Comments

• iphone3g
    iphone3g Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    do you know anything yet?? anyone??
  • Diablozoe
    Diablozoe Posts: 76
    via Wordpress
    Depends on what you want to do! if you want to go to 4.2.1 then you need to update to 6.15 because the bundled BB is not suported by Ultrasnow! Now if the BB you are on is not unlockable then you need to get it to an unlockable one! 4.26.08 5.11.07 5.12.01 and 5.13.04 are unlockable! Now as of not it seems to be a problem to use an older BB with 4.2.1 I have 4.1 used snowbreez and kept my 5.11.07 BB. You have to clairify what you want to do and if its jump upto 4.1.2 you need 6.15!
  • Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    i just tried it and it works fine! so i guess you can go ahead and restore it threw itunes and then use redsnow for the jb part good luck! and if anything goes out of other feel free to ask i am here to help i know the newbie feeling you get when your about to do all this process yourself.
  • ITcrowd
    ITcrowd Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Actually it is very simple. Upgrading your iphone baseband to 6.15 means you will never be able to use any original apple firmware. Why? Because BB 6.15 is from iPad, it is unlockable. But once you use it in iPhone all future original apple firmware updates will fail on your iPhone. So there is no way back, no warranty. Ever.
  • iphone3g
    iphone3g Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    michael can you help me? i have an iphone 3g on ios 4.1 baseband 05.13 i want to update to 4.2.1 but if i do do i need to do it through itunes and get baseband 05.15 and then use redsnow to go to 6.15??? helpme im confused!! thanks!
  • Sam23
    Sam23 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    idk what i did wrong bt it doesnt matter what i do my phone wont get out of recovery mode :( its on BB 6.15 and cydia was crashing to i tried to jailbrake it again and it wouldnt just get out of recovery mode. any help from anyone? :((
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    I don't see what is the big deal abou this release. If you upgrade to 4.2.1 it will change your baseband to the ones this new ultrasn0w doesn't support and from there to go and update to 6.15 is just plain stupid. The thing that should've been release is the custom ispw OR an ultrasn0w that will unlock the baseband for the current ios. Now it's more waiting and what about when 4.3 comes out? It's gonna update to an unsupported baseband and we just keep running in circles.
  • Tacoma
    Tacoma Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Not so worry about the warranty, all i care about isbe able to unlock and use it with Tmobile. But i believe you can restore to custom firmware in the future but never apple firmware, the BB always be 06.15.00
  • Elvis
    Elvis Posts: 39
    via Wordpress
    Hi everyone just want to be clarified i want to upgrade my bb to 6.15 using redsnow how do i do it? is the upgrade for redsnow out yet? im lost at that point. where do i get this redsn0w from?
  • Sn0wTiger
    Sn0wTiger Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    so if i update my bb to 06.15.00, i will never be able to update my iphone 3gs with future updates from apple? like im on 4.1 and apple releases an update for like 4.4 i wont be able to update my iphone?
  • Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress
    Hey people.Just make sure this is the kind of jailbreak you want for your device,I believe it will be a tethered one for certain idevices,such as 3gs with new bootrom. ;-( ;-(
  • Bikesh
    Bikesh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    well i have iphone 3g bb 5.13.04 now if i update it now to 6.15 and unlock its good but what if apple releases ios 4.3 with other bb than 6.15 then again it is stucked...is there any chances that dev team is realeasing other methods to those who hasn't yet updated there ios and bb so that it can be used with ios 4.3 which is releasing in mid december
  • Julian
    Julian Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    hey dudeim currently on 05.14.02what are the steps i need to take in order to jailbreak and unlock..i would appreciate your reply pls..thanks
  • psyherin
    psyherin Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    nobody talks abt iphone 4 baseband 02.10.04 nor the unlockers work on that baseband. plz plz plz look after iphone 4 users too
  • Amal
    Amal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Michael, I am newbie. can u explain exact steps on how to unlock IPhone 3GS 4.1 baseband 5.14.2 using windows computer.
  • Abid
    Abid Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    To everyone waiting for Red Snow, It has been released on the Dev team website, Iphone hacks hasn't updated their post yet, I upgraded to 6.15 and unlocked two phones, works perfectly.Download Redsnow, download 4.2.1 and select it as the Ipswclick next then select the Install Ipad Firmwarefolow instructions to enter DFU and then just wait, it took about 15 minutes for the whole process to be completeremember you wont be able to update the firmware in the future unless the Dev team figures a way around this
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    Ok…for all those people using MAC and running an iPhone 3Gs (new bootrom) 4.1 with baseband 05.14.02 locked. You cannot upgrade to the 4.2.1 on 3gs using Pwnage but if you really want you can use redsn0w to create a tethered jailbreak which means you will have to connect the phone to your PC anytime you restart it.So, to jailbreak and unlock a new bootrom iPhone 3GS running 4.1 on 05.14 fw, do the ff;1. Download iphone 3GS 4.1 FW2. Download iPad 3.2.2 FW3. Pwnage Unlock Edition4. iTunes 10.1- Start Pwnage Unlock Edition- Select iPhone from the choices- Choose the iPhone 4.1 FW- Pwnage will prompt you if you want to upgrade the baseband to that of the iPad – select yes and browse for the iPad 3.2.2 FW- Pwnage starts creating the bundle- Once done, dfu your iPhone, launch iTunes 10.1 and restore using the custom ipws.- Launch cydia and download ultrasn0w to unlock.if you having problems creating the bundle, please download the fixed bundle (http://iphwn.org/iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117.bundle.zip), and unzip it if Safari hasn’t already done so. Then “Show Package Contents” of PwnageTool.app, navigate to Contents->Resources->FirmwareBundles and drop it there. Once you have done this, relaunch pwnage and repeat the steps above.
  • khpdata
    khpdata Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Steps for unlocking iPhone3GS iOS4.1 on Windows a Machine (not MC model phone)1. Download redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5 for windows here: http://sites.google.com/a/iphone-dev.com/files/home/redsn0w_win_0.9.6b5.zip?attredirects=0&d=12. Download IPSW firmware package of iPhone 3GS iOS 4.1 here: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-7938.20100908.F3rCk/iPhone2,1_4.1_8B117_Restore.ipsw3. Connect the phone to machine and then turn off the phone (it is important to turn off the phone)4. Open and run redsn0w tool and point to the IPSW firmware that you have downloaded in Step 2. 5. it MAY ask is this a new 3gs or an old one (if not ignore and continue), follow steps if not sure select yes or no doesn't matter since it will correct you later and ask you to start again. 6. Select the option "install ipad baseband" 7. Click Next and Follow the steps on redsn0w, to enter DFU mode when directed as below on redsn0w, 7.1 Press and hold the power (top one) for EXACTLY 2 secs 7.2 Press and hold the home (bottom center) for 10 secs without releasing the power button 7.3 After 10 sec release power button and continue holding home button until the redsn0w starts its next step8. Watch the status on iPhone - flashing baseband etc. 9. Once the phone restarts, Disable 3G (General --> Network)10. Make sure you have "repo666.ultrasn0w.com" in Source list by going into Cydia --> Manage (bottom option) --> Sources (if not then, add the URL using Edit --> Add feature, if you are adding it phone needs to be restarted) 11. Install ultrawsn0w (Cydia --> Search --> type ultrasn0w and install it)12. phone will restart.... and hurry...!
  • Reyes
    Reyes Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    All I did was jailbreak. I'm on 4.2.1 now. I was just wondering if there was any way to unlock the phone without having to use wifi.
  • V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Hey wat about those who have 3GS/3G running on ios 4.1 with BB 5.13.04...do they need to update to 6.15 to unlock their phones on ios 4.2.1..plz help..!!!
  • suhana
    suhana Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    visit www enewsplus com
  • Sara
    Sara Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    For Latest on Apple,iPhone and Jailbreak visit www.enewsplus.com and keep visiting. Thanks
  • Sumeeth
    Sumeeth Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Thanks. But how to do this for 3G? I have a 3G device running with 4.1 FW and 05.14.02 baseband.
  • iApp
    iApp Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Where is the JailbreakMe 3.0 comex? We need it. So simple so fast.
  • Si
    Si Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    For window user with redsnow, we dont need to download the Ipad baseband
  • Sumeeth
    Sumeeth Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    hi Si, were you able to unlock without the iPad baseband ?
  • Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    im still stuck on waiting for reboot window using redsnowhow long does it take?
  • living4angel@gmail.com
    via Wordpress
    Do I need iPhone activator sim after iPad baseband file installed by Redsn0w....means I don't have such a sim to activate it...so can some plzzzzzzz tell me... is that sim required!! I m on 3GS-5.14.02 with 4.0 ios and using windows......pleaseeeeeee help meeeeeeee.....
  • V
    V Posts: 38
    via Wordpress
    Hey Si can you please guide me regarding the steps...i want to upgrade to ios 4.2.1....currently i am on ios 4.1 with BB 5.13....JB with snowbreeze...plz help...btw i am a windows user...thanks once again.
  • shadow2020
    shadow2020 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Unlock for iPhone 3G for all firmware versions released.Just install firmware via iTunes and download ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock it!iPhone 3G 4.2.1 custom firmware with baseband 6.15 for unlock:http://depositfiles.com/files/9naphps5k