How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

Comments

• 4S
    4S Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Downloaded 2.01 version, connected 4s simfree to usb, clicked, waited minute or two and cydia appeared. Phone is jailbroken successfully!
  • NIKITOS
    NIKITOS Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Thank yooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuu!!!! glad. waited for really big period of time!
  • Remy
    Remy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Jerry,My camera roll ended up empty as well (they really should have a disclaimer for this). But I synced again with iTunes and all my pictures were back.
  • Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress
    Everything went well with the JB besides my cameroll. I'm unable to save any pictures. All of my pictures are gone. Any help would be grately appreciated!
  • Dam
    Dam Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I have an iphone 4, 4.0.1 bb 01.59.00, It is currently untethered jailbroken and unlocked using tmobile....I have been aching to upgrade to the new ios 5.1.1. How can I unlock after using absinthe 2.0 to untether jailbreak? I dont really care for the baseband, as long as I can use my tmobile sim card in it. Advices?
  • erick
    erick Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    if it stops 3/4 way and says theres a problem and try again try by making sure theres no passcode and what worked for me was taking out the sim card
  • Shanay
    Shanay Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    mine is not workinig. It is saying this device is not supported?? some1 help me pleeeeease :(
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    With 2.0.1 problem just became that it crashed every time...I did the erase all contents and settings and retried - seems to have worked this time!
  • H-Tex
    H-Tex Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thank you guys for your updates.....and thanks to the catz that do all their hard work on their personal time. I did have to erase everything....but after that i was all good.TkS Again
  • Jyo
    Jyo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Well, I am a newbie when it comes to mac, iphones and jailbreaking.I have an iphone 4s which is 7 months old, so shall i use this jailbreak? and will i be able to revert? as i might still need the warranty for certain reasonsAnd what are the advantages over a jail-broken iphone over a stock iphone and how do I utilize it to the max? Thanks for your valuable responses.PS - I have downloaded the ABSINTHE Windows version and on the process of jailbreaking me not so new/ not so old iphone 4s :):):)
  • noel
    noel Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Can you clarify a little bit more about what you did and how you did it? I guess what I'm getting from you is that you downloaded absinthe 2.0 and not 2.0.1. Because I'm getting the same error as you did (sorry, but the attached device is not supported), on my iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 as well. Also, every absinthe 2.0 download links I run into are all broken. Please help!
  • xpedia
    xpedia Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I upgraded my jail broken iPhone4s from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 with no problems then jailbroke with update 2. All is well except Siri is not working.All my jailbreak sources remained in Cydia. I had to reinstall MyWi.
  • xpedia
    xpedia Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I know it's too late, but you should have backed up your camera roll by browsing your iPhone and copy\paste to your desktop on PC.
  • Yeow Boon
    Yeow Boon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Can anyone help me? I keep receiving this error that my iDevice backup at itunes has password to it...and so i cannot proceed further to jb it..how to solve this problem? ):
  • Edwin
    Edwin Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    I'm also having the same issue but I'm on iphone 4 and I can see the sources but cannot download anything.
  • hicham
    hicham Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Zillion thanks bud.. you rock!
  • Weilin
    Weilin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys, I have a problem trying to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 4G. Both of which experienced the same problem.I tried to follow the instructions stated about extracting the absinthe.exe file to the absinthe folder that I created on my desktop.
    Step 1: Download Absinthe for Mac from this link and Windows from this link and save the application in a folder named "Absinthe" on your desktop.Step 2: Double click the Absinthe zip file and extract the application to the Absinthe folder (Windows users). Navigate back to the Absinthe folder and launch the Absinthe application.
    Then I right-click on the absinthe.exe and run it as administrator, but a window pops up and says "You must run this app as Administrator". But I AM the Administrator. I tried to re-download and follow the same steps, and the same message popped out too. :(What is the problem that caused it? What should I do to fix it? Help! :(
  • Tushar Agarwal
    Tushar Agarwal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello, if you remember the incident. All the sprint iPhone 4S bought before 11 sept 2011 turned out to be factory unlocked. My phone is from the same batch, so i am a bit reluctant to update my iPhone 4s to 5.1.1 . Do you have any clue if i would loose my unlock or it will stay factory unlocked ?
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Hi. I have an iphone 4s (ios 5.1) which is unlocked by verizon wireless (after 2 months I asked them to unlock my phone) . Can I update it to ios 5.1.1 without losing the unlock? Will my phone become locked again after updating to 5.1.1? (I am out of USA now and will not come back to US!)Thank you guys very much.
  • karle
    karle Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    not working for me no jail broke all i got is a black box with words going up
  • franchi15
    franchi15 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    if i have jailbreak 5.0.1 untether (iphone 4s) should erase data, upgrade to iOS5.1.1 and then restore data and then jailbreak 5.1.1 ?? or restore data after do the jailbreak? i wan to preserve apps downloaded from cidya
  • serena hannon
    serena hannon Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I had my phone jailbroken before and now i have just updated my iphone to ios 5.1.1.. (with great difficulty) now i cannot get Absinthe to work. it is saying the attached device is not supported! what am i doing wrong??? HELLLLPPPPP...
  • serena hannon
    serena hannon Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    ps I have an iphone 4
  • BillYBoy
    BillYBoy Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Save the absinthe.exe file to a flash drive then Google "enable hidden administrator" (Win 7, Vista) and use that account. Copy the file off the flash drive to the hidden administrators desktop and use. It is best practice to disable the hidden administrator account once you have finished with it for security purposes.
  • WiilieN
    WiilieN Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    You did it again.. @pod2g and the Chronic-Dev Team. Thank you so much. Done, enjoying now!
  • Franklyn Edwards
    Franklyn Edwards Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i have an iphone 4 ios 5.1.1 baseband 4.12.01. anytime i attempt a jailbreak i recieve a message stating device is not supported.. please, could you tell me what the problem could be?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    That's because Apple has released a revised version of iOS 5.1.1, which is not supported by Absinthe currently. You can check out this post for more details:http://www.iphonehacks.com/2012/05/revised-ios-5-1-1-build-9b208-gsm-iphone-4.html
  • Rali
    Rali Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    It works with me-i'm with iphone 4 ios 5.1.1.Perfect!
  • Tre
    Tre Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    me 2. Iphone 4s. Using a macbook pro. Help 2 days now & i'm getting the same message "Waiting for reboot- not done yet, don't unplug your device yet"! Then I have to start from the beginning because I get error -5. If I don't do the complete restore form beginning it doesn't go any further. Help me please.
  • vee
    vee Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I am getting the same message, i even can not jailbreak it from ultrasnow or redsnow, and also i restore my phone, still it is same thing.