Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated to 2.0.1; Includes Fix For Minor Bugs

Comments

• bitnben
    bitnben Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    jailbreak worked perfect on 2.0 first time, but app store was loading incorrectly (strange font and no download buttons - looks like a really cheap website, basic text is there but its messed up). Restored iPhone 4s, jailbroke with 2.0.1 = same problemTried rebooting, respringing, signing in and out of app store. nothing works:o
  • chrystal
    chrystal Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    I have my phone jailbreak 5.0.1 it was the first time I every have done it. My question is if I jailbreak with the new absinthe 2.0 how do I get my purchased apps back from cydia?? Thanks for the help
  • Grime
    Grime Posts: 216
    via Wordpress
    Correction, meant to say thorough. You know how the internet grammar police can be. lol I've only used Pkgbackup and its great, but I hear xbackup works just as well. Its too much to explain in detail, but you can find plenty of resources online. Again, best of luck.
  • lyn
    lyn Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    same to me, try 5 time: error absinthe.exe has stop workingAny one got idea to help?I did run as administration, on windows 7 64b
  • Grime
    via Wordpress
    Passcode was disabled and I still couldn't get it to work. I initially updated my firmware through itunes. I backed up everything with Pkgbackup and did a complete restore. Everything works now. I never did figure out what was causing the problem. Thanks for the help.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress
    everytime i try to add a new source, it won't finish the download. never finishes on any source!! pleas help!
  • Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress
    will it work on iphone 4s, ios 5.1 ???, it says device not recognized, need help plz
  • Grime
    via Wordpress
    I know you're going hate reading this, but try backing everything with Pkgbackup, and then do a complete restore. There are tutorials online that explain the procedure. I'm guessing there's some kind of conflict with the software on your iPad. That was the case with mine. The jailbreak will complete if you restore. There's always the option of waiting for a bug fix, but like everything else nothing in life is guaranteed. Best of luck.
  • Grime
    via Wordpress
    Had the same problem early on, but figured it out. Excellent advice. A lot of headaches can avoided by allowing Cydia to completely update. I'm just echoing Cydiahelpsux's words because its just that important. Sometimes things are not as complicated as you think.
  • Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress
    What about unlocking iPhone 4? Any tip please?
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    I'm glad to see that xBackup worked. I had AptBackup. It only restored a couple of my Cydia apps and deleted half my Apple apps. I'm switching.
  • Louis
    Louis Posts: 180
    via Wordpress
    I got it. I used redsn0w_win_0.9.10b8b to jailbreak my iPhone 3GS then I went into Cydia and installed rocky-racoon 5.1.1. I am still trying to see if I can use abinsthe on my iPad2 but I will be using the same procedure on it if things don't go well soon.
  • bonelopez
    bonelopez Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    thank you! it works on my IPAD 2 wifi 3g
  • Grime
    via Wordpress
    Yes you can. I updated my 4 and 4s with no problems. It wasn't until I tried my updating my iPad that I ran into trouble. I ended up restoring my iPad because it wouldn't allow me to jailbreak after updating. I my only option was to restore. After restoring I applied the jailbreak with no hassles. I suggest you perform a backup in case you have problems after updating. If have to restore you can choose a saved backup and then apply the jailbreak. Best of luck.
  • Grime
    via Wordpress
    Check my posts. Its not the techie way but it got the job done, or you can always wait for a possible update fix.
  • Pablo Fernandez
    Pablo Fernandez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Okay, I tried jailbreaking my iPod 4g with Absinthe 2.0 and it kept getting to the end then saying something about "Restore complete. If you want to try jailbreaking again, unplug and replug your device" or something like that, so I went to my friend's house and it said "error detecting device (lockdown -5)". I turned my password off, wiped my memory and settings, and tried it again. It still didn't work, so now I'm hoping that Absinthe 2.0.1 will work, but my dial-up won't download it.
  • Grime
    via Wordpress
    You have to update (preferred method) or restore (only use if update fails or you don't mind a clean install) to 5.1.1. That's the way jailbreaks work. Jailbreaks are designed for a specific ios version and this one happens to be 5.1.1. Good luck.
  • Ed
    Ed Posts: 110
    via Wordpress
    same to me, try 10 times: error absinthe.exe has stop working even tryed different computers same thing
  • GRiM
    GRiM Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    Jailbroke my ipad 2 wifi, but for some strange reason the icons went mad into a spaced out position, you couldnt see the dock of time bar, very strange. I think ill wait.
  • Damo
    Damo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I got "error could not getting to lockdownd. Aborting." i have cydia installed on the ipad 3 but should i run it again? or what does this mean?Cheers
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    I can't seem to JB my iphone 4. JB'd it before but then stupidly updated to 5.1.1.Any way, 2.0 didn't work, just kept stopping half way through, trid the wiping memory and backup etc and still no joy.Now with 2.1 it starts off good but then after about 5 mins it just stops and i get a windows messgae telling me that absinthe has stopped working? I am running as admin.When it first connects on the phone you get the little arrow circle telling me its connected, then once it says on the oc 'sending intial...' i loose the arrows on the phone....?Any one help please? lost all me apps, soo gutted!
  • trillpolo
    trillpolo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    there isn't a **** in Cydia after you jailbroken to 5.1. Why? fix this...
  • David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress
    i had this as well.... do you need be connected to the internet for the absinthe programme to work?
  • trillpolo
    trillpolo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    nvm, finally showed up.
  • sattar
    sattar Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    it workzzz for me just fine!! thanxxxxxxx
  • Faysal
    Faysal Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I can't download the file Absinthe 2.0.1 but I'm always getting this download error saying it's damaged or it's in an unknown format.
  • sattar
    sattar Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    it works for me just fine!!! thanxxx
  • djb
    djb Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    give me your email I will send you a dl link, no problem
  • Artem
    Artem Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Worked perfect on my iPhone 4S and iPad 3. Thank you very much!!!!