Unlock For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G On iOS 4.2.1 Released [Updated]

Comments

• Gee
    Gee Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    Forgot to say I have a 3gs (32gig) newer MC model that I had accidentally upgrade to 4.1 (never again) so had to use a flip phone for months. Now need a way to use the $10 internet from T-Mobile and I'll be all set.....
  • Koomoo
    Koomoo Posts: 52
    via Wordpress
    yeh i been useing my iphone 4 with t-mobile unlimited text, web n 500 mins for 50 bucks no contract
  • Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    if i cant get my phone to boot again i think i will be getting rid of it as getting annoyed with it now, gonna be installing 4.1 in couple of mins so fingers crossed
  • Iphone 3G - Help Me Pls!!
    via Wordpress
    Someone Help me please!!!!--i did the latest unlock on blog.iphone-dev.org using Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 with ipad bb 6.15it was NOT worked and the BB remain unchanged 05.15 like before, so i did it again, the steps with Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 but my iphone 3G was not restart in IOS, but in restore mode.I've tried again to restore it with iTunes, but have no worked.First iTunes have the error 14 and 2'nd time i get error code 1604I suposed that the baseband have changed at 6.15 after i used 2'nd time i've used Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5.So.., i have an iphone 3G with no IOS but with baseband 6.15.. !!!!! if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it!!!!!Thank you in advance!!!!
  • Koomoo
    via Wordpress
    yes most of the phones i was unlocking was @ 4.1 with the 5.14 baseband so good luck darren
  • Koomoo
    via Wordpress
    if u want the 4.2.1 OS get the ipsw for it and then go to red snow or directly to itunes to restore HOLD SHIFT n click restore use ur ipsw u downloaded. then run redsnow to jailbreak n ipad baseband but if its a new bootrom its gonna be tether
  • Koomoo
    via Wordpress
    redsnow u would click on pawned DFU MODE n will bring up itunes n tell u to enter custom ipsw
  • Lee
    Lee Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    @gif, I did every step as what Justin list on his comment, after Pwanagetool 4.1.3 done created custom FW and when Im restoring from iTunes what fw do I choose the custom FW or the iPad 3.2.2 or the restore FW 4.1 pls reply thanks
  • narcissusro
    narcissusro Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Someone Help me please!!!!–i did the latest unlock on blog.iphone-dev.org using Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 For iOS 4.2.1 with ipad bb 6.15it was NOT worked and the BB remain unchanged 05.15 like before, so i did it again, the steps with Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5 but my iphone 3G was not restart in IOS, but in restore mode.I’ve tried again to restore it with iTunes, but have no worked.First iTunes have the error 14 and 2′nd time i get error code 1604I suposed that the baseband have changed at 6.15 after i used 2′nd time i’ve used Redsn0w 0.9.6beta5.So.., i have an iphone 3G with no IOS but with baseband 6.15.. !!!!! if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it!!!!!Thank you in advance!!!!
  • Darren
    Darren Posts: 43
    via Wordpress
    big thank you to koomoo you are a life saver, restored in itunes to 4.1 then used ireb to stop recovery loop which allowed itunes to finish, im now running bb 6.15 ios 4.1 and dont think i will worry about unlocking it lol
  • Jasonjason
    Jasonjason Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    when i go to download the ipad ipsw, it downloads as a .zip file instead of .ipsw and wont show up as the cube logo, just as a zip folder.please help!!! im on windows
  • Koomoo
    via Wordpress
    u have to change it jason theres a way i had the same the problem.... i'm trying to remember how i did it
  • Tacoma
    Tacoma Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    i dont think you need ipad firmware if you using Redsn0w for windows, but you'll need your iphone ipsw either 4.1 or 4.2.1 whatever u got on your device
  • Jasonjason
    Jasonjason Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    OK PLEase let me know if youcAN. I JUST JAILBROKE WITH LIMERAIN JUST TO TRY IT
  • Iphone3gs New bootrom
    via Wordpress
    Better solution update 4.1 then jailbrek and unlock (4.2.1 need redsn0w reboot every time you reboot your device confirmed by me I did it and don't like it)be carful your baseband will go 06.15.00 and there is no come back with baseband witch mean until apple relise base band higher then above(there is no confirmation thet normal update via iTunes will work)PS: I did it work's fine
  • whocares
    whocares Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    i did to 3g 5 15 04
  • whocares
    via Wordpress
    5 13 can be unlocked
  • whocares
    via Wordpress
    dont up date ucan unlouk
  • whocares
    via Wordpress
    use jailbreakme.com
  • JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress
    New or old Bootrom?
  • giorgi
    giorgi Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    hello everyone, i have a huge problem regarding my iphone 3gs. it is a new bootrom iphone and it was urning ios 4.1. i couldn't understand at the beginning and i upgraded to ios 4.2.1 in order to unlock it. i jeilbroke successfully, but every time i tried to go to cydia it crashed. little later i decided to reset the phone since i had many unused things. when i reset it and activated with at&t sim card, something weired came up. first page was blank and on second page there was only cydia icon. there was nothing else, no "calls, settings, sms, maps and etc" only cydia icon, so i tried to rejailbreak and now it can't come out of recovery mode. if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate. i will even donate for help. thank you in advance video on youtube wiil be available in an hourhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm6nEjjRkJ8
  • giorgi
    via Wordpress
    hello everyone, i have a huge problem regarding my iphone 3gs. it is a new bootrom iphone and it was urning ios 4.1. i couldn't understand at the beginning and i upgraded to ios 4.2.1 in order to unlock it. i jeilbroke successfully, but every time i tried to go to cydia it crashed. little later i decided to reset the phone since i had many unused things. when i reset it and activated with at&t sim card, something weired came up. first page was blank and on second page there was only cydia icon. there was nothing else, no "calls, settings, sms, maps and etc" only cydia icon, so i tried to rejailbreak and now it can't come out of recovery mode. if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate. i will even donate for help. thank you in advance
  • giorgi
    via Wordpress
    hi there, i have a huge problem regarding my iphone 3gs, and maybe you can help me out. i read comments and you already helped some people.i have a new bootrom iphone 3gs and it was running ios 4.1. i couldn't understand at the beginning and i upgraded to ios 4.2.1 in order to unlock it. i jeilbroke successfully, but every time i tried to go to cydia it crashed. little later i decided to reset the phone since i had many unused things. when i reset it and activated with at&t sim card, something weired came up. first page was blank and on second page there was only cydia icon. there was nothing else, no "calls, settings, sms, maps and etc" only cydia icon, so i tried to rejailbreak and now it can't come out of recovery mode. if anyone can help me out i would really appreciate. i will even donate for help. thank you in advance video wiil be available soonhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm6nEjjRkJ8
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    Hi I have a iphone 3g firmware 4.1, baseband - 0.5.14.02 and bootloader 5.9 wanna unlock it i am a novice can any one help me by publishing step by step procedure and also update me wether it can be unlocked.Thanks
  • King
    King Posts: 27
    via Wordpress
    someone please answer my question my iphone 3g is on bb 05.13 on custom 4.1 i want to update to 4.2.1. Do i need to update my baseband to 6.15 to unlock it on 4.2.1?? or will i be able to use redsnow to update to ios 4.2.1 without upgrading my baseband??
  • Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    I have a 3gs with the new bb 5.12.....It is already jailbroken but when I use redsnow....it works right up until waiting for reboot, then it just hangs....any thoughts or suggestions are welcome
  • Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    how long does the waiting for reboot lasts?mine is taking forever
  • jack thomas
    jack thomas Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Thanks to Dev team, you have complete your promise by releasing new version of ios i.e. 4.2.1. now it becomes easy to unlock iphone.
  • Hem
    Hem Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I get "Baseband fetching error". Can you help me to comeout of this problem.It is iPhone 3gs with 4.2.1 and I tried with RedSn0W on windows XP.Thanks,Hem