Has AT&T Unlocked Your Off-Contract iPhone Yet? [Updated]

Options

Comments

• Isth
    Isth Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If my iphone 3gs is unlocked by ATT, can I use ATT prepaid plan sim card in it? or I still have to do jailbreak? thanks a lot!
  • gmt
    gmt Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Which att email did you use to ask then for the unlock?
  • audrey
    audrey Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Did they send you the email yet? They made me a case also but I have not receieved any email.
  • audrey
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I called ATT 4/13 and gave them my imei number and email and they gave me the case number. It is 4/18 and I still have not received anything. They said wait til 4/21 but it seems as though others are getting their emails within 2-3 days. What should I do?
  • Anshuman
    Anshuman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Same here. Called on 4/14 and today is 19th .. I was wondering if getting a case number is a surety that my Phone is eligible for the unlock
  • Anshuman
    Anshuman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Same here. Called on 4/14 and today is 19th .. I was wondering if getting a case number is a surety that my Phone is eligible for the unlock.
  • Adeal
    Adeal Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    same here i called on the 9th. Got the date for 17 but no email still waiting for there email and there is nothing you can do. Just sit back and wait for the email or call.
  • Cesar
    Cesar Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I called on the 9, I also faxed a copy of receipt from eBay, I have iPhone 4. They said by April 17, still waiting.I have called them about 10 times . Also I had another iPhone 4 I bought on eBay, sold it to a friend, he called on the 12, 3 days after he got the email and was able to unlock.
  • audrey
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So I just talked to the AT&T rep and told her I have not received an email and she said all I have to do is just wait.. Also, she said they will notify me if tit is eligible or not. I thought that if they gave you a case number it was automatically eligible ? Does anyone know?
  • morvic
    morvic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What is a jailbreak? I thought is was so your phone could be used on another carrier than AT&T. Why is it necessary to keep it after AT&T unlock your phone. I rung AT&T 10 april, and am still waiting to hear from them.
  • CaliforniaDreaming
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I connected to AT&T technical support chat via ATT.com and was able to receive a case number confirmation from the representative who said I would receive the unlock instructions in 5-7 days via email. Cheers!!
  • CaliforniaDreaming
    via Wordpress
    Options
    BTW that was for an iPhone 4S that I purchased about 1 month ago via Craigslist (it was brand new)
  • aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I got an email from ATT that I can now restrore my phone and get it unlocked. I resotred my phone twice but when I put another sim it still says service not available. I did not see any pop up on itune saying you phone has now been unlocked. What should I do?
  • Adeal
    Adeal Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Finally got a email form att and my iphone is officially unlocked.Adeal.
  • audrey
    via Wordpress
    Options
    ***Does this mean my iphone will be unlocked?***Dear Audrey , AT&T is following up with you to request the unlock code for your device. My name is Michelle. I can definitely help you with your inquiry. I have reviewed your account and submitted a Case to request for the subsidy unlock code and unlock instructions for your iPhone to be sent to you. Your Case ID is (***********).You will be contacted by email on or before ( 05/03/2012) to advise you on the status of your case. Audrey , my name is Michelle, and I would like to thank you for being part of the AT&T family!
  • EZFiXNY
    EZFiXNY Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Received e-mail today. Request Date 4/9/2012E-mail Date 4/24/2012
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I FINALLY got the email after waiting over 2 weeks (I called and got a case # on 4/9/12). So for those still waiting, have patience.
  • ronak
    ronak Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Ahhh finally got an email from ATT confirming tht my iphone is eligible for unlocking..bye to gevey sim.. To whome who have not receive any response yet please wait..thank you ATT and thank u IPHONE HACKS..
  • avi
    avi Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Got the email after 11 days and the restore did not work. Have restore almost ten times yet no result. Long calls with ATT did not resolve the issue. Lot my Gevey unlock and now repenting.Any pointers, how to go about?
  • black jack
    black jack Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I received the confirmation from ATT that my iPhone can be unlocked; however, when I deactivate my iPhone then reactivate it, I didnt receive the message that my phone was unlocked. What should I do now? :((
  • Amir
    Amir Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have recieved the same email and i contacted at&t and they also confirmed my iphone 4 has been unlocked but tried the above method my iphone wasnt unlocked so i contacted at&t again they told me i should backup,restore and update to latest firmware and my iphone will be unlocked. I tried this also but my iphone is stilll locked. In the course of this i also lost my sam. Please help me what should i do as at&t is saying that they have unlocked the iphone but I have after several attempts the phone is still locked.
  • black jack
    black jack Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    You should jailbreak your iphone then copy SAM activation ticket (which you saved) into lockdown folder then reboot using redsn0w (because we've just had tethered jailbreak method for iOS 5.1). It worked for me. If you didnt save SAM activation ticket, just wait for ATT :((
  • Oldlight
    Oldlight Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    AT&T now allows only AT&T's customers iPhone to be unlocked.
  • Annie
    Annie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can anyone pls tell me approximately how long does at&t take to respond to our request?Secondly they just took my IMEI and forwarded the case. I wanna know does that mean my Iphone is eligible for an unlock?
  • retard
    retard Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Stop talking out your ass. I am NOT an AT&T customer (I use Tmobile) And they unlocked my iphone 4 last week.
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Options
    After waiting 2 weeks i finally got the email from AT&T and was able to unlock my iphone4My one problem is, since unlocking and using on Tmobile i have noticed that sometimes i lose service and i cant get it back. I try using the airplane mode on and off and the service still doesnt come back. I have to restart the phone and it works again. Has anyone else had no service issues on tmobile?
  • Soundwave
    Soundwave Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I've also encountered this problem as well but only when I'm at work. Very weird. When this happens, I turn airplane mode on and off and it actually finds my carrier but then I'll lose service again.
  • Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress
    Options
    For me it happens and both work and home. I have noticed its happening in parts of my office where i dont get good reception. Did you use the gevey sim before unlocking? I was thinking maybe since you have to cut down the micro sim a bit to make it fit maybe its coming lose or something. Just a thought.
  • chinkyeyes
    chinkyeyes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I called AT&T yesterday regarding unlocking my iphone 4 and got the below email from them today:Dear Customer: Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your AT&T service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. The issue has been resolved. Should you have any further needs regarding this issue, please do not hesitate to call us at 1 800 331-0500 and reference the tracking number shown above. Sincerely, AT&TWhat does this mean? I haven't received the email like the one on UPDATE 7.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It means your Iphone is unlocked! i got the same message and just unlocked my phone by deactivating via redsnow and entering my sim then opening up itunes.It said congratulations you iphone is unlocked :))Dont wait for the unlocking instructions.Cheers!