Unlock For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G On iOS 4.2.1 Released [Updated]

Comments

• Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I have Iphone 3GS and had no problem with the loading the 4.2.1 firmware and baseband 06.15.00...my problem is the unlock with ultrasn0w. When I open cydia and navigate to the ultrasn0w, I only have ultrasnow 1.1-1 available. I need the 1.2 version to unlock. I have even tried to manually enter the repo and still it doesn't have the updated ultrasnow 1.2 version...Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  • WRONG INFO
    WRONG INFO Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Dude if you read the dev blog you would know that the iPhone 4 is still yet to be unlocked, NO1 CAN UNLOCK THE IPHONE4 CURRENTLY the devs have found an exploit but are still working on it like the title says this is for iPhone 3G/S not any other iDevice.So next time read the question asked before actually providing information, and read the information that was provided by any Team/Hacker etc.(Dont take this the wrong way)
  • aixcel
    aixcel Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    got the same problem while redsnow still jailbreaking my phone my computer suddenly shutdown and is already finished installing baseband 6.15 on my phone....tried to restore through itunes got an error (1015)...somebody help me pls....i can't use my iphone 3gs now....
  • aixcel
    via Wordpress
    i have a problem while redsnow still jailbreaking my phone my computer suddenly shutdown and is already finished installing baseband 6.15 on my phone….tried to restore through itunes got an error (1015)…somebody help me pls….i can’t use my iphone 3gs now….
  • Iphone3gs New bootrom
    via Wordpress
    I had same problem.Point is that you must ran redsn0w again and only check option "Just boot Tethered right now" and follow instructions after that(for me dosent worked).After that I run Redsn0w again and pointed it to 4.1 firmware and everithing was fine. If I helped I am gladPS:Iphone is 3Gs with new bootrom
  • aixcel
    via Wordpress
    mate, mine it works back to normal now but i restore to 3.1.3 because i saved my shsh...when i try to downgrade into 3.1.3 through itunes it took several minutes to restore when its nearly finished i got an error to restore to 3.1.3...but what i did i tried to open the redsnow then run it, browse firmware 4.1 and followe the instruction....after using redsnow my phone goes back to 3.1.3 firmware but the baseband is in ipad 6.15.....
  • Mav
    Mav Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Will this jailbreak my iPhone 3G on IOS 4.2.1 that is running on 5.15.04? I have never jailbroken it before.
  • Enoch
    Enoch Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    What a wanker, go back to your N95 mate.
  • THUMPPER1211
    THUMPPER1211 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    i jailbroke and unlocked my 3g 4.1 fw 06.15 works on tmobile but had some issues with mms fix. once i did that i tried to download winterboard and it dont let me. anyone know what the problem might be? not being able to install winterboard sucks.
  • mikedee5ky
    mikedee5ky Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    man my phone is stuck in recovery mode and it keeps cuttin off and this is terrible i did the redsnow unlock and it still wont work i have a 3gs 4.2.1 and im stuck in recovery please help im begging pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • helpme
    helpme Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Guyz, i have intalled 4.1 with ipad baseband BUT Maps of iphone are showing wrong location to me,, even the Phone Trackers Fun apps are also showing wrong loction. Both Maps and other apps showing me same loction which is 10km away fom my original location...Wat is da Prblm....Did anybody have same issue, 3 days ago i m using 4.0.1 with 5.14.02 and Maps and other apps are working Perfeclty.......WTF,,,,What Should I do....please advice me Guyz..Thnx,,,Please give your 1 minute to my Qs...
  • living4angel
    living4angel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Guyz, i have intalled 4.1 with ipad baseband BUT Maps of iphone are showing wrong location to me,, even the Phone Trackers Fun apps are also showing wrong loction. Both Maps and other apps showing me same loction which is 10km away fom my original location...Wat is da Prblm....Did anybody have same issue, 3 days ago i m using 4.0.1 with 5.14.02 and Maps and other apps are working Perfeclty.......WTF,,,,What Should I do....please advice me Guyz..Thnx,,,Please give your 1 minute to me...
  • living4angel
    living4angel Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Guyz, i have intalled 4.1 with ipad baseband BUT Maps of iphone is not showing exact loction, It pin 10km away from my orgnl place. Both Maps and other apps showing me wrong loction...Wat is da Prblm....Did anybody have same issue, 3 days ago i m using (only Jailbroken not unlocked) 4.0.1 with 5.14.02 and Maps and other apps are working Perfeclty.......WTF,,,,What Should I do....please advice me Guyz..Thnx,,,Please give your 1 minute to me...
  • RCGcebu
    RCGcebu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Iphone dev. Team said you can not downgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.1 right? Guess what i have dowgraded my iphone3g os from 4.2.1 to 4.1 with baseband 6.15 ( of course) but the problem is ultrasnow 1.2 is not compatible with OS 4.1. My 3G is extremely laggy! I cant even slide slider on the lock screen. But I know and i have experience this the same problem when my baseband is still 5.14 / 5.15 and install ultrasnow 1.2. I just want know guys that 4.2.1 is downgradable. Now il try to downgrade to 3.1.3!
  • ashBEL
    ashBEL Posts: 14
    via Wordpress
    There is an ETA for the iphone 4 unlock??? Thanks for the reply!!!
  • dondon41
    dondon41 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    My 3G iOS 4.1 has bb 6.15, It is jailbroken but after installed ultrasnow 1.2 to unlock it it will become extremely laggy.it is even hard to slide the slider on the lockscreen. i downgraded it from 4.2.1
  • dondon41
    via Wordpress
    I have successfully downgraded my 3G from 4.2.1 to 4.1 with bb 6.15! unlocked! and it is Untethered!
  • dondon41
    via Wordpress
    There is no available Pwnage Tool for 3G that will preserve your 5.13.04, only for 3gs is avaible. If you update it to iOS 4.2.1 your baseband will be 5.15.02,and it's unlockable. If you so you will be force to update your baseband from 5.14.02 to 6.5 to unlock it. So "DON'T MESS UP YOUR CURRENT BASEBAND!" 4.2.1 is not worth updating. Some have problem with battery, Airprint is not working, I've tried it on my 3G. if you want to update, just 4.1. iOS 4.1 will make your iPhone3G better in speed. And it is almost the same as 4.2.1. "DO NOT UPDATE or RESTORE YOUR PHONE DIRECTLY WITH iOS 4.1" which you downloaded from iTunes it will update the BB to 5.15.02. Only Restore with CUSTOM FIRMWARE build using SNOWBREEZE 2.1. Snowbreeze will not update the BB. CUSTOM FIRMWARE build has pre-jailbreak and pre-activated bundles.
  • Romania
    Romania Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    easy peasy unlocking lads, here's how:I have 3G os 4.2.1 i used macbook pro iTunes 101.download latest pwnage tool2.download iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Custom_Restore.ipsw3. run pwnage tool and cook yer own ipsw4. follow the pwnage tool instructions5. after you enter DFU successfully, iTunes will popup asking you to restore your iphone.6. restore iphone to the factory settings (the cooked ipsw will automatically upload to your iphone)7. after the restore you'll see the USB cable and iTunes logo on your iphone, dont worry, insert a valid sim card and activate your iphone as instructed by iTunes.8. the trick is that a lot of people have stopped here. You'll need to reboot the iphone several times and disconnect and reconnect to you computer.9. after a few reboots, the iphone booted nicely up10. open cydia, go to menu, click the middle icon and scroll to ultrasn0w repo http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and install it. Follow the instructions and reboot when instructed. I suggest you connect with your wifi do download faster11. get you Tmobile card and replace the ATT, it will say No Service, you'll need to reboot again. After the reboot it will say Searching.... for about 3-5min then it will connect to Tmobile network. That's it. Hats off to the hackers, good job!!!!
  • djlest
    djlest Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    IM GONNA TELL YOU A SECRET...DO YOU KNOW WHY APPLE HAVE SUDDENLY MADE THINGS SO HARD FOR JAILBREAKERS?They have a new member of staff working for them - and this particular member of staff...we all once knew as a GREAT IPHONE HACKER...Now he has gone over to the DARKSIDE...For a lot of money i belive!!!It doesnt take a genius to figure out who i mean...do the maths people...
  • 3GS_5.14.02 User
    3GS_5.14.02 User Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    3GS, 5.14.02, 4.1 iphone and after PwnageTool 4.1.3 Unlock Edition builds the 4.1/06.15.00 ipsw the DFU iTunes restore fails restore verification with Apple server with the error msg "...This device isn't eligible for the requested build."Am I missing something? Thank you!
  • 3GS_5.14.02 User
    3GS_5.14.02 User Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Worked fine with Redsnow though...
  • GeoGr
    GeoGr Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Ok one question for you dudes. I am totally lost. I have a 3G ver. 3.1.3 firmware 5.14.02. Cant unlock it. What do I do ? Cant make any sense with what I read.Please somebody that really knows, give me an idea.Thank you
  • david bruce
    david bruce Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I just jailbroke my iphone 3g running ios 4.2.1 and ran the ultrasnow 1.2 to try and unlock but getting no service. in your blog you mention that i ultrasnow 1.2 does not unlock firmware 05.15.04. where can i download the new redsnow that will upgrade to 6.15?Thanks
  • gio
    gio Posts: 16
    via Wordpress
    hello dev-team: my only concern is that, there is no unlock for iPhone 4. me and my brother live in Europe (Georgia). we both got our iphone 4s as a gift from USA, but both of them are locked to version 4.1. i became an expert :) coming to this site each end every day. we've been waiting for unlock for about 4-5 months know. it is kind of uncool to have a $1000 phone and not be able to use it. if you guys can develop something like imei unlock or something, you can make a fortune by donations, simply let us donate first and than give us a code, we all trust you. if not, than can you at list please, I'm begging you tell me a decant website where i can unlock officially from apple itself, for about $100. there are many sites, but mostly they are saying that "the unlock is for specified country and specified carrier" in my country Georgia there are only "magti, geocell and belain carriers". please help me out, I'm exhausted by waiting. thank you in advance. you can also email me if you wish: dato1222@yahoo.com. thank you aain
  • Apel
    Apel Posts: 62
    via Wordpress
    Any news on iPhone 4?
  • portland503
    portland503 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Ok guys- first off let me say you guys are awsome. got to love technology now a days. I have a iphone 3G 8GB currently on t-mobile with 3.1.2 i would like to reboot this thing due to problems with cydia and it is running slow lately, what OS should i go for that is reliable? and how should i go about unlocking/jailbreaking this using jailbreakme.com???? any help would be greatly appretiated. thanks
  • carol schwab
    carol schwab Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello, i've done the unlock in a 3g iphone running 4.2.1 and with 6.15.00 baseband with ultrasnow. After that, I've got no service at all. I've already tried to restore all settings, but wasn't succesfull. could you please help me? tks
  • adil
    adil Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    so the only way to unlock iphone 3g on 4.1, 5.14.02 bb is to update to the ipad firmware?
  • Spott
    Spott Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 3Gs running 4.0.2 firmware with BB 05.13.04, jailbroken, unlocked and stuff... but the problem is that it either shows NO SERVICE at all, or sometimes shows one or two bars of GSM service. I think that updating the BB might solve my problem, but I can't find if it's possible just to update the baseband and to keep the current firmware? Because updating the firmare up to 4.1 or 4.2.1 and unlocking it using the 06.15 baseband might lead to even worst consequence - no GSM signal at all.Of course, the antenna may be the reason for this, but the phone is new and i never dropped it and stuff, so I suppose all the hardware is fine.Anyone has any ideas? please!