How To Perform Untethered Jailbreak On Your iPhone 4/3GS Without Updating Baseband Using Redsn0w For

Comments

• Norman
    Norman Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    Just to report another bug. iFile crashed on untethered 5.0.1 using redsn0w.
  • Norman
    via Wordpress
    put the # in front 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com. Then do the restore again.It works for me.
  • Norman
    via Wordpress
    no problem with my facebook app.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    Just double check your MMS and FaceTime. This was a known issue with Baseband 1.59.00 if you kept it when upgrading past 4.2.1. If you didn't use Ultrasnow, you show only one bar of signal. But, keep in mind, this is a display issue only. You really are Getting more than 1 bar. But if you install Ultrasnow, it will show the correct signal, but you'll lose MMS and FaceTime ability. Last I heard, there was no fix that solved both. You had to choose one or the other. I chose to show 1 bar, and keep MMS and FaceTime. Been that way for about 3/4 of a year and my phone works fine despite the display only showing 1 bar all the time. Just learned to live with it.
  • Ingm83
    Ingm83 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    dont work for me , btw thx
  • Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
    Why am I getting an error, "Custom IPSW creation failed" "Memory exhausted"?Please help!!!
  • Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress
    Nope. Sorry. You hav the latest and greatest baseband now, so if your interested in unlocking, you'll have to wait (probably quite a while actually, as they are still trying to unlock the later iOS 4 ones , let alone the new iOS 5 ones.
  • Hmmm
    Hmmm Posts: 45
    via Wordpress
    Is there a tutorial for unlocking with ultrasn0w? Sorry for all the questions, i just don't wanna ruin my phone.
  • EdgarG
    EdgarG Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Would this also pertain to adding repositories unsuccessfully? I tried sinfuliphonerepo to no avail
  • Kader
    Kader Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I disabled the fireware for w7 and still get error 1600. I see something about host files but im not sure what that is. please explainThank you.
  • Kader
    via Wordpress
    you will if you dont custom the fw and keep your bb. I keep having trouble restoring to 5.0.1 though. Seems like i have to clear my host files and I'm not sure what that is.
  • tarugo
    tarugo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    i also have 5.0.1 baseband 04.08.11 unlocked and was never jailbroken. which steps will work fine for this case? pls help
  • Dev
    Dev Posts: 63
    via Wordpress
    Rejailbreak without the gevey chip. After jailbreak and restored from backup reinstall gevey chip.
  • Kader
    via Wordpress
    What steps did you take. I did the same thing and I still get error 1600 please help.
  • Dev
    via Wordpress
    Delete redsnow completely meaning after deleting go into recycle bin or trash and delete there too. Reboot pc/Mac and use Firefox or chrome to download then reinstall. Step 1: Download Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for Windows from this link and Redsn0w 0.9.10b1 for Mac from this link and save the application in a folder named “Redsn0w” on your desktop.
  • Dev
    via Wordpress
    And don't forget to turn off 3G before installing gevey chip.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    Make sure that if u are restoreing to a custom iOS u are in pwned dfu mode if not it will not go thru
  • Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress
    Here is what I did that worked. I followed the above steps to run tinyumbrella, unchecked "set host to cydia on exit" and "request shsh from cydia". This lead me to an Error 11. Once I failed on that error the phone came out of pwned dfu mode and was a kind of darkish blue/black screen. I then killed the tinyumbrella app then followed the steps above shift, click and restore the nobb firmware and it worked.
  • mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress
    wat i did was delete anything after fe80::1%lo0localhostand that seemd to work for me had no problem. try that see if it works
  • dust
    dust Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    After i upgraded to the custom firmware nothing happened and now my phone is stuck in DFU mode. i followed these same steps with my friend who has the same phone, his phone rebooted after the update and he was able to jailbreak. i dont know what to do.
  • John Jonathan Leong
    via Wordpress
    i've previously JB ios5 under Tethered version .. so wanna ask this.. do i have to reinstall to original version to get this Untethered JB??
  • Ingm83
    Ingm83 Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    thx u , i will try this!
  • kingrikstar
    kingrikstar Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    works fine bb preserved 3gs on 5.0.1 but no cydia icon at all????????
  • Expert
    Expert Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    After 24 of using i notice these problems, maybe someone know how to solve it:1. iBooks - after installing it works, but after download iOS 5 manual app crash forever showing same error "reinstall or smth" but it wont help. Fixed only when downloaded ibook fix for ios5 from cydia, but it's not only fix, but with app, so i uninstall original from iStore and using that from cydia without problem.2. Find my iPhone wont work. Everything is enabled and working when we are talking about iCloud, connected, new me.com email is created too, also i try to do me.com/move and i can see my iPhone in iCloud.com "find my iphone" devices list, but it says it's offline, unavailable and wont work, iPhone not receive any sound or messages from there too. Previous with iOS 4.3.1 everything works fine even in iCloud when i login as i remember and with mobile me of course... BTW: location service on iphone works fine, tried to catch signal in outdoor too, everything is fine with it... Phone is always on WiFi and 3G too :>3. Before updating to iOS5 i make bakcup, but... i cant to restore backup via iTUNES ;) it's not so bad, i will have clean iOS5 and rebuilt my programs and files again, but strange... why this problem exist because Apple is guaranteed everything must be fine with it. BTW: now iP4 is faster, smoother and i love it... ;)
  • Expert
    Expert Posts: 10
    via Wordpress
    After 24 of using i notice these problems, maybe someone know how to solve it:1. iBooks - after installing it works, but after download iOS 5 manual app crash forever showing same error "reinstall or smth" but it wont help. Fixed only when downloaded ibook fix for ios5 from cydia, but it's not only fix, but with app, so i uninstall original from iStore and using that from cydia without problem.2. Find my iPhone wont work. Everything is enabled and working when we are talking about iCloud, connected, new me.com email is created too, also i try to do me.com/move and i can see my iPhone in iCloud.com "find my iphone" devices list, but it says it's offline, unavailable and wont work, iPhone not receive any sound or messages from there too. Previous with iOS 4.3.1 everything works fine even in iCloud when i login as i remember and with mobile me of course... BTW: location service on iphone works fine, tried to catch signal in outdoor too, everything is fine with it... Phone is always on WiFi and 3G too :>3. Before updating to iOS5 i make bakcup, but... i cant to restore backup via iTUNES ;) it's not so bad, i will have clean iOS5 and rebuilt my programs and files again, but strange... why this problem exist because Apple is guaranteed everything must be fine with it. BTW: now iP4 is faster, smoother, smarter and i love it... ;)
  • dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress
    The same thing happens to me. Tried multiple times. No go after restore. Stays in DFU mode. Maybe it has something to do with baseband version? Mine is 05.13.04. What baseband version worked for sure?
  • Tareef
    Tareef Posts: 7
    via Wordpress
    Easy as pie .. Thanx Pod2G :D
  • Kupoknight
    Kupoknight Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Im trying to update my iphone 3GS on 4.3.1 with baseband 6.15 to 5.01 but after I created the custom IPSW and when I am restoring on DFU mode and prompts me for an unknown error (11) and can't ujpdate my phone. Hope you guys can help.
  • Zephyr
    Zephyr Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Jailbreak worked. Only problem is the signal shows one bar, though it works just fine as if it had more than one bar. Any way to fix this?
  • Kupoknight
    Kupoknight Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    Successfully updated to 5.0.1