How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

Options

Comments

• anthe
    anthe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, im not on the jb part yet. Main thing is when iwant to do a clean restore to 5.1.1 on itunes itgave me a couple of errors. My device is 3gs andcurrently running 4.3.3 jb. Any advice please?? Itried it for almost a week already. Any help mightbe very helpfull..helpppp!!
  • HELP
    HELP Posts: 23
    via Wordpress
    Options
    In TinyUmbrella go to advanced tab, untick set hosts to cydia on exit.
  • SLABBERS
    SLABBERS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    my 4s worked perfectly, just updated 5.0.1 to 5.1.1 restored from backup then jb using absinthe 2.0 had no probs at all aside from very slow updates (as expected) in cydia.
  • Serenity
    Serenity Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm not sure why you guys are having a problem... but I have the same build and it worked in 7 minutes for me and with no problems! I will tell you this though... I DID do the backup and I erased my phone before doing the JB and then I restored from the backup. I would say... do this and try it again...
  • Warren
    Warren Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I'm trying to download the 4.2.1 jailbreak for my ipod touch from greenpoi0n but the only thing on the website seems to be this and the links don't seem to be working for the website. Does anyone know what the problem is?
  • Dam
    Dam Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi, I have an unlocked iphone 4, 04.12.01, ios 5.1.1. I had a friend with AT&T service call them to unlock it for me. I would like to jailbreak it using absinthe 2.0.2. I was wondering if doing this would lock my phone?Thanks.
  • Dam
    Dam Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hi,I have an unlocked iphone 4, 04.12.01, ios 5.1.1. I had a friend with AT&T service call them to unlock it for me. I would like to jailbreak it using absinthe 2.0.2. I was wondering if doing this would lock my phone?
  • Pally
    Pally Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have a gsm iPhone 4. Running osx 10.5.8. I tried jailbreaking before build 9B208 was released, I got the hmm.. Something went wrong error. The next morning i took Redmond pies videos advice and reinstalled 5.1.1 (now 9b208) and then absinthe wouldn’t support that build. I then downgraded back to 9b206, tried again, still no luck. I restored again (still 9b206) as a new iPhone, and same error. Then I tried on my brothers windows 7 computer, again nothing. This morning absinthe 2.0.2 is available. Restored to 9b208 and again same error. Restored as new iPhone (no data) and STILL won’t jailbreak. Restored my data and tried again and of course nothing!I am no computer genius, but I have jailbroken every version of ios since 2.x.x on iPods and iPhones and have never had this much trouble!! What am I doing wrong?? Please help!
  • Pally
    Pally Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Also, I have tried everything listed in all of the updates above... I am perplexed.
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Hey Guys, I have a problem. I am running an iphone 4 gsm ATT with 5.1.1 just updated because I saw the post and I am dissapointed. I am on the 9B208 because itunes downloaded the update without me aware, and even after I downloaded Absinthe 2.0.2 with 9B208 supported, I get the error that it could not be jailbroken. I have restored, backed up everything 2x already and no luck. Modem firmware is 4.12.01 Someone please help!
  • Max R
    Max R Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I got a very frustrating situation, too. I tried jailbreaking about 10 time, now, an no luck. I am using a Mac on an iPhone 4, update 5.1.1 (firmw.9b208). I did it the way it was suggested in the instruction text file that is with Absinthe 2.0.2, and different methods, also, including the DFU reset option and then connecting it to iTunes. I still get the to the last stages where it will warn you that "Hmm...Something went wrong.." and the "Recovery completed.." but never the "Done" stage. I did the Reseting option, too, where all contents and settings are deleted, before opening Absinthe. I tried version 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. and still no luck. I probably tried 10 times, if not more, and still same o thing. Any suggestions??
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Someone help me?I download the link for windows and click on the absinthe, then a black box pops up and a bunch of code just scrolls... anybody know how to fix this?
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Options
  • V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I did try on my mac and would go 1/4 of the way and freeze up.so I tried on win7 and it worked for me
  • Sunit
    Sunit Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Is there a way I can make a backup of my cydia tweaks? and automatically restore them once re-jailbroken on 5.1.1?
  • Denis
    Denis Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Guys, how long in takes you to erase all content and settings as in Update 2? Mine iPhone 4S is already 40 minutes doing something? Is it normal? How long should I wait?
  • ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Just wanted to say a big thank you to all involved in the making of this. The time and effort that must of gone in to it all must have been amazing. Anyway it worked perfect the first time for me on Iphone 4 GSM IOS 5.1.1. Keep up the great work ;)
  • ian
    ian Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Oh and just to add i'm going to do my daughter's iPhone 3GS later. And to be quite honest i'm not worried in the slightest. She'll be so happy that her device will finally be Jailbroken again after we got forced in to do a Restore a while back and it going on to IOS 5.1
  • Kid
    Kid Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Okay, So I have a problem... I tried to jb my 4s but failed. Now after the restore cydia is on the screen but does not open. Any tips??? Please Help ASAP!!!! Thanks
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Options
    i jailbroke my iphone 4s, cydia appeared in home screen, but now when i want to install an application from app store this error occurs: “your request cannot be processed, error code: 1009″. what should i do now? can’t i install any application from app store any more?!!!! please help me …
  • Austin
    Austin Posts: 30
    via Wordpress
    Options
    So I tried 2x without restoring, and then followed the directions people list above for the JB to work. I'm running iPhone 4s 5.1.1 and windows 7x64 - yes running the jb program as admin1. run a backup in itunes (I also copy all my pics to a local hdd directory)2. restore to factory settings using itunes3. close itunes - on the iphone walk through the initial setup4. run the JB5. relaunch itunes, when prompted restore from backup file6. have cydia store, all my apps and photos, everything's working.
  • John
    via Wordpress
    Options
    somebody answer me plz.i jailbroke my iphone 4s, cydia appeared in home screen, but now when i want to install an application from app store this error occurs: “your request cannot be processed, error code: 1009″. what should i do now? can’t i install any application from app store any more?!!!! please help me …
  • John
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Thank you so much jailbreak 5.1.1 team. I have just jailbroken my iphone 4 and my Ipad 3, I'm so happy and gratefull to you guys....I have just sent you a donation to show my joy. Thanks again guys from Scotland UKJohn
  • John
    via Wordpress
    Options
    How about restoring your phone in itunes and try the jailbreak again? It does work M8, both my phone and ipad 3 are now jailbroken.John
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have received the error, Could not connect to Lockdownd. Now, after reading the possible fix an update asking me to go to setti9ngs, general, reset, reset all data. I have done this and still no help. My PC says the Absinthe program is not responding. Can someone please answer my questions? Thanks. P.S. I am very tech savy and understand all this. I have also been Jailbreaking my iphones for almost 4 years now and cannot understand this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Fara
    Fara Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    Erased my phone before doing the JB and then I restored from the backup. Didn't work without that for me. iPhone 4S CDMA Verizon
  • Fara
    Fara Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    This might help. 1. Backup your iPhone 2. Upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 3. Erase and restore to factory setting. 4. Jailbreak using abstinent 5. Lunch cydia update packages. 6. Restore your iPhone Reply if this worked for you. iPhone 4S CDMA Verizon
  • Noobie
    Noobie Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4, and I can't activate it because I don't have a SIM Card (You know the story). But I managed to bypass the activation, also my iPhone is updated (Version. 5.1.1) but when I start Absinthe it tells me 'The attached device is not activated. You need to activate it before it can be used with Absinthe.' So is there no way to use Absinthe and I chose this one because it is the easiest I didn't manage to do it with redsn0w so yeah. Please Help
  • MatZ
    MatZ Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    I have an iPhone 3gs, 5.1.1 with firmware 05.16.05 on telus in Canada... what are the chances this is going to work and what are the consequences associated with it? all i'm trying to do is unlock the phone to use overseas and i don't want to end up with a paper weight with a monthly contract! the guy in the mall said he couldn't do it cause of the newest update thus, i am here! haha... any info. would be very helpful!
  • ABG
    ABG Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Options
    PLS HELP!!!!!!!i upgraded my iphone 3gs (new bootrom with 06.15.00 ) from ios 4.1 to ios 5.1.1 and i have successfully jaibroken it, but i am not able to unlock it! i have tried to unlock it using cydia and although it installed ultrasnow fix and also ultrasnow but still the iphone is showing no service (after searching for network for a while). Please help me because i can't use my phone to make or receive call and my friend is already making jest of me. Any help will be well appreciated