Has AT&T Unlocked Your Off-Contract iPhone Yet? [Updated]

Options

Comments

• Hari
    Hari Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Ronak, Just now i call to the at&t customer service . And i given my IMEI Nr. and my e.mail address. they told that they send a unlock code before 17th April . We wait and see. I have call to this no. +1 800 3310 500 you no need a at&t account.
  • Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Care to elaborate? I think AT&T is pretty bad..
  • Mario
    Mario Posts: 101
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Help...
    Help... Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    If any1 wants to make $20 please email me at jim.999.jim@hotmail.comI currently live outside of the US and no longer have AT&T account. I have a iPhone 3GS preserved baseband with old bootrom. I can use the phone but I would love to have it unlocked just in case I accidently update it. If you are willing to wait some 10-15 minutes online with tech support and have my phone unlocked I will wire you $20. Make sure you have a paypal account and once the phone is unlocked I will send you $20. Thanks
  • Rey
    Rey Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i've called att but the customer service said that they don't do unlock iphone 4.. if anyone can help me to contact them and give them my IMEI would be appreciate, since im living at Malaysia. IMEI: 012431001942716
  • h
    h Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just called AT&T a couple of times. 1st guy said no, second guy mentioned something about it being a refurbished phone, and then flat out told me its not eligible for unlock without an account number or a proof of receipt from the apple store or AT&T, which sounds like BS. I then called again, and was told its bit eligible for unlock yet. And couldn't give me details of when it would be eligible. I feel like a dumb ass, coz I bought an iphone 4 brand new from apple, but the version at the time couldnt be jailbroken, so i returned it, and bought a used one for more than the brand new one off Craigslist. Guess I'll just keep checking back
  • Donkey
    Donkey Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Called AT&T just now rep asked for IMEI and account info. I bought this iphone 4 from a friend of mine who just upgraded to an iPhone 4S. After she had IMEI number she put me on hold and keep telling me she is putting the request through. After 15 minutes of that she said it will be 7-10 days till I get an email with instructions on what to do :)
  • Hari
    Hari Posts: 20
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The same thing happens to me also. My i phone 4 is locked with at&t but i never activate the at&t SIM. b`cos i am living in Europe. I can`t use the at&t SIM here.
  • Adeal
    Adeal Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just called at&t and got the date for Apr, 17. They just asked me if i was a current customer told him no he said no problem. Took my IMEI number + email and provided me with there reference number. I purchased my iphone4 on Craigslist on Oct,2011 been using it as a ipod because its on 4.11.08. I really hope this works. Contact number for At&t is 1-800-331-0500. by the way I'm currently in PAKISTAN.
  • ronak
    ronak Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi Adealeven i called at&t again also they asked for my imei number + email + contact number and also gave me an april 17 date. and told me that they vill get back to me on 17th and verify weather i have paid the contract termination fees and weather i am the 1st owner of the iphone..eagerly waiting for 17th to come..
  • JP32
    JP32 Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can you tell the intructions they sent you by email?
  • B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Options
    What's the biggest advantage for unlocking ur phone besides higher resell value?
  • EZFiXNY
    EZFiXNY Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just called ATT rep said with unlock they providing phone will not work on local carriers .... so no Simple Mobile or T-Mobile in US. Now WTF with this so called Factory Unlock ? Let me know guys if you hear anything cause I heard that with all new 4 4S and 3GS that come preloaded with iOS 5 you can take them overseas and they'll work out of the box without any problem.
  • iPhone5
    iPhone5 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Travel oversea and use the local pre-pay SIM
  • S
    S Posts: 31
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I just called AT&T also and all they asked for was IMEI. I had a relative's iPhone 3 (she upgraded) and they did ask for the number that was associated with the phone if I had it, which I did. Since the policy is so new, it sounded like the representative hadn't had to do this yet (she said she was just reading up on it when I called) and I think she only asked for the previous number associated with the phone because she was trying to figure out how to submit the unlock. She also said they would send an email with instructions if it's eligible (by 16th or 17th) and if it isn't, then they would also say why in the email.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I bought my iPhone on Craigslist. I called the AT&T this morning. They took my imei, Email and phone number. And said will email back within 24 hours. 5 hours later. I connected my phone with iTunes. The phone number is n/a. But when I inserted the tmobile sim card. It said no service.
  • Gordii
    Gordii Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The Rep does not know what they are talking about if you live in the US it will work with T-mobile and Straight talk sim cards. My Iphone 4s Currently has Straight talk on it right now.
  • Gordii
    Gordii Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well offically am waiting to get my 4s unlocked have to wait 3 days woot :D Thank God i Out right bought my Iphone :D
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Any number I've tryed to phone doesnt work. Im in the uk if this makes any difference
  • Adeal
    Adeal Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
    try dialing 001 before 800
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 137
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thanks it worked for me
  • Apel
    Apel Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Options
    said they would contact me 5-7 days, legit gevey sim gonna go bye bye
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Options
    u have to wait till u get the email
  • chris_FL
    chris_FL Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I emailed AT&T yesterday, and the called me back today. I provided my iphone 3GS IMEI number to them, and they told me to restore the iphone and it would be unlocked. After a fresh restore, I popped in a T-moble Sim card and it worked like a champ.I finally don't have to worry about an unlock solution anymore. :)
  • Cesar
    Cesar Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I bought an iPhone 4 on eBay last year, how do I know is off contract, does it have to be from AT&T
  • George08035
    George08035 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I was able after 20 minutes on the phone to unlock one of my 3 iPhone 4 phones. The second phone was a disaster. I read the IMEI number and there system said I purchased it in July 2011. After a lengthy discussion with the AT&T rep, and explaining I had upgraded all my iPhones in 2011 and this phone was purchased in June 2010 she sent me to apple. apple checked the serial number and said I purchased and activated the phone in 2010. I asked him to inform AT&T, which he did. I was transferred back to AT&T where the next tech support guy tried to unlock it but when he checked the system there was no unlock code for him to enter. He created a ticket and told me they would SMS me by the 17th with affirmation the phone was unlocked. I spent more than 1:30 min to get to that point. This reminds me of the early days of activation. The good news is, after he enters your unlock code, and your backup and restore your phone, it is unlocked for good. Finally!
  • Saurabng
    Saurabng Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    Options
    nope bro that's not true. It's na when you dont insert any sim..
  • Saurabng
    via Wordpress
    Options
    F*** on At&t customer care representatives, they don't what's unlock..hahaha.. I argued for more than 30m with them calling +18003310500 and finally the girl after a long run argument asked me for imei and i gave them 3 of my iPhone's imei no:. And she just told these phones can't be unlocked. It all ended up in a wind blow. F*** their boring system. If anyone from here can reach at&t please give them one of my imei number which i posted above 012652000106397
  • Saurabng
    via Wordpress
    Options
    The next if you have at&t customer account you can also unlock it through at&t official website loggin inside and under my account credentials just enterin imei number. Please if you have at&t account do mine 012652000106397