Absinthe iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak Updated to 2.0.1; Includes Fix For Minor Bugs

Comments

• Kidd
    Kidd Posts: 11
    via Wordpress
    could ya'll stop going on cydia so i can add in my sources, thank you haha
  • kev brown
    kev brown Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    hi, absinthe 2.0 and 2.0.1 runs for ages then said absinthe setup.exe has stopped working. ive done a restore too and still no joy. ran as admin tto. its an ipad 2. ive done my 4s first time no issues :(anyone know how to sort this?
  • rayz
    rayz Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Works Great =) ~ for those facing crashing issue on 2nd phrase of Absinthe, just re-run the program with "Run as Administrator"*sorry for bad english* Bonne chance et amusez-vous
  • xpedia
    xpedia Posts: 5
    via Wordpress
    My Siri was not working, someone suggested a reboot and now Siri is working.
  • B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    I jailbroke yesterday but it deleted my pictures, so I restored it. Tried the next day to re jailbrake but I got the message "sorry, device not supported". I even did a full restore . Someone help !!!!
  • B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress
    whats the link ? how do i downgrade to get jailbreak to work?
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    If your having problems Jailbreaking with Absinthe, just download the latest version of redsnow and tethered Jailbreak your Iphone. Go into Cydia and install Rocky Racoon, this will untether your phone. I had to do this with my 3Gs.
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress
    Use redsnow to tethered jailbreak, then install Rocky Racoon from cydia, this will untether your iDevices.
  • Mark
    Mark Posts: 267
    via Wordpress
    If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it. I've jailbroken quite a few times, but I must be overlooking something. I'm on iOS 5.1.1 on both my iPad2 and iPhone 4s. When I connect them to the computer and open absinthe the "Jailbreak" button isn't clickable. What am I not doing or doing wrong?
  • Parky
    Parky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    Since I've jb can't play music and keyboard very slow to catch up 4s ios5.1.1!!!!!
  • ipg
    ipg Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    My icons for app store, itunes, mail, ... Keep going off blank icon then they come back... Any ideas? Should i restore from back up and do it with 2.0.1?
  • Pegger
    Pegger Posts: 54
    via Wordpress
    Never had so much trouble with jailbreaking :/iPad WiFi / OKiPad WiFi + 3G / OK after a few timesiPod 4 / OK after a few timesiPhone 4 (GSM) / OKiPad2 GSM / 2 days trying, still alot of problems (random reboots, apps not installing, can't restore a backup / Keeps hanging on boot in moving circle / etc..., did complete recovery's etc... installed apps from itunes store instead of thru itunes pc / just putting backup back / Reboot while setting backup back / etc..., going into day 3 soon and still no working jailbroken iPad2
  • madscientest
    madscientest Posts: 13
    via Wordpress
    download your os from the above link, then in itunes click and hold the option key(on mac not sure what button on pc) and press the restore button, it will prompt you to select a ipsw file. select the one you just download. then run the jailbreak.
  • Memo
    Memo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    absinthe keeps crashing on me, I've tried pretty much every suggestion out there.... it'll start sending initial jailbreak data and after a while it just crashes, it encounters a problem and needs to close... any suggestions?
  • peter jansen
    peter jansen Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
    I get another error with my iPad3 and win7. Also well known and a windows-to-blame-one apparently. absynthe exe. has stopped working. The perp here, according to the win log is "ntdll.dll".But now comes the weird part. It happened on two different computers both running Win7 (completely up to date) but with a totally different program setup. And of course with administrator accounts on both machine and both "run as administrator". Basically it's no big deal that my iPad isn't jailbroken but I don't dare to update my 4s to 5.1.1 unless I know the JB works.Any ideas?
  • AK
    AK Posts: 9
    via Wordpress
    Does this works with the revision 5.1.1 apple firmware (the newest one)? And what is the best way to backup all my cydia app and package and regular itune apps?
  • Lirim
    Lirim Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
    when come the jailbreak for ipohne 4 with ios 5.1.1 (9B208) ?????
  • Delfus
    Delfus Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
    I can't jailbreak may iPhone 4.I update to 5.1.1 and tried to run Absinthe 2.0.1. In the the middle of the process freezes and stay there forever (last try 30 minutes).Now (another try) I made a complete restore and I'm syncing with the iTunes, and then run absinthe 2.0.1. Someone have the same problem? Any help, please.....I try it with my iPad 2 and all went fine..... running smoothly......
  • Delfus
    via Wordpress
    Now I've the "Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)...PLEASE HELP!
  • Delfus
    via Wordpress
    I tried with the .ipsw "iPhone3,1_5.1.1_9B206_Restore", and the Absinthe get the “Error detecting device (lockdown error -5)"HELP
  • Jason
    Jason Posts: 585
    via Wordpress
    I'm getting the same thing. It's because of so many people jail breaking. I just kept trying to download and they eventually installed.
  • ImadsMoon
    ImadsMoon Posts: 18
    via Wordpress
    i've jailbroken 4 iphones - 2 iphone 4s and 2 iphone 4 , and guess what ?!!!! THERE WAS NO ERRORS , THANK YOU POD2G JUST A note : iphone 4s battery SUCKS AFTER THIS RELEASE .
  • jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    I have iphone 4 At&t with 5.1.1 9B206 previously there was 9B208 ,Absinthe 2.0.1 say Sorry, the attached device is not supported . jail broken tow others iphone in the same computer 3GS and 4G last yesterday . please help
  • Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress
    Getting stuck at beginning jailbreak. On absinthe 2.0.1 and iOS 5.1.1. Tried about everything, anyone have any ideas?
  • Sean
    via Wordpress
    Getting stuck at beginning jailbreak. Absinthe 2.0.1 and iOS 5.1.1. Tries several times. Anyone have any ideas?
  • drcav
    drcav Posts: 0
    via Wordpress
    Worked great. First of all, do a recover. before you use your backup, use de absinthe. just it
  • Sean
    via Wordpress
    Ive not used any backup I've started from a new phone
  • Brad
    Brad Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT
  • Brad
    Brad Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT shift SHIFT
  • Adnan Memon
    Adnan Memon Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
    I have already jailbreaked my iphone 4s 5.1.1 with absinthe 2.0 .... can i again jailbreak it with absinthe 2.0.1 ??