Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated to 2.0.1; Includes Fix For Minor Bugs

123457»

Comments

• Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    Since redsn0w makes iBooks crash I restored my 3GS and used sn0wbreeze v2.9.4 as soon as it was released. I don't know if absinthe affects iBooks on iPhones but I gave up after it crashed 12 times. On the other hand absinthe 2.0.1 worked perfectly the first time on my iPad 2 after a complete restore.
  • Tolga
    Tolga Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    please help me from which website can I download 2.o abstain ?? I can not find it
  • Tre
    Tre Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    You need to restore with 206 version it will work. For now it's working still but we all know that can change. good luck. still stuck un JB
  • Tre
    via Wordpress
    You can still restore but make sure it's 206 version. No errors so far....
  • Tre
    via Wordpress
    restore with version 9B206 & you are back on correct version to JB.stuck un JB but on correct version.
  • Tre
    via Wordpress
    You need to look for version 206 & manually restore it works for now.Still need JB to be fully free.
  • Tre
    via Wordpress
    In same boat. Want to be JB. Keep checking the internet. That's what I'm doing. Best of luck to all still without JB. YOU R NOT ALONE
  • Tre
    via Wordpress
    What i have read so far you need to go back to (9B206) manually add it. Many users are able to get it JB after this. Me still not working JB but not giving up yet.
  • Tre
    via Wordpress
    You need to start all over. Reloading software 5.1.1 9B206. Follow the steps from start of JB. What i have read others are getting it JB. Me still working on it. I will be FREE.
  • Dikushi
    Dikushi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Yes U can, i have updated my iphone 4 from firmware 5.0.1 baseband 04.10.01 To firmware 5.1.1 baseband 04.12.01 and work great Just update your Iphone activate with original sim card if you have , its better for you because Face time don't work if you Hacktivate with redsnow or SAM , than Jailbreak your iphone 4 activated with Absinth 2.0 , Use ifunbox got to /var/root/library/ delete folder named Lockdown , and copy your Lockdown folder of your sim activation ticket , power off your iphone , insert your sim card that you have unlocked with sam , and power on your iphone , thats it
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    Hi everyone, a quickie please: does the warning "stay away if you rely on an unlock" also refers to a network unlock? (not a "factory" unlock tho as my 4s was unlocked by my network)...in other words, if I jailbreak now, will I mantain my unlock?Thanks.
  • ak
    ak Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Will Absinthe works with the newer updated 5.1.1 firmware?
  • Ragnaroc
    Ragnaroc Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    took me 24 hours, losing a years worth a pictres due to a improper back up and a hell of a lot of frustration but i finally got the jailbreak to work. I reset the phone completely and got it to work.
  • Vetduarte
    Vetduarte Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I am having the same problems I had after jailbreaking my 5.0.1 4S last time with Absynthe:1. Safari crashes soon after started2. Mail crashes soon after started or as soon as I try to read one3. Activator crashes as soon as I try to open it4. Can't open Mail, messages and contacts setup in SettingsLast time, I had to restore to 5.1, thus loosing JB.I'm restoring again now. But I am really confused: why is this happening? I had a iPhone 4 for 8 months or so, jailbroken and still running 4.2.1, and it never showed any problems.This one turns into a mess everytime I try and JB it!
  • time2innov8
    time2innov8 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Ipad 2 (WiFi) with 5.1.1 (9B206) unable to successfully jailbreak with absinthe 2.0.2.Displays error while sending initial jailbreak data, have tried multiple times, also tried the 'reset all settings' option, still the same result. Is there any error logs that can identify the reason for the failure. I previously had the ipad jailbroken when running 5.0.1 software.
  • ziggy
    ziggy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Hi All,does anyone know if there going to fix the unlock for baseband 04.12.01,I updated with the new absinthe and lost my gevey unlock,or does anyone know how to get over this with a down grade or something, i have an iphone 4,Thanks guys.ps, i love the new jailbreak,
  • Delfus
    Delfus Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    Done with success, with the latest version of the Absinthe.... NIce...My life never be the same
  • bruno
    bruno Posts: 19
    via Wordpress
    Hi everyone, ever since jailbroken my new iPad, I've been getting the white icon issue every once in awhile on apple apps, like safari, app store.. Any solution ?Thanks
  • John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress
    i jailbroke my iphone 4s, cydia appeared in home screen, but now when i want to install an application from app store this error occurs: “your request cannot be processed, error code: 1009″. what should i do now? can’t i install any application from app store any more?!!!! please help me …
  • kp
    kp Posts: 12
    via Wordpress
    Can you send it to me too? I cant open the zip file. It says the file is unknown format or damaged
  • kp
    via Wordpress
    I cant open it. the zip file downloads but when i open it, it says its damaged or unknown format. :(
  • kp
    via Wordpress
    Problem solved buddy.. Try downloading the same file by going through a proxy website. solved the problem for me:)
  • Carli
    Carli Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Done my ipad running on 5.1.1 first i update to 5.1.1 then download the tool absinb 2.0 greenpois0n.com and now i have my ipad jailbroken its really cool and if u buy your ipad 2 wifi recently like one month ago thats mean your ipad 2 its the version ""R2"" and there is no way to jailbreak your ipad 2 only you can jailbreak your ipad 2 wifi the older models
  • FJKDLS
    FJKDLS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Apple loves to take away the normal factory apps everytime you jailbreak wirelessly. Never fails! It aint the same as it use to be. I miss the good ole days
  • mangutaman
    mangutaman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Thanks a lot lilchina, works for win7 64 run it as an admin local user.
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress
    Hello, my PC is running Windows Vista andkI managed to fix this issue by:1. Right click absinthe.exe2. Click Properties3. Under the 'Compatibility' tab, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: (I selected 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)), and also check 'Run this program as an administrator.' Click OK.4. I subsequently ran the program as administrator again.Yup, I've successfully jailbroken my iPhone 4. Hope this solution works on your PC as well.
  • Apple
    Apple Posts: 105
    via Wordpress
    Hello, my PC is running Windows Vista and I managed to fix this issue by:1. Right click absinthe.exe2. Click Properties3. Under the 'Compatibility' tab, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: (I selected 'Windows XP (Service Pack 2)), and also check 'Run this program as an administrator.' Click OK.4. I subsequently ran the program as administrator again.Yup, I've successfully jailbroken my iPhone 4. Hope this solution works on your PC as well.
  • jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress
    This worked for me too, thanks for the tip!
  • adnan
    adnan Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Hey there, i need some assistance please. Iv been looking around various websites, how do i upgrade from jailbreakon 5.0.1 to jailbreak 5.1.1 ? what is the exact procedure so i dont lose my current jailbroken data.thanksA