How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

Comments

• KLM59
    KLM59 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It works, after restoring from Itunes your device. I tried to restore it from the iphone first but abinthe found issue. It's now working and cydia is here !
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    I Just Updated My IPhone 4s from ios 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 and i had previously unlock my 4s with the sam software im still on ios 5.1.1 with t-mobile and i haven't even jailbreaking my device yet was sup with that??? anybody Im still making call with stock ios 5.1.1 on T-mobile network this is crazy
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    The first time it crashed and since then I keep getting:ERROR: could not connect to lockdownd after step 2.
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Or Rather after: ""Sending initial jailbreak data. This may also take a while…" "
  • Daniel
    via Wordpress
    I Just Updated My IPhone 4s from ios 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 and i had previously unlock my 4s with the sam software im still on ios 5.1.1 with t-mobile and i haven’t even jailbreaking my device yet was sup with that??? anybody Im still making call with stock ios 5.1.1 on T-mobile network this is crazy
  • ios6
    ios6 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    No disrespect but if you could type clearly maybe some of us can understand your problem and then help. I was lost reading you post.. ;)
  • Alberto
    Alberto Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Is there a way to update to ios5.1.1 without losing all of my current jailbreak tweaks and sources?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Reboot your iPhone and try to do it again. If it doesn't work then probably the other option would it restore your iPhone, but don't forget to take a backup first.
  • Jim R
    Jim R Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    BINGO! This worked for me. I did have an issue though, which I think was caused by Tiny Umbrella. I went to "Restore" my phone via iTunes, but it told me I wasn't eligible for that build. Google that if it comes up. Do NOT go into DFU mode. That bricked it for me. Upon Googling it, there are some entries (browser crashed or i'd link it for you) that deal with having to Comment out an entry via your Terminal (Mac OS X). From there, I was able to restore. Then I jailbroke it. It worked.If you haven't loaded Tiny Umbrella, I'm guessing you won't have the issue I had.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    No you will lose the jailbreak if you update. You can use aptbackup to take a backup of your jailbreaks and then you can restore the tweaks after you've upgraded to iOS 5.1.1.
  • _u_e_
    _u_e_ Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I was also having problems, tried it about 10 times and then did a restore using itunes - worked first thing after that
  • ios6
    ios6 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    No sir, you will have to do all over again. you can also backup your tweaks from cydia with the backup app.
  • Des
    Des Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have the same problem! I've tried everything as well! :( If you get the answer, please let me know!!
  • statman
    statman Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    In the same vein...I have managed to JB after second try....now how do I restore all of my JB apps/settings? I did use Appbackup.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Make sure you have a sim card that can be used to activate the phone. You won't be able to activate your phone if you're using an unlock method like gevey sim or ultrasn0w.
  • Slick
    Slick Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    I did everything I was suppose to do but when I connect my phone it says "sorry but the attached device is not supported. i have an iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 Please anybody have any suggestions?
  • Jerry
    Jerry Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    hey guys, i jail broke my iPhone 4s from a clean restore, then i restored from back up and when all of that finished my camera roll was empty..any fix for that?
  • Daniel
    via Wordpress
    Jailbreak is not working for me either. IOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4s. Running OSX Lion. I did backup my SHSH blobs with tiny umbrella if that has any relevance, not sure.
  • yo mama
    yo mama Posts: 117
    via Wordpress
    Well, I did the untethered jailbreak on 5.1.1 before installing the racoon thing via cydia for the untether... and upgrading to 5.1.1 didn't work for cydia/jailbreak apps. I had to RESTORE to 5.1.1 for it to work properly (tethered jailbreak, that is). So if you have problems launching cysia, try to first reset your settings (wiping your device) and/or RESTORE to 5.1.1, which will halso reset all of your settings.
  • axe
    axe Posts: 185
    via Wordpress
    Apparently cydia has not cached my shsh blob 5.1.1. Weird? I thought already sent it...
  • Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    Please help, I am getting this error: "attached device is not activated absinthe", this is a canadian iPhone, that I am trying to jailbreak and unlock. how do I activate it, then jailbreak it, then unlock it? Please helpPlease helpPlease
  • anson
    anson Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    guys, i know how to do it , trust me waste a little bit time to restore again , i know it annoy 1 . restore again ( dun lazy )2. once done , don,t touch anything but absinthe only 3. click jailbreak4.work ?
  • anson
    anson Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    guys, i know how to do it , trust mewaste a little bit time to restore again , i know it annoy1 . restore again ( dun lazy )2. once done , don,t touch anything but absinthe only3. click jailbreak4.work ?
  • johnsmith123
    johnsmith123 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    This is what works i tried to jailbreak after backing up and restore erase etc from iphone settings no success get the message recovering etc etc....YOU need to restore using itunes and then jailbreak and it worked for me!!!!
  • Des
    Des Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Run as administrator doesn't help! I tried jailbreaking 6 times in a row & the same message keeps coming up! :(
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Worked fine here 1st time, just got to reinstall my themes etc...
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    Anyone having no sources show up in Cydia? I just JB my iPhone 4s. Any one have a clue?
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    Also forgot to thank pod2g and Chronic Dev team great work!!!!
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    P.s forgot to say when you have installed latest ios the quick camera button from lock screen wont open, my wife hasn't jailbroken her's yet so it is a ios issue
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    Try rebooting, i am currently downloading my old themes etc...