Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated to 2.0.1; Includes Fix For Minor Bugs

Comments

• madscientest
    madscientest Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    you just did what i did to a T... lame.
  • Hoseman
    Hoseman Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Anyone experiencing any issues with the camera roll after jailbreaking/ restoring??? :-(
  • Rocky
    Rocky Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    I have just update to 5.1.1 but is 9B208, the jailbreak said device not supported, anyone have the same problem?
  • Derrick
    Derrick Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    im having the same problem on my ipad 2 cydia is there but it wont open. how do i erase cydia and start back over again?
  • madscientest
    via Wordpress
    so im trying to downgrade to 5.1.1 the day it came out. so far so good.i got it from here if anyone else want to try. ill post back if it worked or not. cross your fingers.http://www.redmondpie.com/download-5.1.1-ios-for-iphone-4s-4-3gs-ipad-ipod-touch-direct-official-links/
  • madscientest
    via Wordpress
    ya, look a few post up.... : (
  • Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress
    messages has the game center icon and camera has no Icon!!! help me! used v2.0 , respringed 10 times but still...
  • madscientest
    via Wordpress
    IT WORKED!!!! download os 5.1.1 for your device with the above link. i downgraded and absinthe will recognize it!!!!!
  • Critter
    Critter Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
  • Frederick
    Frederick Posts: 6
    via Wordpress
    does anyone know if this new absinthe 2.0.1 update work with the new iphone 4 gsm update of 5.1.1 that apple rolled out with today? i wasnt on 5.1.1 so today i went to update and jailbreak... and yea fail!!!! help???
  • Wiilt
    Wiilt Posts: 104
    via Wordpress
  • Abraham
    Abraham Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    does any one know if they will fix the unlock for baseband 04.12.01 ???
  • JimDiGriz
    JimDiGriz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    absinthe.exe keeps crashing while trying to jailbreak iPhone4 5.1.1 on win7 64bi tried using redsn0w to do a tethered jailbreak and that didn't work either (SHSH blob error-a blank Cydia icon was installed and Cydia didn't open). I tried rebooting and that didn't help.I think my options are:1.Wait until absinthe is upgraded again as based on posts above me i'm not the only one with this problem2.Downgrade back to 5.0.1 and jailbreak there (I upgraded to 5.1.1 from 5.0.1 earlier today as I was having issues with the old baseband and signal indicator-well described on the web and UltraSn0w didn't fix the problem).Anybody else has had Absinthe 2.0.1 crashing issues?
  • Kimberlaya
    Kimberlaya Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    I've downloaded from several different sites, restored, erased content & settings..i still can not get ANY sources for my iphone 4s. When I try to add it either says, timed out or something about hash or old files. I've tried for hrs. What is the correct site to DL the correct Absinthe. I've never had problems like this.
  • pala
    pala Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Some of the original Apple icons like App Store and Map became plain. FaceTime icon had the same problem but after rebooted, it has recovered (at least for now). Any idea how to resolve this?
  • t3
    t3 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    Works like a charm , god like , thanks pod2g and dev team . ppl from Malaysia wan to thank you with donation .^^
  • kimmylin
    kimmylin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    i jailbreak my iphone 4s 5.1.1 with the absinthe 2.0 and now most my apps are missing like my phone, message & photo & many more and i can't restore my iphone back using itunes & when i try to jailbreak it again using absinthe 2.1 it say its not support or recognize how do i fix this.. someone help me please..
  • Tiaira H
    Tiaira H Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I'm having to same problem. I have restore my phone and installed cydia again but nothing has change PLEASE HELP
  • Tiaira H
    via Wordpress
    Can someone please tell me why the sources won't finish downloading
  • Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress
    i had jailbroke my ipod 4g and it worked prefectly, but when it comes up with my iphone4, absinthe won't work, it'll ether freeze up while its jailbreaking or it'll say "Sorry. the attached device is not supported" what do i do ? and im running 5.1.1
  • madscientest
    via Wordpress
    because a million people are trying to use it...
  • Rach
    Rach Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    You're being too literal. You should just keep your comments to yourself. I'm sure you would thank your God when something good happens.
  • Tiaira H
    via Wordpress
    Having same problem but with other sources. Any ideas on what to do?
  • Adam Lally
    Adam Lally Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    ive restored and jailbroken numerous times and still get the same issue
  • Orion Reyes
    Orion Reyes Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    There is no need to preserve Baseband! This method worked for me on an iPhone 4 GSM with SAM activation ticket preserved under iOS 5.0.1 and BB 04.11.08, updated to iOS 5.1.1 with BB 04.12.01 and Jailbroken with Absinthe 2.0.1, Obviously you have to start by installing SAMPrefs from the http://repo.bingner.com, and I used iFile and Dropbox to restore the Lockdown folder with the preserved ticket, here is what I did: 1. Remove original carrier's SIM (or any SIM) 2. Delete /var/root/Library/Lockdown folder with iFile 3. Delete /User/Library/Preferences/com.bingner.sam.plist (if its there) 4. Unzip your SAM activation ticket previously stored in Dropbox (after you click the zip file select to open with iFile) 5. Copy ONLY the Lockdown folder to /var/root/Library (Dropbox puts it usually in /var/mobile/Documents/var/root/Library/Lockdown, depending on how you preserved your activation ticket) 6. Reboot device 7. Once rebooted, insert the unofficial SIM, it will say "No Network" this is OK 8. Open SAMPrefs 9. Check if SAMState: Loaded OK, and Disable SAM (Under Suscriber Artificial Module) 10. The network will change to "Searching..." 11. Enable it Again, and wait for 5 seconds 12. Go to Utilities and press "Restore Activation" you will get an error, its OK, go back out 13. Disable and Enable again, wait a few seconds, and if necessary repeat until signal is acquired (mine took three repetitions) 14. Once you get the carrier signal, disable and exit SAMPrefs 15. Congratulations you Unlocked your iPhone!!!
  • HereInChicago
    HereInChicago Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Anyone have a 64gb 3g ipad 2?My iphone 4s worked fine. Tried JB on my ipad 2, so far its been running for about 15 minutes and the progress bar has only gotten to about 5%... How long has it taken y'alls iPad?Im running 5.1.1
  • HereInChicago
    HereInChicago Posts: 8
    via Wordpress
    Anyone have a 64gb 3g ipad 2?My iphone 4s worked fine. Tried JB on my ipad 2, so far its been running for about 15 minutes and the progress bar has only gotten to about 5%… How long has it taken y’alls iPad?Im running 5.1.1
  • karle
    karle Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • karle
    karle Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    all i get is a black box with stuff going up then that's it
  • nabariba
    nabariba Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    jailbroke ipad 3 fine, weird thing is, when going into apple store, cannot locate previous purchases?