Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated to 2.0.1; Includes Fix For Minor Bugs

System
System Posts: 446
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAbsinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated to 2.0.1; Includes Fix For Minor Bugs

Chronic Dev team has just released a new version of Absinthe Jailbreak (v2.0.1), which includes some minor bug fixes.

If you're having trouble jailbreaking your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch using Absinthe 2.0 then you might want to try to jailbreak again using Absinthe 2.0.1.

Chronic Dev team just tweeted:

some fixes have been pushed for a couple of little bugs, #Absinthe 2.0.1 is now live

Chronic Dev team hasn't provided any details about the bugs they've fixed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress
    still getting an error that this should run as administrator, even though i right click and tell it to do so
  • Samsunged
    Samsunged Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    bleh.. first jailbreak worked but getting a lot of errors with Cydia not downloading certain tweaks.. getting "Hash Sum Mismatch" on some of my purchased tweaks, could this be related?
  • Roman
    Roman Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    A lot of people are going to be getting errors in cydia when trying to install tweaks. The repo servers are getting hammered from all these people Jailbreaking and trying to install tweaks at the same time.
  • Kamy
    Kamy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    It finally worked, thank you dream team and most importantly Thank Allah (S.W.T)
  • Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress
    i hope thats it cause the BigBoss repo isnt loading for me at all and there one of the main 4 i used Absinthe 2.0 i will wait a day and if it isnt fixed i will try 2.01
  • daicacon
    daicacon Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    doe anyone know if the saved SAM unlock activation ticket still work on the new iOS 5.1.1?
  • Kamy
    Kamy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    i`m going to Install my tweaks later on, Recommend others to do so also
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    How can I install 2.0.1 after having already installed 2.0? When I try to install I get the message "ERROR: Device already jailbroken! Detected stash". So far so good, but I rather update to the latest to avoid any unforeseen problems or bugs.
  • Dean Beckett
    Dean Beckett Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    If the jailbreak fails as administrator backup all your things and do a restore from iTunes. Then use absinthe. Worked a treat for me.
  • lilchina
    lilchina Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    if you get an error that you must run as a administrator.1) if you computer is part of a domain then this what I did to get it running2)Hold down shift key then right click on absinthe.exe3)left click on run as a different user4)in user name type in the computername\locaadminusername (meaning the name you gave your computer and the local username that has administrator rights) mine was enaus000XXX\admin5)in password box type in the password for that user6)click Ok and program will run. I had one failure and had to set the compatiblity mode for xp sp3 and run as administrator plus do the above and it all installed
  • jan
    jan Posts: 25
    via Wordpress
    Thank you very much,2.0 was not working for me(missing Cydia icon)but now everythingis ok.Peaple behind Absinthe,how are you doing?Most powerfull company in the worldcant not protect Iphone from jailbraking!You are great.
  • coMet
    coMet Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    It worked for me. But Siri is no longer working... How do we remedy that?
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
    You probably need to enable it via Settings if you had restored your iPhone.
  • Que
    Que Posts: 48
    via Wordpress
    I thank each and every one of you for trying to get this work correctly. You're truly helping the developers work out the bugs. I will download it tomorrow mainly because the donuts in the middle are usually the more fresh :-)
  • nabariba
    nabariba Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    lol siri not working, thats a big deal!
  • Ryu
    Ryu Posts: 21
    via Wordpress
    No issues with 2.0 here (4S ) and xBackup works like a charm all is the way it was with JB iOS5.0. No issues with Siri either.
  • Critter
    Critter Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    ugh. crashes instantly on ML DP3
  • coMet
    coMet Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    It is enabled. It just sits there and spins when I use it and ask it to call....
  • ex
    ex Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    i was having same issue but just keep re-launching Cydia it should work! Cydia is super busy right now..
  • sdfafsd
    sdfafsd Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    It probably means "run as administrator" as conventional operating systems understand it, as opposed to Vista/7's "run as administrator" meaning "run without the UAC restricted token ('Elevated')".Make sure you're "running it as administrator" whilst running it as Administrator: actually log on as an account that has administrator credentials, then right-click and "run as administrator" it.
  • Dufy
    Dufy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Still no iPad 2 2,4. Let's wait some more :(
  • sdfafsd
    via Wordpress
    No way this could be related.Hash sum mismatch is simply that the file it's downloaded does not have the checksum the package list it's downloaded says it should have. If it's happening to loads of packages, either the repository is not serving them correctly, or it didn't download the list of packages correctly and doesn't have the right checksums to compare the packages with.The latter problem can be solved by refreshing your package lists; the former is just a case of waiting for the repository to get its act together.
  • Dufy
    Dufy Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    That's cuz it states 10.5 10.6 10.7 only
  • Paul
    via Wordpress
    im logged in as domain user that is part of the administrative group on this machine. should not have this issue.
  • sdfafsd
    via Wordpress
    AIUI, the jailbreak is the same; it's only the installer that's been updated.Any further updates you'd need to do to the device will likely appear as a Cydia package, like the iBooks fixes for 5.0.1 did.
  • sdfafsd
    via Wordpress
    Maybe you should send him one to test it on?
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    7 times I've tried to jailbreak with absinthe 2.0 & 2.0.1 and 7 times I get "absinthe.exe has stopped working". I'm going to use redsn0w to return to iOS 5.1 then jailbreak it and stay there forever.
  • Paul
    via Wordpress
    you were right though, i logged off and logged back in as administrator, and now it worksThanks
  • Pegger
    Pegger Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    2.0 and 2.0.1 don't work on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4, (and i did try the whle restore in itunes thing etc...) so to get my untethered jailbreak i did the following:- Used latest redsnow to jailbreak it tethered (worked like a charm)- Then use rocky raccoon to make the tethered jailbreak untethered- Done, worked perfect :)
  • Van
    Van Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    I have 5.0.1 jailbroken, can I just update (not full restore) to 5.1.1 and re-jailbreak?