How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS Running iOS 5.1.1 Using Absinthe 2.0.2 [Updated]

Comments

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    sorry but i did what they said millions of times but none changed my problem. it always stop after "waiting for process to complete " and recover itself . it doesn't finish downloading. :/
  • nonofur
    nonofur Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i have the same issue please we want a quick update from chronic dev team solving this problem
  • iP4
    iP4 Posts: 33
    via Wordpress
    worked for me but after full factory restore and activation. thanks a lot for all the hard work.
  • nonofur
    nonofur Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    same here .. please im dying i need the jailbreak :(
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    Will Sprint keep charging me an activation fee every time I reset and re-activate my iphone?
  • gio443
    gio443 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys, i am having the same problem. The jailbreak is not finishing the right way. What kind of iPhone are you using? me the 3GS
  • ex
    ex Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    I did the jailbreak and did an update on cydia but now i have a white icon for Cydia! how do i fix that also some sources are not loading?
  • KinG12sKy
    KinG12sKy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ok here is the deal..If you get ANY ERROR jailbreaking, just restore your phone. IT WILL WORK!!! i tried everything and had to resort to this.*** IF YOU ARE USING GEVEY SIM OR ANY OTHER THING TO UNLOCK YOUR PHONE THAN YOU WONT BE ABLE TO BYPASS THE ACTIVATION STAGE. YOU NEED AN AT&T OR H20 SIM TO ACTIVATE IT, NO BUTS NO IF. H20 IS PREPAID IF YOU REALLY HAVE NO AT&T SIM TO USE JUST BUY THAT.***Lastly i tried to download winterboard but it's not working. it keeps saying the error cannot be detected. Does anyone knows how to get it to work?
  • Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    weird, i tell it to run as administrator and it keeps telling me that i am not
  • Miles
    Miles Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Did both my wifes and my phone in under ten minutes works flawlessly thanks guys ill deff be donating !!!! And all i did was download the windows file extracted it opened the absinthe file clicked the app plugged in the iphone for some reason we have iphone 4's and it registered them as iphone 3's pushed jailbreak anyways lol and wala bothed jailbroken and running cydia flawlessly
  • Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress
    Completely restore back to factory defaults in itunes, then run the jailbreak. worked for me.
  • tim
    tim Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    If you are having trouble with the jb failing....try wiping the phone from within iTunes. Once it is wiped, wait for it to activate without touching it. Then do the jailbreak. Best method for me on a 4S on Telus.
  • georgeg
    georgeg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Mike R
    Mike R Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    YES...... there' s a Cydia program - you have to buy it. It's avail. right off the Cydia homescreen on your phone. It backs up all your JB apps to a Dropbox account (need to set one up - free - if you don't already have one). It's called PkgBackup. It's not "available" on Cydia right this minute for me to reinstall - I presume it's being altered for 5.1.1 or maybe Cydia servers are just jammed up.
  • Whatever
    Whatever Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    after several hundred attempts on my new iphone4 ( 5.1.1) . and getting the same message "Recovery completed. If you want to retry jailbreaking, unplug your device and plug it back in.” i got it to work yeeehaaaa.here is how i got it to work. i noticed had Tiny Umbrella running in the backgroud ,so i shut it down.i also downloaded a fresh Absinthe 2.0. program.followed the instructions and hey presto.simples!!
  • erick
    erick Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    had same problem i removed my sim card and tried it again and it worked
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    now getting "error detecting device (lockdown error -5). tried on 2 different computers. anyone else?
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    7 times I've tried to jailbreak with absinthe 2.0 & 2.0.1 and 7 times I get "absinthe.exe has stopped working". I'm going to use redsn0w to return to iOS 5.1 then jailbreak it and stay there forever.
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    It looks like you have not disabled your passcode. Disable the passcode (Settings -> General -> Passcode, enter the passcode, then tap on Passcode off, enter the passcode, which will disable the passcode) and try again. Absinthe should guide to through the recovery process since you have tried to jailbreak it once.
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    7 times I've tried to jailbreak my 3GS with absinthe 2.0 & 2.0.1 and 7 times I get "absinthe.exe has stopped working". I'm going to use redsn0w to return to iOS 5.1 then jailbreak it and stay there forever. This jailbreak is supposed to be easier but it the hardest one I've ever dealt with. It jailbroke my iPad2 but I can't downlaod anything from Cydia.
  • Anon
    via Wordpress
    great guess. i had a passcode on when i started and it told me to disable it, so it's off now.i just turned it back on and back off again, but still same error. have another thought?thanks!
  • Deal
    Deal Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Thanks!! I will be donating.. you guys have done a great job for years.... Thanks again...
  • Bob
    via Wordpress
    Looks like absinthe bricked my iphone 4s. I got an error saying it couldn't connect to something and after several minutes of waiting I exited the program and unplugged the phone. Now when it boots it just shows the apple logo with an empty bar. It's recognized by iTunes but it says it couldn't activate my phone, probably because the entire OS is corrupt or something. What are my options here?
  • Bob
    via Wordpress
    I managed to unbrick it with tinyumbrella. Thank god...
  • Van
    Van Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I have 5.0.1 jailbroken, can I just update (not full restore) to 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    Unfortunately no, you will have to update first to iOS 5.1.1 using iTunes and then re-jailbreak and install your jailbreak tweaks again or use jailbreak apps like PkgBackup, which make it easy to reinstall the jailbreak apps and tweaks. But we prefer re-installing the tweaks.
  • Lino Odeh
    Lino Odeh Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Is this work on sprint iphone 4s,, please reply
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    all worked fine when installing cydia on my 3gs, tapped on cydia icon and it said it was initialising it finished and the cydia icon has dissapeared, please help
  • shottisimo
    shottisimo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    iPhone 4 here I tried both absinthe 2.0 and 2.01 and still won't jb my iphone. It doesn't even get through the jb and it says there is an error...??
  • Anon
    via Wordpress
    backed up in itunes, then erased all settings and data, then successfully absinthed, then restored in itunes! phew