How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

Options
System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

pod2g and Chronic Dev team has just released Absinthe 2.0 - iOS 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak.

In this guide, we will take you through the step by step procedure to jailbreak your iPhone running iOS 5.1.1 using Absinthe for both Mac and Windows users.

Here are some important points to note before you proceed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• genXhippie
    genXhippie Posts: 95
    via Wordpress
    Options
    YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! It is time to make some noise people! Jailbreaking time. :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress
    Options
    theres no mac link??
  • HoStuff2
    HoStuff2 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So, if we're still on iOS 5.0.1 (jailbroken), do we need to do a fresh install of iOS 5.1.1 then do the jailbreak, or can we just use iTunes to update to iOS 5.1.1 and then do the jailbreak with Absinthe 2.0?
  • jm sabariaga
    jm sabariaga Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    yup. where is the mac link? not working :( I tried it 3 times and still no progress
  • baba
    baba Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Jim R
    Jim R Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    Options
    It's not working. iPhone 4S, Mac OS X. Everything updated. My iOS version is 5.1.1 9B206. I commented on an earlier post. I erased all content and settings after backing up, as was suggested by pod2g's blog. It doesn't tell you that you have to Activate the phone, but I did. Then I just the Jailbreak. The progress bar just hangs there for a few minutes about 3/4 of the way through. It says Not Done Yet. Then I get "Something seems to have gone wrong...trying to recover." Then "Recovery complete. If you want to retry, unplug and plug your iPhone back in again."Are there other steps I'm missing?
  • DavidS
    DavidS Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm getting the same thing. Hmm...
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yes, you need to do an install of iOS 5.1.1 over your old jailbroken iOS 5.0.1, (backup beforehand), then jailbreak the new installed iOS 5.1.1
  • abhi 911
    abhi 911 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Rob
    Rob Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I got it, just click the page again (reload the page) and the Mac version should start to download
  • Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Umar18
    Umar18 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hy plz reply me i had purchased brnd new iphone 4s on ios 5.0.1 when i came bck to hme i accedantly updte it on ios 5.1 on tht day without jailbreak it & nw i wnt to jailbreak it on 5.1.1 i knw tht abstine 2.0 works only on ios 5.1.1 so i hv to upgrade my iphne to 5.1.1 can i jalbreak my iphne with abstine 2.0 & can i updte my basebnd there is no need to wait for releasing redsnow bcz u mnsn tht of ultrasnw unlck as i also said tht i purchsd my iphne brnd new factry unlckd? plz plz reply me i m waiting
  • Jonathan Sarasin
    Jonathan Sarasin Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Yep not working for me either on my mac book pro. Everything looks good then says “Recovery complete. If you want to retry, unplug and plug your iPhone back in again.”Damn it! Help!
  • abhi 911
    abhi 911 Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • CJ
    CJ Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Me as well....im on windows
  • Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • shay
    shay Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Danny
    Danny Posts: 91
    via Wordpress
    Options
    anyone tried contact any other the jailbreak crew?
  • Jim R
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Is there a separate version of Absinthe for iPad vs. iPhone? The only reason I ask is, in the instructions reported for both, the language during the process matches exactly what is shown for the iPad not the iPhone. Here is what is noted above we should see for the iPhone:"Beginning jailbreak""Sending initial data" at this time you will notice that "Restoring in Progress" message on your iPhone"Waiting for reboot""Waiting for device to finish rebooting" as your iPhone is rebooting."Preparing jailbreak data""Sending payload data"This is what I get:"Beginning jailbreak, this may take a while …""Sending initial jailbreak data. This may also take a while…" "Sending initial jailbreak data.Your device will appear to be restoring a backup, this may take a while…""Waiting for reboot … not done yet, don't unplug your device yet!""Waiting for process to complete… "That's what is noted for the iPad jailbreak. #bummed
  • Dr. Kahn
    Dr. Kahn Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Tried this several times... as far as I can tell, I followed procedures to the T, and even reset my phone to factory settings before attempting the jailbreak, since apparently that reduces the risk of complication. But no matter what I do, it won't get past the reboot phase. It reboots, then says "waiting for process to complete," hangs there a while, and then says "hmmm, something went wrong," and tells me to try again. I have an iPhone 4 running 5.1.1, factory settings but previously thethered JB'ed using Redsn0w.
  • Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Can we update overtop of the 5.01 jailbreak to 5.1 then rejailbreak or should the phone be restored first
  • Shinji Arasawa
    Shinji Arasawa Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So it seems like I'm not the only one experiencing trouble with using Absinthe 2.0 to Jailbreak my iDevice huh. Like the others eperienced, I too can't jailbreak. It shows something like "Something went wrong.... bla bla" after the reboot. Any help there? :(
  • Jim R
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I tried, but I'm not anyone involved in the jailbreak community other than utilizing it. I tweet pod2g and MuscleNerd. I'm sure they're getting flooded for various reasons, including this issue. It's just not working.
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    hey robH i own an iphone 4s with an updated version of ios 5.1.1. I'm stuck with this problem "waiting for process to complete and retry again" :(
  • J
    J Posts: 131
    via Wordpress
    Options
    iPhone4. windows7. device not supported.
  • Jonathan Sarasin
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just glad to see I'am not alone. They will get it fixed. Surprised that this is happening.
  • omega
    omega Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • Jonathan Sarasin
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Well, I restored my phone through iTunes, then tried again and it worked now!
  • oldirty
    oldirty Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Options
    keep getting a "hmmm something seems to have gone wrong message" whilst jailbreraking (between steps 5-6) iphone 4s running 5.1.1??#HELP!! please!