait till 19th?
  • nick123
    nick123 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i got my iphone 4 unlocked yesterday. recieved an email from them regarding instructions.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm from the Philippines and I acquired my iPhone in the US last year via BestBuy without AT&T contract. First time I called AT&T customer support, they asked for my IMEI / phone number (US number) and email address but the representative also required me to fax the iPhone's receipt to prove that it was purchased with no contract. I tried looking through my things and the receipt is no longer to be found. I called the next day pretending that I never called them before and provided the same info, this time the lady didn't asked for the receipt and she told me that she saw no grounds on why the iPhone can't be unlocked so she provided me the case number and advised that she will forward the request to apple and I'll receive an email from them within 72 hours or the maximum is on the 18th. After two days of waiting, still no email, I tried to insert my local SIM without Gevey and connect to iTunes, and then fireworks*** the phone recognized my local SIM without restoring it. So for those who are still waiting for the email from Apple, try your luck, no risk involved of getting the baseband upgraded via restoring iPhone. :)
  • John
    via Wordpress
    Options
    BTW, mine is iPhone 4.
  • Mani
    Mani Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    John!.Thanks.It worked for me.I registered my phone on 10th of april.They asked me to wait for upto 19th.After seeing your mail today i did the procedure what you said.Hurray....It worked....Thanks a lot dear.
  • John
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You're welcome. Atlast, we're free. :)
  • Cesar
    Cesar Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I will try it today
  • SaKo
    SaKo Posts: 74
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I called them on 04/10 and the At&t rep. said system won't let her to unlock my iPhone4, and earliest i can do is July 08 2012. I called them next day and a cool rep. told me my phone is eligible for unlock and he said i will receive an email after 8 days, ( 04/19th ) but it didn't took that long. I received that email today (04/13) saying my iphone will be unlocked if i connect and restore with itunes. So just in 2-3 days! Thanks At&t.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options
    does any one know wat i can do cuz my iphone 4 has unlock by att but when i put my tmobile sim card in i only havea 1 bar of service how do i fix it also any one no how i would unlock my iphone 4s if att unlock it i do not want to restore but i cant use redsnow to deactivate it help
  • Luay
    Luay Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i recieved an email saying my phone has been unlocked so i linked it to itunes restored the phone and put a tmobile sim card but it didn not tell me congradulations your phone is unlocked it told me sim not supported what do i do?
  • mickey
    mickey Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just got my iPhone 4 unlocked! Got the e-mail today saying all I have to do is restore my iPhone. For those who have got the e-mail from At&t to unlock and don't want to lose your jaillbreak or don't want upgrade to 5.1, Just install SAM from cydia and de-activate the phone and get rid of the hacktivation. This will result in the phone reseting and needing to activate with a sim card again. Insert a sim card like T-mobile and connect the phone to iTunes and itunes will say congrats your phone is unlocked! best part is that your data will be unharmed and you will still be jailbroken. Hope this helps :)
  • Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Call AT&T last week Sunday they than told me I would get an email/call in a few days letting me what I needed to do.3 days later got an email stating I needed to fax over additional information (some of which I didn't have) but the AT&T rep told me to fax over the information thati did have and 3 days later (yest) got another email explaining what to do . Did a quick back up and restore and now I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 !! :) no more gevey sim but I am thankful to the gevey team without them I would have had a very expensive "iPod touch" .i lost my jailbreak but I don't mind a new untether one should be out soon.
  • Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Damn!!! Mickey I which I knew that .i lost my jailbreak :(
  • Bc
    Bc Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Called this number: 18003310500 call took around 15min, they had to check the IMEI number and setup the email. Hope this works.I am not an AT&T customer. I`m in Canada but have a AT&T branded phone.
  • Cristian
    Cristian Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yes!! my phone was officially unlocked yesterday! and I'm so excited to say that i could use my iPhone!
  • John
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Email me with your imei number. If your phone is not in black list it will be unlocked
  • Harrison
    Harrison Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    to unlock via jailbreak dumb ass
  • JojoS
    JojoS Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did not have to restore! Just used a non AT&T SIM, connect to iTunes and Iphone 3GS requested "Activate Now?".
  • Cesar
    Cesar Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I called att on April 8 and they gave me a case #, I have an iPhone 4. I don't have an email from them yet. I connected to iTunes and nothing happens. I use gevey sim now. What should I do?
  • marc
    marc Posts: 103
    via Wordpress
    Options
    they also told me to wait until april 16 for an answer and so far, nothing... what about you chris?? have you got an answer from them already?? :s
  • Adeal
    Adeal Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Adeal
    via Wordpress
    Options
    People who are confirming there iphone 4 has been unlocked should provide proof.
  • Hari
    Hari Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Cristian di you got a mail from at&t.And how you did unlocked details pls.
  • Harry
    Harry Posts: 57
    via Wordpress
    Options
    your phone is unlocked!!
  • Adeal
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You should call att.
  • Jawad
    Jawad Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did they contact you back or u still waiting for an email?
  • Adeal
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just called att. The rep said they are experiencing high volume of unlock request. Said i would have wait for day or two would be notified by email.What the hell was att thinking that they would get about 10 request a day. No sh*t they would be a high volume for the unlock request. Any update from other users?
  • Chetnubbler
    Chetnubbler Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    AT&T unlocked my iPhone4 no problem, they said that they would call me in a week with the unlock code.. important note though, they said that since i didn't have an AT&T wireless account with them, i could only unlock 1 iPhone.
  • Chetnubbler
    Chetnubbler Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    edit: im not unlocked yet, they gave me a case # and said i would get a call in a week. but she did say that my phone qualified
  • Oliver
    Oliver Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Anyway to gain access to online chat without having an account or needing an AT&T wireless number??