How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4/3GS Without Updating Baseband Using Redsn0w For

Comments

• luna
    luna Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    guys, urgent help needed! i did something really stupid with my iphone.so i used to do jailbreaking with my ipod touch, now it is jailbroken on ios 5.0.1, so i thought the steps i did on the ipod touch works the same on iphone 4 as well.and so first i updated the iphone's firmware to 5.0.1 and jailbreak it using redsnow. i didnt realise that i had to make custom ipsw first, so the iphone already in ios 5.0.1 and been through jailbreaking process and it is now stuck on Recovery Mode.I tried to restore it but it just couldnt restore. Pleeeaaaseee help me, i'm dead stuck!
  • Imran Chagani
    Imran Chagani Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Can anybody tell me while performing untethered jailbreak on iPhone 3GS on Windows 7 platform, shall Redsn0w.exe be run directly or in Windows XP compatibility mode?
  • Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    Update to 5.01 already and my Baseband still 4.10.01 but when is put Gevey Sim in , it always appear Invalided Sim . Please help :(
  • Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroke my iphone4 today using this guide for "untethered", turns out as soon as i finished running the application, it lets me know that i have just jailbroken my phone as "tethered"...WTF?! im running iOS5 and thought id get an untethered jailbreak....
  • dablo
    dablo Posts: 29
    via Wordpress
    POD2G recommended that we update to 5.0.1. I would like to do this so I do not miss out on the opportunity to jailbreak my device when it is released but… How, if in any way, can i update from 5.0 to 5.0.1 and preserve my 1.0.11 baseband? I have searched google far + wide and I can not find the answer to this question. Would someone who knows what they are talking about, pleace enlighten me with your knowledge. I’d greatly appreciate it.!
  • ratedking
    ratedking Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I don't know if other people have the same problem as me, but when I go to change my wallpaper I am greeted with a black screen where the other wallpaper options used to be.
  • Gargoylewiz
    Gargoylewiz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Having problems. I have already redsn0w_win_0.9.9b8 with ios 5.0; when i put in DFU mode i get "the iphone could not be restored" error 1604
  • ekeke
    ekeke Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hi guys, does anyone now's if there's going to be an updated version of Pwnage to upgrade to 5.0.1, to me Redsn0w is too complicated and I've always used Pwnage (not saying anything negative about Redsn0w) don't want to upset anyone's feeling, just wondering. Thanks
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    anyone else having a mental message tone as if ur getting like 10 sms's at the same time?
  • yaCHim
    yaCHim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I jailbraked my 3GS as per the instructions, also installed ultrasn0w and corona 5.0.1 untethered 1.0.3 but my iPhone 5.0.1 (9A405) with 05.16.05 BB is not able to detect my network. I got Searching... message for the whole time.It was used in US with AT&T and trying it now in Europe without success.Can anyone tell me if it's really possible to unlock my 3GS ?
  • A Greek guy
    A Greek guy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I upgraded my 3GS from iOS 4.3.3, but I couldn' t install many of the applications I was running correctly on the mentioned version. I spitted blood to make "****" work correctly, the "iphonedelivery" for the SMS delivery reporting, was hanging the messages application until I uninstalled it from Cydia... Generally, I wouldn' t recommend making the leap from the very stable 4.3.3 to this freakin' problematic 5.0.1. At least not until they update the appropriate applications in order to work with the new iOS, or something. If you don' t have concerns regarding future versions compatibility of appstore applications(I mean to require at least iOS 5), then you should NOT touch the 4.3.3 version.
  • CW
    CW Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I was stuck with 1600 and modifying the host addresslike this helped me out #74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
  • iPh.4 NeWb
    iPh.4 NeWb Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 4 (32GB), firmware 5.0.1 (was restored to this before i got this phone). Its locked to AT&T and never been jailbroken as far as I know. Baseband is 04.11.08 like most folks frustrated with this particular situation. There is no Gevey Sim for this out yet either. Dev, what can someone like myself do in this situation? I have come to this link to jailbreak without updating baseband, but I fear the unknown noticing others with problems with bootloops, and worse. Id appreciate some light on this subject, or to what extent I can unock or jailbreak at the moment, and IF there is anything out there that can support my dilemma.Mllion thanks in advance, been waiting for a few weeks like this now.. quite frustrating.
  • kishor
    kishor Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    what a great post, i successfully Jailbroken my iphone 3GS 5.0.1 Unthethered,
  • lourash
    lourash Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    please help !!! itunes keep saying the iphone cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable. my internet connection is fine an i can even access the apple store and download application on the internet
  • Hussein
    Hussein Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Vinny, your a life saver....i had the exact same problem, then after reading all the comments and all the blogs, i got no answer..then i found your simple solution and it worked like a charm!!Now all i have to do is to figure out how to hacktivate my iphone...any ideas?
  • Gregory
    Gregory Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I installed using Redsn0w, but no cydia icon. anybody had the same problem? I had already installed 3 times and nothing happened.
  • zasz
    zasz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hi i have an 3gs with ipad base band....i've upgraded to 5.0.1 with the latest redsn0w. it work fine...no errors..but i am stuck with the set up screen..i bypass the set up screen with the emergency call and my home screen its there nice..but here appear the problem.after the phone it locks and i try to slide to unlock it pop up the F$$$$ set up screen. any ideea how to bypas or skip the setup screen for good?ty vm
  • jacob d
    jacob d Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i screwed up and the host files on my jb ipod are wrong and safari won't work HELP, what are the orig. host file look like or what is it
  • jacob d
    jacob d Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i tried and it kept saying sorry i don't work
  • FoGSoftware
    FoGSoftware Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have an iPhone 3GS that was jailbroken to 4.3.3 and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. Everything was working fine. Now I tried to jailbreak on 5.0.1 but I'm stuck on the activation screen asking for a valid sim card. What can I do from there ?Thanks !FG
  • iPh.4 NeWb
    via Wordpress
    Hey l33k3d!nfo,did you get a response from anyone? I am also stuck at 5.0.1 with 04.11.08 baseband, which was restored before given to me. Never jailbroken before. I understand that Ultrasnow is used for unlocking, where Redsnow for Jailbreaking. Still unsure if I should go ahead and carry on with this process with the kind of errors people are running into. Not everyone, but that fact that they DO encounter problems means I could be one of them as well. Will never know unless I try, which im not willing at the moment unless a solid procedure/software guideline is available for our situation. Would appreciate an update/follow-up if you have one.
  • iPh.4 NeWb
    via Wordpress
    Hey Dave,any luck at your front with the 04.11.08 unlock? I guess theres still no unlock feature in Redsnow, Snowbreeze for 04.11.08, but i gather the JB will work on our iPhone's if we are at 5.0.1 as "i0x13h" has mentioned below, but without call features.Does JB'ing 5.0.1 affect FACETIME features? Currently I can use that off wifi spots with no problems.. id rather stay locked until something comes out that wont affect this feature in particular.Thanks.
  • Ron
    Ron Posts: 69
    via Wordpress
    I think baseband 06.15.00, 05.13.04 or below are supported by ultrasn0w for iOS 5.0.1.. should upgrade to 06.15.00 if your iphone has baseband 05.14.xx or 05.15.xx but others said gps functionality may be lost for that upgrade.. you can research on how to downgrade baseband to 05.13.04 but not sure if possible so gps will still be functioning... not sure if there is already fix to that gps issue.. that's why i have restored my iphone 3gs to my to iOS 5.0.1 with its current baseband 05.13.04. hope this helps..
  • Ron
    via Wordpress
    try if there are any word "apple" in your hosts file (located in C:\system32\drivers\etc\). If there is, back up that file then open as admin in a notepad and remove that line or even everything... so it is clean.. save and restart PC(some pc didn't need restart so you can try again restoring before restarting)... if this doesn't work you can put back the original hosts file. make sure your itunes is also the latest version... hope this helps..
  • Ron
    via Wordpress
    I think baseband 06.15.00, 05.13.04 or below are supported by ultrasn0w for iOS 5.0.1.. should upgrade to 06.15.00 if your iphone has baseband 05.14.xx, 05.15.xx or 05.16.xx but others said gps functionality may be lost for that upgrade.. you can research on how to downgrade baseband to 05.13.04 but not sure if possible so gps will still be functioning… not sure if there is already fix to that gps issue.. that’s why i have restored my iphone 3gs to my to iOS 5.0.1 with its current baseband 05.13.04. hope this helps..
  • Ron
    via Wordpress
    just try and remove it.. update also your itunes
  • Naveen
    Naveen Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Works like a charm...!! Waiting for Ultrasn0w next version to unlock my 3GS firmware 05.16.02. Thanks a looooooooooooot Dev Team for your hardwork...!!!
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    I am having difficulty starting the processs.. I begin the Jailbreak process holding down pwr for 3 sec then keeping it held down holding home key for 10 and letting go of power while holding home key redsn0w says waiting for reboot my phone reboots and nothing happens. phone is like nothing every happens.. any help would be great
  • jomeezy
    jomeezy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    After doing this on my 3gs it's asking to be activated. When I right click the phone in iTunes, it just says Eject. There was no mention of activating in the tutorial. How can I fix this?