How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Search for Cydia, it won't be on the first Home screen page.
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Works perfect look at the 2 images below, so you can see with your own eyes and realise YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!!!!http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7862/img0488.pnghttp://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8310/img0489m.png
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    scroll across your iphone pages
  • angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress
    Da f*ck did I just read!
  • William
    William Posts: 36
    via Wordpress
    Mine says "Recovery completed. If you want to retry the jailbreaking, unplug your devise and plug it back in" is this normal :S
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
    Follow the steps mentioned in update 2.
  • ed6hatch
    ed6hatch Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    if you guys had the wrong link for windows why did it work when i reset my phone from itunes?
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
    You need to wait for Dev team to release Redsn0w
  • VIKRAM
    VIKRAM Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Do a fresh clean restore with 5.1.1 ipsw and try absinthe . it works for me thatway
  • Jessey
    Jessey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I did what you said 3 times, didn't work, on my iPhone 4 (GSM) 5.1.1Though I lost my music list & my photos.
  • Geostone
    Geostone Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    1) backup2) download absinth 2.03) update to 5.1.14) right click absinthe 2.0 > run as administrator5) open new absinthe folder and run absinthe6) enjoy jailbreak for 5.1.1iphone 4s on the shitty sprint network 5.1.1 jailbroken first time no issues
  • Tc
    Tc Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    the restore option does work i was having same problems restore and jailbreak will work
  • Samuel
    Samuel Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    I'm not sure when it will but eventually it will. If your iphone is factory unlock, then u don't need to worry and can use absinthe 2.0. If it's locked to certain carrier n u wanna unlock it to use other carrier other tham tmobile, the yr bb should stay as low as possible.
  • I
    I Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    I think this jailbreak works far better on a Mac than Windows. I had 5.1 tethered, backed up on iTunes on Windows 7 and openbackup. But absinthe wasn't compatible with my Win7 so I moved to my MacBook Air. 5.1.1 untethered JB, done. Use a Mac if you can IMO. Good luck y'all.
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    Works perfect look at the 2 images below, so you can see with your own eyes and realise YOU MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG!!!!!!h**p://img43.imageshack.us/img43/7862/img0488.pngh**p://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8310/img0489m.png
  • ex
    ex Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Works like a charm didnt even have to run as Admin.. Thanx pod2g....
  • Mr Jinxx
    Mr Jinxx Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    iPhone 4S previously JB'd on iOS 5.0.1 - was working fineBacked up and then updated s/ware through iTunes to latest 5.1.1Downloaded Absinthe 2.0, followed instructions (Absinthe says you need to activate the phone again before it will un-grey the jailbreak button, so I did) but got the dreaded hmmm.. there seems to be something wrong .. messageDid this many times with many configurations and was pulling my hair out but finally cracked it.Do your backup, then put the iPhone 4S into DFU mode (look up how to do this if you don't know - it's really simple) then (if you haven't already done so) plug into iTunes, where it tells you it has spotted an iPhone in recovery mode. Say yes to recovering it and upgrading the firmware (to 5.1.1) and let it do its stuff. When it's finished restoring and rebooted your iPhone, DON'T ACTIVATE the iPhone. Wait a few moments and then shut down iTunes. The iPhone will still be on the grey "ready to be activated" first page but don't touch the phone. Just open Absinthe 2.0 and the jailbreak button should be black and ready to go. This time it worksIn Summary ... don't despair, all those who have had the "hmmm ... something's gone wrong" message ... it WILL work, you just have to do it in the right order. I was despairing an hour ago!Good luck
  • manu
    manu Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Okay. Which ones has less issue. Seq. A or Seq. B? Seq. A: 1. Backup in iTunes 2. Restore stock firmware 5.1.1 3. Restore backup from iTunes 4. JB Seq. B: 1. Backup in iTunes 2. Restore stock firmware 5.1.1 3. JB 4. Restore backup from iTunes
  • chrystal
    chrystal Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    If I jailbreak my iPhone 4s will I lose all my jailbreak apps and if not how do I get them back?? Thanks
  • kwamayze
    kwamayze Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    how come with the windows link its downloading absinthe for iOS 5.01 instead of 5.1.1????
  • Mark
    via Wordpress
    No the apps stay there as long as you have backed em up with itunes but you will loose winterboard and cydia til you reinstall themI lost my wallpaper and a few tewwks for my phone but i wrote down what i needed and have put them back on the phone and added 1 or 2 new tweeks lol
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I have a problem , well..when it was downloading , after it said "waiting for process to complete" it took a long time then it recovered itself , it didnt finish the download :S , plzzz help i waited for it soo loooong :/
  • Jessey
    Jessey Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    it worked after 6 times of retry.But the most essential, is I lost nearly everything after restore, photos music...
  • iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
    If you had backed up your iPhone as we had advised then you should restore again and this time restore from the latest backup so you can get your photos and music back.
  • Stephen
    Stephen Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    Same problem, followed kind advice on here, full restore through itunes on pc, not on phone, then do the jail break. worked then after 2 hours of head scratching. Thanks for solution.
  • CalMing2341
    CalMing2341 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    These are the instructions I found in the readme.txt file. This should make things easier for everyone!!! :)1. Make a backup of your device iTunes by right clicking on your device name under the 'Devices' menu and click 'Back Up'.2. Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster.3. Open Absinthe and be sure your are still connected via USB cable to your computer.4. Click 'Jailbreak' and wait... just be patient and do not disconnect your device!5. Once jailbroken return to iTunes and restore your backup from earlier. To do so, right click on your device name under the 'Devices' menu in the left panel of iTunes and click 'Restore From Backup...' then select the latest backup you created before. (restoring this backup will return all the content previously on your device, i.e. apps, photos, etc.) 6. Thanks for using Absinthe, enjoy your jailbroken iDevice!
  • nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress
    My cydia sources are totally blank after I jailbroke... did I do something wrong?
  • trying to JB
    trying to JB Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    It was locked to at&t, I had to unlock it to be able to use tmobile. I guess i should wait for redsnow.