How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4/3GS Without Updating Baseband Using Redsn0w For

Comments

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress
    For Iphone 3GS, Will this work on both bootrom's? New and Old? Thanks
  • terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress
    Hi,Will this solution work for new iPhone 3GS 8GB with Toshiba baseband? I recently purchased a new iPhone 3GS manufactured in 2011, 43rd week . (Serial # xx143XXXXX, modem firmware: 05.16.05; version: 5.0)May I use this software to unlock the same? Please reply.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Where in the world in the "Extras button" when i launch the redsn0w application?? I cant find it any where help!!
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    i confirm that ... i run redsn0w on Windows 7 installed on va irtual machine in my windows xp to do the custom ipsw file
  • Hark
    Hark Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello guys,I'm a little confused reading the guide and all the comments.I have an iphone 3gs with official ios5.0.1 and modemfirmware 05.16.05which guide do i need to follow? At the moment it is possible to put both a t-mobile and vodafone simcard in it and make a call.Please if anybody can help me out.Regards, Mark
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    No dice on Windows XP for me either. Memory exhausted
  • pradeep
    pradeep Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Hi I have iphone 3gs +4.2.1 iso +bb 6.15.0. I want to upgrade to iso 5.0.1. I will try above instruction. but i have one question. there is no option specify about untethered. The latest RedSnow will automatically do during installation or i have to rerun tool again.Please help
  • shrikant
    shrikant Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    :-* :-* :-* Flawless.... upgraded iphone 3gs oldbootrom withiOS 5.0.1 without updating the baseband 05.13.04. then jailbreaked and then unlocked. Thanks DEV team. Tips for others: 1. Read read and read as may related post as possible. 2. Also read the comments, and try to analyse and read any other post which you feel can be of help. 3. backup and shsh back up using tiny umbrella.4. Again read 5 times al the steps and understand... Thanks all for making this possible ...
  • r4rennie
    r4rennie Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    When I try to create the custom firmware file it says "you must have an iPhone 3gs or iPhone 4 and then it doesn't create NO_BB file for me?????
  • Ka C
    Ka C Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My Iphone 3GS is on bootrom version 359.3.2 and IOS 4.0.1 which is already jailbroken and unlocked. Will this guide work in my case?
  • James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress
    I am a neophyte jail-breaker and you can color me a bit confused. I have an Apple-unlocked 3GS (that is I bought it unlocked at an Apple store) ver 5.0.1 (9A405), modem 05.16.05. The 2nd paragraph of this article states "In this guide, we will take you through the step by step procedure to jailbreak iPhone running iOS 5.0.1 without updating the baseband using Redsn0w," and that sounds exactly like what I want to do as even though my phone is unlocked for voice I cannot change the proxy push, authentication, and GPRS values necessary to use my providers Data Service. Under "This Guide is meant for..." is a bullet stating "This guide is only applicable if you haven't upgraded to iOS 5.0.1." So being that my 3GS is 'out-of-the-box' 5.0.1, I should not have any problems jail-breaking it using Redsn0w 0.9.10b5c. Now to my question: Has anyone jail-broken, or know of someone who has jail-broken, an Apple unlocked iPhone with Redsn0w 0.9.10.b5c, and if so, what was the result? Given the procedure does not mess with the baseband, I presume it should work just fine... but I don't want to be the first to find out that Apple has done something that would cause Redsn0w to break factory-unlocked iPhones. The fact that Apple sells a "UNLOCKED" phone but does not allow for changing web-service values as Cydia does is worrysome. Turning my phone into a paper weight would piss me off.
  • Joshua Workman
    Joshua Workman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I am currently using a 3GS new bootrom, with baseband 05.11.07 and iOS 4.1 unlocked using ultrasnow. I am trying to upgrade to atleast 4.3.2 or higher and continue with unlock and baseband preservation. I have used redsnow, downloaded the ipsw and used tinyumbrella. While running iTunes shift+restore it stops and gives me error 1604 and wont go further. I have tried moving it to different USB ports with no prevail. Is there a fix for this, sitting at 4.1 is keeping me from moving to newer apps. I highly appreciate the help.
  • Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress
    Did you ever find a way around the 3194?I turned off the firewall(if that would even make a diff) and Im pretty sure i keep putting it into DFU correctly
  • Shelly
    Shelly Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    Hello-I am somewhat new at updating my iphone to the newest IOS. I had an older iphone and could always find a video or something that walked me through it step by step, but just so unsure now that I have my 3gs. So what I have is a 3gs unlocked/jailbroken on 4.3.2 it did hare the 06.15.00 baseband when I got it. I’ve had NO issues with the phone, but so would love to get it updated. I’ve just been scared and unsure with so many different things stated out there about bootroms etc… Can anyone be of help to me in letting me know if this will be a sure bet way to get my phone updated to the 5.0 IOS, for my particular situation? Thank you SO MUCH in advance for any help you can give me.Thank you!
  • Princessa
    Princessa Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    how can i change my iphone 4.3.5 to 5.0.1 and then get cydia
  • Rahul
    Rahul Posts: 17
    via Wordpress
    after putting my iPhone 3GS on dfu mode..when i open my itunes d itnues says dat d iphone is in recovery mode and all d fields such as software version, seriel no. etc are n/a..What to do M not able to recover d way its mentioned in ur post..It just gives me d option to recover from d original apple
  • Sam C.
    Sam C. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hello guys, I have an iPhone 4. I have not hacked it yet. I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy 4g with tMobile. My question is, If I hack my iPhone, will I be able to use my data plan and make use of my internet on the iPhone? Also, will I be able to update the iPhone OS whenever there are new software updates available? What about the App Store? Will i be able to download apps without problems?I know these may be very basic questions, but I am not too familiar with hacking stuff. Thanks!
  • Negia
    Negia Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Oh my gosh, need help please asap. I tried jailbreaking my iphone 4 just now and it would not turn on again. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it please.Thanks
  • DaRkos
    DaRkos Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    same still get the error ant sug ???
  • DaRkos
    via Wordpress
    i try all the impassibility last itunes another Windows enter to pwnd dfu and the normal dfu even the Recovery mode add # after 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com turn off the firewall create custom by Redsnow and Sn0wBreaze Still get 1600 Error ???WTF
  • DaRkos
    via Wordpress
    try ultrasnow china
  • Poor tethered guy
    via Wordpress
    hey, i have a tether ipod at the moment, so if i use a untether jailbreak over the tethered ipod, will anything bad happen, would i lose everything i have download?
  • crzygrl4u
    crzygrl4u Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi! I've been trying to jailbreak this iPhone 4 (iOS 5.0.1) on a win7. However, I keep on getting error 1641 (The iPhone could not be restored because the firmware file is not compatible). I already tried to turn off firewall and looked at the hosts file (there was nothing on it). Is the only solution to try a different laptop?Thanks
  • bruno
    bruno Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    HiI followed all steps, but when I'm on DFU MODE and start itunes to upload the new ipsw always pressing shift key, itunes always checks the ipsw with apple and can't move on.The iphone is already jailbrokenPlease some help. Thank you
  • PELS
    PELS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    "No identifying data was found" Error:If auto-detection fails and you get the "No identifying data was found" error message when you use Redsn0w then you need to manually select the iOS 5.0.1 firmware file before following the step by step instructions mentioned above. To select the firmware file manually follow these steps: Download the appropriate iOS 5.0.1 firmware file for your iOS device: iPhone 4 GSM - iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw iPhone 4 CDMA - iPhone3,3_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw iPhone 3GS - iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw Click on Extras instead of Jailbreak Then click on the Select IPSW button Select the iOS 5.0.1 firmware file that you had just downloaded.I'm a little bit confused with this, if I select the correct firmware for my device, will my device restore to the firmware I just selected from there? I need this because I'm having problem installing Spire. Whenever I install Spire from i4Siri, after installation it requires a reboot, then on the reboot i'm stuck on the apple logo forever. So I restored to custom ipsw 5.0.1 without the Spire tweak.
  • Malik
    Malik Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    im gettin error 3194 again and again in itunes while upgradig my iphone 3gs 4.1 with baseband 06.15.00
  • Ahmed Hussein Khalifa
    via Wordpress
    My jailbroken iphone is always restarting when i enter any application so what i can do to fix itplsssssss reply:D
  • Aron
    Aron Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    I got a i phone 4 runin 5.0.1 after jailbreaking it using redsnow( am not sure ifi did nway) am left with a white cydia icon now wat next?? Yua help will be apreciated please!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    Can i set up this as a new iphone?
  • Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress
    can i set up as a new iphone?