How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4/3GS Without Updating Baseband Using Redsn0w For

Comments

• Garett
    Garett Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I did a successful jailbreak and unlock on an iPhone 4 to iOS 5.0.1. I live in Germany and need to use a Vodafone SIM. The phone works but none of the notifications or push works. I read that I can use SAM to fix this but the repo to download it does not work. It times out every time. Two questions:Is there any other way to fool the system into thinking I have an AT&T card to activate?I have an AT&T SIM from the phone that is on hold back in the States. Would it work to call AT&T and reactivate my SIM then re-jailbreak with that SIM in the phone. Then when it is all JB and unlocked, switch back to my Vodafone SIM?I would rather not re-JB, but a phone without push notifications is pointless. Anyone with similar issues or know a fix? Thanks
  • Stan
    Stan Posts: 192
    via Wordpress
    YES FOOL were all unlcoked jailbroken and laffing in the owers of 4s's face MUASHAHAHAOOH I FANCY A GAME ON MY IPHONE......YOUD HAVE TO PAY 9 QWID FOR IT SORRY U CANT PLAY
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
    GO TO REDSNOWCLIK EXTRASCLIKE JUST BOOT FOOLW COMMANDS AND THATS ITINSTALL CORNIOA OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
    UPDATE YOUR ITUNES
  • Stan
    via Wordpress
  • sad_red
    sad_red Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Created a custom ipsw for my 3gs (old bootrom), restored using itunes and now stuck in a dfu loop.can't use the device :(just a heads up if you have similar setup.
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    in Step 1, the links are reversed for windows and Mac...just an FYI
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    In costa rica just did update an jailbreak on two 3gs an iphone4 ,, at first got erro1600 . Try rieb to get by it .did. Not work ,, open host file an found 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com an #127.0.0.1gs apple .com never seen this before so I delete them ,, ,use redsnow for dfu ,.an shift restore in apple all work just like it should . So it may be good to check you host file first an save you a head ach later .. We would like to thank alll for there work on this jailbreak an unlock . An like many waiting for the iPad jailbreak. An unlock for the 4.11.08 baseband .Wish there was away to get a factory unlock for the many phone here on AT&T ,maybe in the new year thank
  • Madas
    Madas Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I keep getting 3194 error on my 3GS.it was put on dfu properly and I turned off my firewall and still get the same error
  • streemline68
    streemline68 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    is there instructions missing? is there a step inbetween step 10 and 11 missing? after the custom ipsw is created what do i do? do i launch itunes and use the custom firmware? im currently on 4.0.1 (3gs old bootrom).
  • Nero
    Nero Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    plssss.. send me a all the firmware of iphone because it has a large memory, i cant download it .. coz i use only broadband stick.. :DD PLsssss ... heres my email: christ.nero@yahoo.com .. TY :))
  • Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress
    When I run RedSn0w and get to the screen where the dialogue box prompts me to either Install Cydia or do the custom bundle, the top part is saying choose an option for your iPhone3,3_5.0 but I have an iPhone4 on iOS5, and when I did this step last time before I restored it back the icon was white. I followed the necessary troubleshooting steps and it isn't working, I need help!!
  • is
    is Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    please guide me how to clear host file on win7 i am getting 1600 error all the time when i am trying to update from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1.even i have turned my win firwalls.please help
  • is
    via Wordpress
    please guide me how to clear host file on win7 i am getting 1600 error all the time when i am trying to update from 4.3.3 to 5.0.1.even i have turned my win firewall.please help
  • is
    via Wordpress
    Thanks a TONits working thanks thanks thanksGR8 work keep it up
  • Biver
    Biver Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    You have the links reversed. The Windows link is for the Mac Redsn0w and vice versa.Step 1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Windows from this link and Redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for Mac from this link and save the application in a folder named "Redsn0w" on your desktop.
  • l33k3d!nfo
    l33k3d!nfo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I have the 4.11.08 baseband on ios 5 as well. Does anyone know how to both jailbreak and unlock???
  • Enigma
    Enigma Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Steps to be followed. This worked for me when i encountered the 1600 or 11 error.1. Create a custom ipsw using the redsnow.2. Launch redsnow->extras->Pwned DFU3. Restore with iTunes Should work.
  • jimihendrix465
    jimihendrix465 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    does anyone else experience lag after updating and jailbreaking 5.0.1? this is my first time using 5.0.1 and i notice everything takes longer to load. After enabling a theme, the lockscreen takes a while to load after respringing, it's basically instant in previous ios versions but now it takes a few seconds for it to load.
  • Nero
    Nero Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    uhmm ... PLsssssss......................... and Kindly Send me a iPhone2,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw .. because i cant download it .. i use only broadband stick.. and it has a high Memory.. i need it now... Thank you!! :DDDD
  • Ozzy
    Ozzy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey guys i followed the instructions exactly and while i was syncing it my Iphone 3GS is saying that i have no service. Any clues on how i can resolve this?
  • Ozzy
    Ozzy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Hey how did you preserve it? i am getting a no service sign and im not sure why or how to fix it. i followed to steps exactly.
  • Erik
    Erik Posts: 47
    via Wordpress
    Ok. I've done everything. I believe I have received every error here. I don't consider myself a rookie seeing as I've been running Jailbroken for about 3 years. I guess my real issue is, I've always used PWNGE custom Firmwares to upgrade. I've never updated the baseband on my I4. My current firmware version is the tethered 5.0 (9A334), with BB 3.10.01.I've changed the hosts file on my mac, both to and from Saurik's server. The error I've been getting is The Update Server is currently unavailable. I've commented everything out in the hosts file. I've left only 127.0.0.1 gs.apple uncommented and tried that. I've tried Saurik's server with TinyUmbrella. I've tried without Saurik's and Tiny. Usually when I run it with Tiny I get Error Code 10 or 11. When I don't run Tiny I get the update server is unavailable. I created the custom firmware with RedSn0w and tried to use that in iTunes and get the server is unavailable. I've created a custom firmware with Pwnge and I get This device is not elligible for this upgrade. I read here to try it on another computer. I tried it on my Windows 7x64 machine (Not Boot Camp), and I got error code 1600. I've also tried to go into Cydia and use the 5.0.1 Corona. It won't let me download that b/c I'm not running 5.0.1 as a minimum requirement. I've really ran to my last thread. Is there something I'm missing or any other suggestions? Thanks in advanced.
  • sergio
    sergio Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    hey Dev, I am having trouble unlocking my iPhone 3GS. It is already jailbroken with the latest update, I have the 5.0.1 software, the baseband is 05.16.05 and it is a mexican iPhone used with Telcel, and I am trying to unlock it to get it to work with an U.S. carrier.
  • DOOM26
    DOOM26 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Anyone know if this guide works for CDMA Verizon iPhones? I read at the top it's a guide for GSM users only..I need to preserve my baseband as well (1.0.06 ..is this an early firmware?) and I'm researching as much as possible to make sure everything goes right. If I update to iOS 5.0.1 on my phone, will it also update the firware? Please help and thank you for the advice everyone!
  • Karan Bajaj
    Karan Bajaj Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Hey Roel,Could you help me with the proper procedure you followed?As everytime i start creating custom firmware it shows memory exhausted.
  • Catherine
    Catherine Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Will this work with an iPhone 4 4.3.3 unlocked with a Gevey Sim?
  • Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress
    i can complete 11 but dead in he water when 12... and get error 16..
  • Stefan
    Stefan Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    any solution for gevey users with bb 4.11.08 ???
  • Ben S.
    Ben S. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Same problem.Went from 4.0.2 to custom 5.0.1 with preserved baseband after itunes install phone still in recovery mode.